SMS notification

Want something added? Ask for it here.
digitalsy

SMS notification

Post by digitalsy »

I love the email notification feature of sabnzbd! I would like to request that a feature be added to notify us by SMS of completed downloads/errors. More often than not I have my cell on me at all times, whereas I'm not always in front of a computer checking email. I'd love to be able to receive a text message similar to the emails I currently get!

Keep up the great work, love this program!

--digitalsy
switch

Re: SMS notification

Post by switch »

Something I have thought about, however there is no free international provider of free SMS sending, so multiple different free providers would have to be supported which would be a real pain to maintain.

Try looking on your phone providers website, some of them have an email address that will forward stuff to your phone.

Also I think with a large amount of jobs, it would get pretty annoying unless it was possible to set the alert on a job by job basis.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Or write your own SMS handler in a user post-processing script.
manks

Post by manks »

i use google mail on my phone so get notified that way, no ideal if you dont get free data allowance, but works for me.
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

manks wrote: i use google mail on my phone so get notified that way, no ideal if you dont get free data allowance, but works for me.
I use google mail too
(2USD per megabyte for me)

Do you use it on a symbian/UIQ phone? or just a regular phone?
Do you get notified of incoming mails or do you have to check it yourself?
FLACme

zero-spam gateway option

Post by FLACme »

I already receive phone notifications, but then VerizonWireless, evil though they are, allows one to choose an email address through which one may receive txt messages.  This is not a "smart"phone. 

Depending on where you live you might find joy using teleflip.com  8)