Plush UI for SABnzbd+ 0.5.0

Got a neat new template? Share it here!
morre95

Re: Plush UI for SABnzbd+ 0.5.0

Post by morre95 »

Hi, this is a nice template thanks great job. But i have a problem. When i go to email config page i get this 500 error:

Code: Select all

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 618, in respond
  File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
  File "sabnzbd\interface.pyo", line 2957, in index
  File "_Program_Files__x86__SABnzbd_interfaces_Plush_templates_config_email_tmpl.py", line 167, in respond
NotFound: cannot find 'email_rss'
The same thing happens when i go to the sorting page:

Code: Select all

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 618, in respond
  File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
  File "sabnzbd\interface.pyo", line 2434, in index
  File "_Program_Files__x86__SABnzbd_interfaces_Plush_templates_config_sorting_tmpl.py", line 360, in respond
NotFound: cannot find 'tv_categories'
I run Sabnzbd 0.5.0 on a Windows 7 machine.
Stokkes

Post by Stokkes »

Hey pair of dimes...

Have you fixed the issue (if you were aware of it) where when viewing the details of an individual nzb (where you can select which files are downloaded, delete files, etc.), that the "Range" function does not work at all?

I noticed the smpl skin doesn't offer this function, so I'm assuming you added it. Anyway you could check this out? Really like Plush!
Stokkes

Post by Stokkes »

Mucho thanko  :D
HerrKhosse

Post by HerrKhosse »

I'd like to suggest some "features".

When having entrys in the queue which haven't even startet at all, the "mb. left" Text should not be visible at all and the total size of the entry as a text would be centered.
I think this would really be alot easier on the eye. This could just be accomplished by if (mbtotal = mbleft) {blabla} ?

The other thing would be comas/punctuation in the size display. for example: 15.203 MB instead of 15203 MB.
Altough I really like Plush in terms of ajax, its a bit hard on the eye.

Another thing which I think would be really helpful would be to reduce the height of the entrys in the queue.
For example the drop-down menus, would imho better be made in JS or something, not using the html GUI because its alot overblown in terms of height and don't really fit into the rest of the stylized template.

I think the time left text is also to much, for example the exact date when an entry is finished should be in a tooltip when hovering the actual time in hours left.
The text in the completion-bar should be bigger or another font, its really hard on the eyes reading the amount of total/left Mb, the text "left" is barely visible at all, merging the letters together because of the small size. Bold/Bigger/Different Font?

The last thing would be that the whole GUI shouldn stretch completely. When using a 16:10 Monitor like me and probably most of the people nowadays, the small information which is stated is spread across the whole screen, because all the fields are centered. I think it would be extremely helpful to allow adjusting the horizontal size of the whole thing, restricting the maximum width in the first place or adjusting the elements left instead of centered.

Still I think you did a brilliant job,
Herr Khosse

Edit:
I like the new tooltips, they are alot more responsive, I don't know if it's intended, but the new tooltip don't show when hovering over the total "time left" in the top/middle right beneath the logo. Instead there's the normal Popup.
Last edited by HerrKhosse on May 5th, 2010, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HerrKhosse

Post by HerrKhosse »

Brilliant, am really looking forward to the changes!

pair of dimes wrote:Any other suggestions, let me know, the pickier the better.
Music to my ears :)

pair of dimes wrote:Not really sure what you mean. The padding could be reduced I guess. I don't think I'd want to use some special menu thing with css/js because it would probably be a problem for someone if the select menus were not native to the browser/OS.
pair of dimes wrote:Different font maybe. Really tried to squash it in there. Any specific suggestions?
I actually upped a picture to explain both:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/4159/testrb.png
First, my idead would be to reduce the height of the entrys, now they're about 38px, I think they could be reduced to 25px without any problem.
I see how special menu thingies can cause compability problems, so there's no really way around this.

