Glitter - A new modern template

Got a neat new template? Share it here!
hernandito

Re: Glitter - A new modern template

Post by hernandito »

I have made a couple of tweaks to 2 css files to create a more condensed Glitter. I do a lot of downloads and I like to see at a quick glance what Sab has managed to harvest. Not sure if you like this, or if you want to create an alternative. Or simple just want to keep focusing on what you have so far.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I like this, we could offer this as an option!
From the trash-bin icon on the left I am guessing you are not using the latest 1.0.0RC release but an older one?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
hernandito

Post by hernandito »

safihre wrote:I like this, we could offer this as an option!
From the trash-bin icon on the left I am guessing you are not using the latest 1.0.0RC release but an older one?
I am so glad you like it.

I use Sab in a Docker running in unRAID. Not sure how they upgrade this stuff. It sates SABnzbd version: 1.0.0RC1

Do you want me to send you the 2 css files? Or do you prefer an alternate method? I do not have a lot of experience w/ Github.

Thanks!!

PS - I did something wrong.... must have copied file from an older Glitter. Will try to implement what I did w/ the latest css's from Glitter.
hernandoruiz

Post by hernandoruiz »

OK, I have managed to edit anew the css files.

Below is a link to the 2 edited css files:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nsngm ... er-css.rar

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Many thanks for considering this.
hernandoruiz

Post by hernandoruiz »

I have been making refinements and I have updated the links above. The composite below gives an idea of the look and feel.

shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Quite nice.
Could pass as the standard make-up, at least for me it would.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Will add it as an option this weekend!
But not the yellow stuff.. Mostly removing padding everywhere and let's see how that works out :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
hernandoruiz

Post by hernandoruiz »

Awesome.... thank you safihre... Also please some of the fonts I made slightly smaller as well.
wayned42

Post by wayned42 »

Here is a patch that moves both search boxes next to the headings. This is much more usable to me, and allowed me to increase my history list again:

http://opencoder.net/Glitter-search.diff

There's also a tweak to remove the "Everything" option for history, as that caused the page to lock up so badly that I couldn't even get to the page options to undo it. You may want to tweak that to have both 500 & 1000 options instead of just the 500 option I used (or just ignore that part of the change).

I dislike how the queue's search box requires pagination before it shows up, but I didn't change that (I had mine showing at all times for a bit, but it might be nice to show/hide it based on any queue content).

If someone thinks that the combination of title & search box should take up less space, a good solution for that would be to change the visible bit to be just the search icon next to the heading. When the user clicks on it, the heading would vanish and search box would show up (focused).
Last edited by wayned42 on May 8th, 2016, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yes, I like the idea of just having the search icon next to the header that expands on click. The whole box there expanded always feels bulky.
Although this probably won't make it into the final, so it might later upset users that got used to it down there.
ZlatkO

Post by ZlatkO »

Hi,

I have a strange quirk with Firefox (both 38.7.1esr and 45.0.2esr) in the config window that I hope someone here can help me to solve: the tab bar at the top of the page overlays the actual config page. Using smaller fonts doesn't help, the sabnzbd logo still stays in a line of its own rather than beside the tabs (I know what it's supposed to look like from a short test with Opera). Is this a known problem with Firefox? Seamonkey does the same, BTW, so I guess it's the Mozilla rendering engine that does this:

Thanks! :)

EDIT: fixed image URL
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

We are aware, it has to do with fonts. For some reasons some systems (you are on Linux right?) use a different default font than we tell it too, that font a little bit too wide.

This will probably not be fixed for 1.0.1, but in 1.1.0 we will have a new smaller logo that's safe for all situations!
ZlatkO

Post by ZlatkO »

Yup, that's right, it's a Linux system. ;) Okay, so I'll try fiddling with fonts and/or play with shrinking the logo for the time being, until there's an official fix. Thanks for the quick answer! :)
wayned42

Post by wayned42 »

Please consider moving the search box up next to the title in the next release. My slightly revised patch:

http://opencoder.net/Glitter-search.diff

This really makes searching much better on longer history lists.
Knuta

Post by Knuta »

I'm used to NZBGet and find it frustrating both that the search box and the "Purge History" and the "Show All / Show Failed" buttons are on the bottom. Especially because if you press the "Show All / Show Failed" button it moves because the list changes and then you have to move the cursor to press it again.