Theme: smpl (Discussion)

Got a neat new template? Share it here!
switch

Theme: smpl (Discussion)

Post by switch »

Included with 0.3.0+ just select it under Config->General and restart SABnzbd.
Features:
-Simple, clean design
-Automatic updating of queue, history, and download speed (AJAX)
-Download graph
-Re-designed config look and AJAX form submitting

Please use this thread to make any suggestions or report any bugs (include your OS+browser).
Planned enhancements for future versions:
-Add a simplified time left on downloads to the title bar(done)
-Cancel past AJAX requests when a new one is sent off
-Dual Queue and history views(done)
Last edited by switch on January 21st, 2008, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john3voltas
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Theme: smpl (Discussion)

Post by john3voltas »

Hi switch,
I love smpl.
This is my "default" template since 0.3.0..
Keep the good work on this one.
BTW, I have noticed a problem with many templates and your's have it too.
When I have nbz's downloading and I go to the Queue panel I get to see the list of all nzb's downloading and then to get out of there I have to hit back in my browser because there's no way to get out of there.
Now, if I click on one of the nzb's I get to a panel that shows me all the parts/files inside the nzb, much like clicking Toggle Verbosity when inside the Queue.
It's just that it doesn't make sense having two things producing almost the same effect.
Plus Toggle Verbosity looks much nicer because it has nice color and all.
I guess this has much to do with the Default theme that comes with Sab+ right?
Can you guys do something about it?
Cheers
SABnzbd 0.6.0Alpha11 on Fedora 14-64bit laptop.
Usenet-News, TeraNews, newszilla6.xs4all.nl and reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl.
IPv6 connections powered by Hurricane Electric.
Can pull 30Mbit nntp on a 30Mbit FTTH link.
switch

Post by switch »

It is a bit confusing, however the nzo page (the one when clicking on the name of the nzb) is the only one where you can re-order the individual files.

I do think having the two ways of doing more or less the same thing is counter-productive however it is something still hanging on from when we took over after 0.2.5.

From a template perspective I may look into having that link open up the verbosity view below only that item in the queue but I need to see if this is feasible first.
john3voltas
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by john3voltas »

I'm not quite sure if we're in sync.
I wasn't aware that changing the download order had to be done from inside the nzb link, so that means that we need to be able to click the nzb name until we have the feature available elsewhere on the GUI or permanently if the devs want it to stay there. ;)
On the other hand I don't know if you are aware that from inside the nzb link you have other links available on the top of the page and that none of them (exception made to Home) works properly as it seems that they're missing some images to work properly or that they're missing some ??? html/xml/css structure.
This is the link in my browser http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/queue/SABnzbd_nzo_ai1ydr/
To properly replicate this misbehavior try this:
- open a new nzb for download and make sure you pause Sab+ so that you have enough time to browse the interface
- go to the Queue panel
- click on the nzb name
- now you get to see a lot of links on the top of the page, namely, Home, Queue, History, Config, Connections, Toggle Verbosity
- there is only a single link that works properly and that's Home, the remaining are not rendered properly on screen. It's just as if they're missing some of the images that would fill in with the remaining text and hiperlinks or they're just child panels missing the parent panel.
Hope I made sense. :P
As said I also believe that this has much to do with earlier releases or with the default theme itself.
Anyone maintaining the default theme?
Cheers
SABnzbd 0.6.0Alpha11 on Fedora 14-64bit laptop.
Usenet-News, TeraNews, newszilla6.xs4all.nl and reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl.
IPv6 connections powered by Hurricane Electric.
Can pull 30Mbit nntp on a 30Mbit FTTH link.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

I dont know if there is any devolpment still on this interface because it seems to do all, the things that are needed.

But is it possible to let the bar graph show more samples. Its now 19x2 sec samples can it be changes in 38 samples and a bigger (twice as) bar?
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

A little feedback form me after some working with thsi interface, all S40B2.

1. Also in dual view the Q and H windows doesnt seem to update only the dload speed above updates.
I have to F5 a lot see where it is with the queue.

2. Another thing on my 1920 screen i can only have 3 items in the history before my screen is full. If the empty lines wheren not used maybe it could fit 6 dloads in the window. Still not enough but a lot better  ;D

3. I like the speedbar but if the history gets to log it scroll of the screen. I think it would be better if it had its own frame so it always stays in place.

