More bandwidth stats

Want something added? Ask for it here.
ziddey

More bandwidth stats

Post by ziddey »

I like how under server settings, it shows bandwidth information for each server (total, today, this week, this month).

I was wondering if it'd be reasonable enough to implement more statistics? Say, average speed per connection for that server, or even aggregate. I am currently on an unlimited monthly plan, but am playing with all the free ipv6 servers, and for the most part, they seem to be reliable enough and capable of maxing out my current internet connection.

On top of average speed, a counter for server timeouts would be nice as well.

Cheers
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: More bandwidth stats

Post by shypike »

We have no plans to add more statistics.
A lot of work, small audience.

The only related thing we're working on is quota management for those
unlucky people who have to deal with monthly download caps.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: More bandwidth stats

Post by sander »

@ziddey:

If you really want this, you could monitor your traffic at the network layer. Depending on your OS, there are different tools. For Linux, see for example bandwidthd and http://bandwidthd.sourceforge.net/demo/

EDIT: I just installed ntop on my Ubuntu machine, and it gives a lot of information via a webinterface. I can see the bytes per host. There are graphs too, and ntop sees that NEWS is now junk most of my bandwidth. However, I've not figured out how to show the bandwidth of different newsserver in one graph...
Last edited by sander on June 30th, 2011, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate