Rename extracted file(s) using folder names

Want something added? Ask for it here.
gitar

Rename extracted file(s) using folder names

Post by gitar »

Hi!

First off thanks for this awesome application and all the effort you guys put in it.

Here to my Feature Request: I would like to see an option to rename files after extraction using the name of the folder they are in.

Lemme give you a generic example:

Let's say after extraction we have a folder called "Ubuntu-9.10-Desktop-i386" and in the folder the iso file is named "ub910di386.iso" (fugly).

Now it would be great to get the file renamed to "Ubuntu-9.10-Desktop-i386.iso" automaticly. Also subfolder support would be great in case of a CD1 and CD2 ... download.

Following app has a feature like that: http://www.codebyte.org/scru.php (I have no affiliation whatsoever to the maker of that unpacking program)

Cheers, gitar
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rename extracted file(s) using folder names

Post by shypike »

You can accomplish this with a simple user script.
Or just run SCRU from that user script.
gitar

Post by gitar »

shypike wrote: You can accomplish this with a simple user script.
Nice! Would someone be so nice and help me out with such a user script? How would I go about renaming files to foldernames without touching the file extension and having subfolder support?

(Running scru is no option for me atm, cause it's been a bit unstable on win7 64bits.)

Edit: Thanks, found a script in the scripts forums :)
Last edited by gitar on March 10th, 2010, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
switch

Post by switch »

Generic sorting can do this, under config>sorting. It will only run on files over 350MB(ish), you may wish to create a new category for it so you have control over which jobs it gets applied to. Just select the category under config>sorting.