Plush - web interface

Got a neat new template? Share it here!
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Plush - web interface

Post by inpheaux »

fusen wrote: any chance we can get the old style plush interface included aswell as the new style?

personally I prefer this old style.
0.3.x Plush is no longer being maintained, If you'd like to take it and make all the necessary updates to make it work with the 8 jillion new features in 0.4.x then nothing's stopping you.
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

pair of dimes wrote: I don't expect this to make much sense, but I thought I'd post it in case anyone cares. This interface is still being worked on!

MAJOR PLUSH UPDATE:
updated readme, javascript libraries & licenses
imported Default's configs (will cleanse for format later)
new: categories config
new: ajax add nzb w/ category (newzbin/url/file)
new: ajax change nzb category (in queue)
removed: "spinbutton" for refresh rate (will become a plain menu)
cleaned up other stuff where possible, including some imagery

TO DO BEFORE RELEASE:
* pending brand new HTML/CSS layout for main/queue/config
* Refresh Rate needs to be select menu
* Queue still needs new options menu thing
* Queue isn't showing active script (slot.script.lower() 500 internal error)
* Queue should not refresh inappropriately
* cleanse Config

(this is all in subversion for SABnzbd 0.4.x)
So is it or isn't it in 0.4?
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

DeXeS wrote: So is it or isn't it in 0.4?
It's in. It's still rough (but usable) in IE7, and we're not totally happy with the centering of the menu in any browser, but it's there.

We're hoping for someone to magically swoop down and fix the centering and ie bugs before 0.4 final.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

the osx version of irc looks very nice. Deos it look the same on the pc version?
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

Nice!
Delirium

Post by Delirium »

I had an idea, don't know if there are more people who'd like this but...
I though if you would make the name of the download a link to 'file:///D|/downloads/downloadname' or wherever your downloads may be... that way you can just click the download and the directory is opened. In IE it even opens it in explorer. FF opens it as some stupid directory view but I think this can be disabled.
I think even some linux file browsers support it.
You could make this configurable...

Just a thought ;)
harris

Post by harris »

Just chiming in to say that I think the new version included in the betas is a step jump in the wrong direction. The old version was spot on and really didn't need any changes. From a user interface point of view, the menu system is not easy to use at all. I shouldn't have to fumble around in a hover-enabled menu just to copy-paste the link to an nzb or postid number from newzbin. If I accidentally move my cursor away from the hover area, it gets fucked up. You should not hide the core functionality in a menu when its so simple. From a design perspective, the fonts are too small, superfluous 'pretty features' (ie free space graph, plush logo, IRC...?) clutter the interface, and the hashed header backgrounds and gradients are completely distracting. Frankly it looks like it belongs as the carbon fiber dashboard of some "pimped out" honda civic with NOS.

Agreeing with the multitude of other posters, I beg you to please port the old version.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

harris wrote:Agreeing with the multitude of other posters, I beg you to please port the old version.
Making the 0.3.x version of plush work with 0.4.x would take nearly as much time as making a brand new theme from scratch. We're not going to do that. If you want to do it, poke around in the template from 0.3.x and start working. If you need guidance someone might be able to give you a laundry-list of stuff you'd need to update to make it work.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

The most beautifull and handy interface for me was that old Nova interface i believe it was called. That sunny looking thing with orange and light blue. But i believe it only works for sab version 2.2 :-)
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

nzb_leecher wrote: The most beautifull and handy interface for me was that old Nova interface i believe it was called. That sunny looking thing with orange and light blue. But i believe it only works for sab version 2.2 :-)
That green blue teletubbie theme  ;D. Ah the good old days  ;).
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

Glad I found this site...  Great job on the software.

Any kind of built in search would be incredible.

Thanks,
ZC
bpwats

Post by bpwats »

Feature request:
"Show in Finder" link in download history item.

Thank you,
Bryan Wats
Delirium

Post by Delirium »

pair of dimes wrote:
bpwats wrote: Feature request:
"Show in Finder" link in download history item.

Thank you,
Bryan Wats
This would require coordination with the OS-specific GUI authors (or maybe SAB, though it would be for localhost). I'm all for it, hopefully someone will step in and provide the hook.
Wouldn't it be easier to just support a link to file://[path to]/[download dir], that way it will probably open in a finder/explorer.
I know FF doesn't work with that but there's probably a way to get FF to not open file:// or directories (or an add-on pherhaps).