Preview: Plush 3.0 for SABnzbd+ 0.5

Got a neat new template? Share it here!
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Preview: Plush 3.0 for SABnzbd+ 0.5

Post by huleboeren »

pair of dimes wrote: I will have to think about that huleboeren. I like the idea and I see its purpose. On the other hand what if you use several servers at the same time? Would people not "get" what the "# @" means? Additionally, Warnings are now updated upon refresh -- so if you want to quickly check to see if there are problems that should probably be your first stop.
I think I am pretty close to where Plush will be for 0.5 at this point, here's what I have left:
new options for limiters: show "last ##" + "none"
So right now the queue and history have "Show Top 5/10/15/20"/etc -- I was thinking of adding "Show Last 5/10/15/20"/etc -- meaning right now you can only look at the "top" of your queue, this would let you see nzbs from the bottom. Additionally I was thinking about the "none" option which wouldn't show anything and disable refreshing. Thoughts on this?
My queue is never that huge that I need to see what I just added at the bottom but thats just me :)
pair of dimes wrote: new option to hide priorities from queue
Don't get me wrong, the new High/Normal/Low priority options in the queue are great, but I don't think everyone will use them or want to look at them. For this I was thinking of just having a checkbox in the main menu to toggle the priority menus on/off. Any other ideas on what can be toggled like that? The other post-processing options (category/mode/script) can be edited from the NZO page now (nzb file listing page) but I'm not sure if it is necessary to have the option to toggle those.
Other than that I'm going to be looking at cleaning up the configs, the code, and posting a new introductory thread to Plush usage before 0.5 release.
Let me know if you have any other ideas. I think the graphic layout is okay at this point but I am still open to contributions -- will probably be easiest to wait for a beta before jumping into that for anyone interested.
How about an option to show/hide number of connections next to the speed? :D It could be hidden by default in order not to confuse people :P
Not quite sure how to handle the multiple servers thingy :/
Perhaps the total number of connections used across all servers?
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

pair of dimes wrote: new options for limiters: show "last ##" + "none"
So right now the queue and history have "Show Top 5/10/15/20"/etc -- I was thinking of adding "Show Last 5/10/15/20"/etc -- meaning right now you can only look at the "top" of your queue, this would let you see nzbs from the bottom. Additionally I was thinking about the "none" option which wouldn't show anything and disable refreshing. Thoughts on this?
I'd like to see the "last XX in queue feature" its been a few times that I've added more than my queue will show (15 or 20 usually), and want to see whats at the bottom/make sure I added or didn't add something), would be great to jump to the bottom, remove and then jump back to the top (without having to adjust the queue to show the right amount.

pair of dimes wrote: new option to hide priorities from queue
Don't get me wrong, the new High/Normal/Low priority options in the queue are great, but I don't think everyone will use them or want to look at them. For this I was thinking of just having a checkbox in the main menu to toggle the priority menus on/off. Any other ideas on what can be toggled like that? The other post-processing options (category/mode/script) can be edited from the NZO page now (nzb file listing page) but I'm not sure if it is necessary to have the option to toggle those.
For the priorities, will that be something that can be controlled based on category, or how it is added? (a bit out of scope of plush, but I'm curious) I'd love to be able to set RSS feeds/TV shows to the top and have everything else wait peacefully while the "important" files getting downloaded and processed.
EDIT: Found out this is how it will work - awesome... next question then, any insider info on when 0.5 will be released? Also has Plush 3.0 been added to the 0.5 trunk in SVN? I'd love to play around with it even in the alpha stage.

Plush 3.0 looks great (with the sneak peak pictures you've posted), can't wait to see how much I download each month (without trying to manually count it up or average it out of the total).

Cheers,

Markus101
Last edited by markus101 on January 26th, 2009, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
Coeluh

Post by Coeluh »

Have you come any further? Sorry for my absence, school is killing me.
Coeluh

Post by Coeluh »

pair of dimes wrote: A button to fetch Newzbin bookmarks is in (only shown if you have Newzbin).
A checkbox to toggle the queue priority menus is in.
I'm skipping the option to show the "last X downloads" for now.

I'll say definitely hold off on styling tweaks until a 0.5 beta is out, shouldn't be too much longer.

I think all that's left now is tweaks/cleanup, personally I don't want to add anything else.
You shoudln't! I'm curious!
themugger
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by themugger »

sounds very nice so far, looking forward to 0.5 even more now... ;D
rAf

Post by rAf »

nice work on Plush !
Just a little remark : could you hide pagination controls if there is only 1 page ?
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

I dunno if it needs to be abbreviated if its the same for all 3, would make the interface "move" when it really doesn't need to, as it would move the total download over (or leave a blank spot between total and the load monitor). The History pagination looks awesome though, might I suggest smaller boxes for the next and previous page buttons? The symbol looks a bit too small inside such a big box.

Also the load is redundant showing in both History and The Current queue, not sure if you want to remove one, but the one on the queue looks more out of place IMO. Or maybe just move the SysLoad to the end of that line and unbold the text for the load, so it matches the flow of the Free Space items?

In any event, it looks great, I love the look and feel of it, the new drop box at the top feels much more functional than with teh preious version of plush, using the Plush icon to shutdown and set the download speed (always had the feeling it never took what I selected for the download speed and would check it over a couple times to be sure).

