User management type of Template, which could differ users from admin...

Got a neat new template? Share it here!
loopdemack

Post by loopdemack »

This template is highly needful, let me explain in few short lines, the most templates are admin only, and its not secure that you give it to your friend or co-worker or your dorm buddy, or even your girlfriend.
First on the most there is a shutdown option, I think that restart is the better function than shutdown, but maybe both could be there.

The second is that any user or friend could unmake some things in the server setup, or newzbin setup.
I think that user only template should have home, for uploading and adding the links, eventually the RSS with get link beside each rss link, queue section and history section. Nothing more, and it would be good that you could have user database not only one, but just one could be for the start enough.

And one more thing about RSS, I think that rss if its included should show links names , without actual links reviled in the status bar, and that downloading  or the saving the links is prohibited, because anyone could see the passkey from the actual link.

This was the main problem with the rss which was used in torrentflux.
And one more thing about rss, its important that it has aggregation, and it should be big like 1000 or more, because some time newzbin could have 500rls in 30 minutes, which means that all old rss were wasted.

And I have one more idea, it would be good if the template could have supersearch tab, like you type in the search , and that you get the list like in altbinz or newsleech, and that you work with the list in a supersearch style, which means that you can select the banded files with smart select, and that you could inject them into the sabnzbd.
And I would also add NZBIndex because its fastest of all. We should do something like altbinz did.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Re: User management type of Template, which could differ users from admin...

Post by inpheaux »

loopdemack wrote:User management type of Template, which could differ users from admin...
I don't believe this is something we could handle at the template level. To do it right we'd need to add proper multi-user authentication support with user-levels. I'm pretty sure that isn't something we're planning on adding any time soon.
loopdemack wrote:The second is that any user or friend could unmake some things in the server setup, or newzbin setup.
. . so tell your friends not to touch the configuration sections? Alternatively, if you set them up with an extension like nzbdStatus they'd never need to hit the web ui at all.
loopdemack wrote:And one more thing about RSS, I think that rss if its included should show links names , without actual links reviled in the status bar, and that downloading or the saving the links is prohibited, because anyone could see the passkey from the actual link. This was the main problem with the rss which was used in torrentflux.
Sorry, what? We've got RSS support, and it's actually quite nice right now. However, for authenticated RSS there's no way for us to really mask the inline authentication info since we can't know what fields are used for every authenticated RSS feed ever. Until some amazing future when we build a full-featured multi-user authentication system with user levels you're going to have to just trust whoever you give access to your install of SABnzbd.
loopdemack wrote:And one more thing about rss, its important that it has aggregation, and it should be big like 1000 or more, because some time newzbin could have 500rls in 30 minutes, which means that all old rss were wasted.
Again, what? I don't think aggregation means what you think it means. Aggregation is when you pull multiple feeds into one centralized location, effectively making one big feed. Technically we already do this, since there's no limit set on RSS. However, there is limiting set on downloading NZBs from Newzbin. Regardless of if they come from RSS or not, Newzbin enforces a hard limit of 5 NZB's per minute. So if on a feed update SABnzbd matches more than five NZBs, it will download the first five, wait a minute, and then download the next five.
loopdemack wrote:And I have one more idea, it would be good if the template could have supersearch tab, like you type in the search , and that you get the list like in altbinz or newsleech, and that you work with the list in a supersearch style, which means that you can select the banded files with smart select, and that you could inject them into the sabnzbd.
And I would also add NZBIndex because its fastest of all. We should do something like altbinz did.
I don't recall the exact party line on this, but I believe last time the subject of tight integration with various usenet search engines - specifically adding search features directly to SABnzbd - would be getting us farther away from the semi-comfortable legal grey area. Furthermore, you'd run into problems of how you'd actually do that. Do you expect us to run a search on those sites, manually scrape and reformat results, and then display them for you? Scraping both Isn't Fun (since it can be EASILY thrown off by minor changes to the sites in question) and can be considered abuse since it would get rid of any advertising provided by the indexing sites in question.

The reason we have the level of integration with Newzbin that we do is because the Newzbin crew is nice enough to have an API for developers to work with. As best I can tell, none of the other "big" indexing sites like alt.binaries.nl, binsearch.info, nzbindex, etc offer any kind of API for us to work with. If they're not going to give us an API we have to assume they don't want us trying to directly interface SABnzbd with their services.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

loopdemack wrote: the most templates are admin only, and its not secure that you give it to your friend or co-worker or your dorm buddy, or even your girlfriend.
First on the most there is a shutdown option, I think that restart is the better function than shutdown, but maybe both could be there.
There's a very crude protection now. If you put "config_lock=1" in the [misc] section of sabnzbd.ini, all config screens are locked.
It does not prevent shutdown, but that could be added too.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Or you can just edit your php files.

For example name config something else , or remove the link from the index page