In the picture the red borders would be the height difference, as said I tried it with about 25px and I think it looked great.
I used Verdana 12pt in the Completion-Bar-Thing with a grey color touch (#606060) and instead of the left-total, right-left display I tried MBNOW/MBTOTAL, centered, which I would really preferr.
Also I made the Completion-Bar-Thing in general wider, I stretched it to exactly 140px width, with the MBNOW/MBTOTAL, the text would fit perfectly into the Bar up to 1000.000 MB entrys

pair of dimes wrote:Agreed it really looks bad in a wide window. I've built an option before that lets you specify width as a percentage. I brought it up to inpheaux and he thought it'd be a stupid option to have in the interface. If you badly want to change it, you can easily do so in the css somewhere. Maybe there could be a min/max sort of option for width, for people who change browser window sizes; then again maybe that's too complicated of a solution.
Hmmm... i'll search for it in the css. I think it would be no problem if you'd restrict the maximum width to certain px or even better imo would be to have a slider at the right which you could drag, adjusting the size in percent OR px (I think percent would actually be better) in realtime, like:
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2113/test3b.png

....aaaannd, as you can see the total time-left, right beneath the logo in the top needs to be a bit wider to fit at least times with hundrets of hours.

The last thing which would come to my mind is to make the RSS Setting Page also refresh-resistant with AJAX, if you manage more RSS Feeds, saving them individually always forces you to scroll around.

Thanks for the support and keep up the great work,
HerrKhosse
Last edited by HerrKhosse on May 6th, 2010, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cucky

Post by cucky »

Hi pair of dimes,

want to say thanks for your good work on plush
and wanted to ask about some improvments if possible.

the situation:
we are using sabnzb on a home server in a multi user enviroment and feed it primary with newzbin
problem is that many new stuff is not in the editor maintained part but via raw search available.
so we have alot of folders wich look like "selected_files_$date-$number" i encourage the users to rename the folders
via webinterface but most of them are to lazy for it ... :D i think it would be a great enhancement and more intuitive to allow renaming
already on the frontpage instead of clicking onto the current job and rename inside the detailed job queue.

if there are any aditions questions, i will try to explain it.

thanks cucky
HerrKhosse

Post by HerrKhosse »

Hey there,

another thing I noticed is that the X minutes paused is a bit problematic.
If you press the "Pause/Resume" Button it instantly shows as red (Paused) and running, which is fine.

But when using the "pause for X mins" from the hover menu, you actually need to reload the whole page to see the change, which takes a bit and of course during the auto refresh + block refresh on queue hover you have to move outside of the queue (remember the scretching over the whole Widescreen display) etc. I think it should instantly display the time counting down and pause image if pressed.

Keep up the great work,
HerrKhosse
HerrKhosse

Post by HerrKhosse »

Okay, it does apply without refreshing but takes some time (~1 Second), probably due to my stuffed queue, it still needs to do somekind of reload I think or something :). Because in comparison, when you press the Pause Button itself it instantly gets red, instead the "pause for X minutes" Buttons need somesort of server-refreshment.
The thing is, I think it would be better if you get an instant reaction that it is paused. Because if you press "pause for 5 minute" for ex. you don't have to wait till it reloads and shows it correctly, SABNZBD pauses the queue instantly on your click. Thats all the user has to do.

Or, you could hide the popup window for pausing if you click an option. So you at least get a response that you clicked it. I think this would be just fine.

Another thing is the whole popup fading in/fading out, I think it looks kinda snazzy but on comparison with the new green tooltips you implemented, everything feels slowed down. I think an option for instant popups would be really helpfull.

Also, popups probably should close instanty after moving the mouse off from them, I think now you have to wait a whole second till they disappear.
The same for example when I type in the Max Speed, after I hit "Return" I think it should close, the same thing as with the pause thingy :), a reaction to a users input IMO is very important, otherwise you are always unsure if you really did anything, so I think whenever you can, informing the User that he did something is crucial :). Of course thats probably the biggest obstacle with the whole user/server synchronisation thing.

Keep up the great work!
HerrKhosse
Last edited by HerrKhosse on May 18th, 2010, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.