Deobfuscation

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
spaceboy

Deobfuscation

Post by spaceboy »

Hi,

After installing and trying out the new deobfuscation setting, can i assume this in only intended to help with single file downloads, i.e., one episode or one movie, and will be of no use with series packs? Which would be a shame as i never had any issue with single file downloads, despite the obfuscated file name Sonarr and Radarr always handled these correctly. i was looking for some help with decoding the many series packs i seem to be receiving lately.

thanks
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Deobfuscation

Post by safihre »

We can't help those. How would we know the names of the files? If they included some way to know what file is what..
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
spaceboy

Post by spaceboy »

Cool no worries. Just makes me wonder what is the point of those series packs? Surely some users must be able to decode them otherwise who are they being supplied for?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Good question.. Maybe there is some identification files in there? Sfv, or par2 or maybe even a txt file?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

spaceboy, can you share such a NZB?
DaBunny

Post by DaBunny »

packs are done, 01-XX and you can tell by the date/hour/minute/second on the file time created; 01 is often the first file time created in the series, 02 is created 20minutes after that, 03 another 20 after that. That's the -only- easy way to tell. add a pass for series/packs that takes into account time created and then step through it logically that way, downside is if you stuff all the seasons into 1 pack, there is no way to tell but at least you've got a consistent name/number order that goes by date created. Not everything goes by that rule tho.