Old feature needs comeback

Want something added? Ask for it here.
Jere_Tristan

Old feature needs comeback

Post by Jere_Tristan »

I would prefer that the old "zipped" windows distro still be available for download, rather than a SABnzbd that I have to install.
Previously, I could have more than 1 copy of SABnzbD running on the same comp, and I don't know if this is entirely possible if it is installed.

And for the installer, please add an option to "install sab service" too, with options to auto start with windows.

TNX!
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Old feature needs comeback

Post by inpheaux »

The zipped version never went away. It's right there, third in the list: SABnzbd-0.3.0-win32.zip.
Jere_Tristan

Post by Jere_Tristan »

Tnx man! For whatever reason I didn't see it
switch

Post by switch »

Installing as a service should be an option in the installer soon, as-well as an option to put it in the startup folder.

Just need to make sure no one is having any problems running it as a service before it is added as an option.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi,
I use a program called Fire Daemon pro to create and run sabnzbdplus as a service. I've found that it works great in vista, with the inclusion of the -b0 switch to suppress the console spawn. I haven't followed the instructions to create a service in windows using microsoft tools, but this is indeed would be a nice feature to have native so I can ditch this third party software.