-Markus
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

pair of dimes wrote: Thanks for catching that, now it's in the history only.
Looks good.

pair of dimes wrote: I know what you are saying. Another thing I was thinking is having a tooltip. Try hovering the queue's time left, you get the ETA.
I like the look of it being static and always there, Tooltip wouldn't be bad, but I would prefer it as is. The Total/Month/Week will only be the same for 7/31 days max for each week/month, no need to reset the History now, so I can't see much use of it only showing if it's different.
pair of dimes wrote: I changed the prev/next symbols so they are a bit larger, how is that?
Looks the same to me (Trunk version 2263), it's not a huge deal, maybe its just the fact that it not centered (vertically) in the box that makes it feel off to me.

I though Prototype looked good for 0.5, but Plush 3.0 is giving it a run for it's money (and then some).

-Markus
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

I like it, wouldn't have thought about ordering it that way myself, but it looks good, more intuitive. The next/previous page arrows look a little cleaner too, there used to be two arrows on each button, correct?

Looks solid. I'm excited for the full release of 0.5, even just for the changes added with Plush 3.0.

-Markus
Coeluh

Post by Coeluh »

pair of dimes wrote:
markus101 wrote: there used to be two arrows on each button, correct?
Yep, I added the text as it seemed to make it a little more obvious as to what it was supposed to do, and made for a larger click area.

I cleaned up what I could for IE7, it looks passably decent for now though not perfect, probably as much as I care to make proper... could use the help of a CSS guru for the following problems with IE7:
* SABnzbd logo & stats (above queue) don't line up perfectly centered
* queue nzb pause/resume icons don't have pin-striping between rows

The new menu is a little uneven in the sub-navigation, this is true across all browsers though. I am hoping with the upcoming 0.5 alpha someone will be able to step in and help me get that cleaned up.

The new nzb upload method doesn't work at all in IE7 & Opera. I had to kludge it to get it working proper in the other browsers. It's looking like I'm probably going to need to revert to the 0.4 method of ajax nzb uploading, unless the new jquery plugin I'm using is fixed or can be worked around.
I can give the css mess a shot. I've been struggling with IE all the time, so on that area I got a lot of  experience.
Coeluh

Post by Coeluh »

NIce job, but I find it a little bit to crowded.
Coeluh

Post by Coeluh »

pair of dimes wrote:
Coeluh wrote: NIce job, but I find it a little bit to crowded.
Windows were sized to be as small as possible, you can disable priorities/categories/scripts, should not be a problem.
Nice you can disable them!
sabgnome

Post by sabgnome »

I'm waiting on the full release 0.5 to test this out but I've read along a bit.

I don't have any major issues with how its coming along but there are a few things I would miss from this.  I guess its a wish list.  Forgive me if any of these wishes are already addressable or able to be worked around......

Its great that you will now be able to pause individual files and set three priorities. Thanks for that it was very annoying being limited to a global pause without scripting.  However I would like an option that would allow me to multi-select collection names and move them specifically up/down/top/bottom of the cue, preferably in an ordered cue list.  I could just set everything to normal and adjust some cued items high but that is imprecise and takes away some control.  I guess I'd just prefer an option for an ordered list with micromanagement vs lowest-low-normal-high-highest-extremehigh type terms but maybe that's just a peeve.

Another thing I would miss is the ability to multiselect files from the add nzb button.  I know I can dump nzb's to the watch folder for them to cue up automatically, and there is probably a way to associate the nzb files themselves on click,  but it would be nice to be able to manually add a number of nzb files at once using the add button without having to add them one at a time. Many other apps allow you to multiselect (highlight) multiple files from their add/open file browser pop up window.

Another thing I'd like that relates to the previous two things I mentioned, is an option to pause all items on import/addition to cue. (So anything you add to the cue is paused.)

Other than that I like the ability to choose my own font sizes, font types, and color schemes (most importantly background colors if nothing else) so they are changed specifically in whichever file management and chat apps I use whenever possible.  I use ctrl+/- and accessibar addon in firefox but it would be preferable if I could customize Plush in itself.

Plush looks great though and I am very impressed with it from what I've read + the screenshots. Thanks for all the work.
Last edited by sabgnome on March 1st, 2009, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sabgnome

Post by sabgnome »

Thanks for taking the time to investigate my questions and give answers.  I think this is going to be really good.

I can get used to priorities,and combined with the ability to pause individual files I can probably control a lot if I'm clever about it.  The multiselect would be nice but isn't worth making the app buggy. Not that big of a deal I guess since I can dump multiselected nzb's to the watch folder. 

Like you said, maybe I can edit the css file for custom fontsize and the page's background color.  The main reason I mentioned custom at all is that I especially dislike bright/white backgrounds on lcd screens and so prefer apps that allow me to change those.  Plush really isn't bright in the screenshots though so not a huge deal.

Settings like pause on import and a preset priority on new imports would be kinda cool but I can live without it.

Most of the things I mentioned were features avail in another popular news download manager program that I am more familiar with, but some of what I mentioned that app is also lacking.  I have to say I like the look of plush much better.  I'm looking forward to using it in 0.5  :)
rAf

Post by rAf »

Nice work pOd and inpheaux on the menu, looks nice !

One feature I'd like to see on future versions is a search function with autocomplete for history.

There is a jquery plugin :

http://bassistance.de/jquery-plugins/jq ... ocomplete/

demo :
http://jquery.bassistance.de/autocomplete/demo/

What do you think ?
Last edited by rAf on March 23rd, 2009, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.