bootSkin

Got a neat new template? Share it here!
Qexpres

bootSkin

Post by Qexpres »

Hey guys,

I've been using SABnzbd for a while now and as a Mac user I really use it a lot. Being a web developer, I started creating my own template. It's starting to get shape and I really like the progress so far. However, the lack of knowledge about SABnzbd's template parser slows the progress down tremendously. I might have overlooked something, but I haven't found any documentation about this so far. I've been copying most of the things from already existing templates, but I'd rather know more about the variables I have access to and which statements I could use. Can anyone tell me if there is such a documentation, or anything else that can help at all?

Also, if anyone could tell me really quick how to check whether a variable exists or not, it would help me a lot right now! E.g. <!--#if $blah#-->....<!--#end if#--> throws an internal server error "NotFound" instead of treating it as false.

I hope someone can help me out and maybe if I get some more work done I can post some screenshots of the skin.

Thanks in advance and cheers!

edit: I managed to find a way to check a variable's existence. :) $varExists('varName') did the trick!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: bootSkin

Post by shypike »

The template language itself is Cheetah: http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
The variables are not documented. Use the existing templates or look in the Python code: sabnzbd/interface.py
Qexpres

Re: bootSkin

Post by Qexpres »

Thank you for your fast reply. I assumed this template language was something created especially for SABnzbd and I feel stupid now for not noticing it was Cheetah. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to get some work done now.