4. Rember its last setting. If i put in it in dual view it would be nice if it would remember that as the new "standard"
switch

Post by switch »

To be honest, I'd prefer to spend most of my templating time working on a new theme for 0.5.0, however you raise some good points.

Download graph,
I realise you want this wider, but I have to still support people on smaller screens. I'm not too sure how the graph will react to percentage style widths.

Looks like only the history is updating for some reason, will look into that.

Not sure what you mean by empty lines. If you want to see more items click "hide files"

Something I have experimented with, but couldn't find a nice way of doing it. I'll try and dig up some screenshots to see what you think.

Would have to save the last page into a cookie, I'll look into it. Currently however you can bookmark the page you want.

Also, how does the "DualView2" look for you? I'm considering removing it as it looks pretty bad on my 1280x1024 display due to the queue having twice as many columns as before pushing it into the center too much.
Last edited by switch on April 12th, 2008, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

Bargraph: Yeah people with small screens must be supported too  :) . Maybe you can add easy to find 2 parameters in the begin of a file, so powerusers can edit them itself if they want. But its not that important, so please dont to much time on it.

1. It seems that i found the cause of it. I just discovered a new paramater, it was set (defaulted) to zero.
Queue auto refresh interval: 0   Refresh interval of the queue web-interface page(sec, 0= none)   

I set it to 2 and see or this work. If not i will let you know.

2. Empty lines, the history shows something like this. Here you can better see what i mean.
-----------------------------------------------
NAME : xx

Stage Download
    [Time-Taken]: 10 minutes 26 seconds
    [Avg-Speed]: 2049kB/s

----------------------------------------------

Stage Par2
    [PAR-INFO] xx => Repaired in 2.6s
    [DEL-INFO] xx => Deleted 2 file(s)

Stage Unrar
    [RAR-INFO] xx => Unpacked 1 file(s) in 15.7s
    [DEL-INFO] xx => Deleted 24 file(s)

Oh btw there is a small problem in the AVG speed calculation because i never come above the 1950kps. I guess that's becuase it count the "not dloaded" par2 files giving a little higher speed.

3. ok

4. good tip, i'll try that later.

I like the dual view look very much, its my favorite. Because i have 16:10 screen 1920x1200, so there is enough room to show me 2 colums, the dualview 1 has to much unused space for my taste.

5. What i like about this interface that it has all the thing i need on one page instead of hidden in menu's. All the info like TTL and ETA instead of or TTL or ETA.
Its indeed very clean and efficient, i had to work with because i had no choice. But now that i work a little with, only now i notice how good it really is. My compliments.
Last edited by nzb_leecher on April 12th, 2008, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

btw just tested the Queue auto refresh parameters with 2 secs, but it didnt  work. Seems that there is indeed something broken.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

Tested with b4 i notice the graph bar doesnt remember its setting, i set it to 2 secs but after a shutdown i have to set it again. if i remember correct the B2 version remembered it.
switch

Post by switch »

Nothing in that department has changed. What browser are you using?
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

firefox 3 beta 5
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

I cant explain it but io noticed something today.

it starts updating at 5 secs the bar says, it keeps that way until i do a refresh and enter or click my sab hyperlink for the second time and then it goes tom 2 secs (the old value hidden somewhere).

bwt are the much updates done? the only thing i can see is that the update seems to work now and the avg speed for the whole dloaded file seems to be (more) right now.
And some small thing like adding new options for B4.

edit: ok forget what i said about the working queue info. I have seen it work with another nzb 1 hour agoo, i just added 2 nzb's but the queue doesnt update anymore.
Last edited by nzb_leecher on May 5th, 2008, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbesc

Post by rbesc »

I only see the refresh problem when using either of the dualview modes.
The queue will refresh several times(varying) and then stop updating. The status-speed-queue in the upper right corner continues to work though.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

rbesc wrote: I only see the refresh problem when using either of the dualview modes.
The queue will refresh several times(varying) and then stop updating. The status-speed-queue in the upper right corner continues to work though.
indeed i use the dulaview mode 2. Histoy and queue next to each other