NZB Download Deluxe

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
dynup

Re: NZB Download Deluxe

Post by dynup »

ChangeLog ...?

Code: Select all

2012-05-01 Kai Heitkamp <[email protected]>
 Version 1.1
  New Features:
   * Multi platform installer InstallBuilder as default
   * Integrated update with version check and download
   * Poll timeout for receiving api key
   * Progress bar on Mac OS X improved
   * Platform independence improved
   * Watch clipboard
   * Add nzbs by url and newzbin id
   * Support for remote SABnzbd server
   * SABnzbd force disconnect, repair, restart and shutdown
   * Orphaned downloads (list, resend to queue, remove)
   * Log
  Fixes:
   * First start
   * Requests data from SABnzbd first, than update timer starts
DxGamer

Post by DxGamer »

Very cool program, keep up the good work :) There is one thing that bugs me though, if I set a speed limit, I get an error saying "Cannot set speed limit!" ,it still sets the correct limit.
Linux is like a wigwam: No windows. No gates. Apache inside.
dynup

Post by dynup »

Thanks! ...I'll check this with speed limit, thanks for your feedback!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

1.1: Cannot add a NZB

Post by sander »

I just installed NZB-DD version 1.1 on a Windows 7 system. FWIW: I installed as a normal user into a user directory; I'm glas that that is possible and no admin rights are needed. My compliments!

When I start it up, it asks if I want to use a remote server, which is not the case; SAB is running locally (as a service). NZB-DD then shows the download history, so that's good.
However, when I click Add NZB, I get a popup saying "Local NZB files can be added to a locally running SABnzbd server only!", and I cannot add a NZB. :-(

FWIW: Settings -> tab SABnzbd is almost empty.

So, two remarks:
The error message is not correct as the SABnzbd server is running locally.
Why would it not be possible to add an NZB to a remotely running SABnzbd? SAB offers an API for that.

EDIT:

Found the cause: my "SABnzbd Host" setting is "::". That apparantly confuses SAB-DD; after changing it to "localhost"", I can add a NZB.

I would say SAB-DD should understand "::" as local.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

1.1: how to change to remote server?

Post by sander »

In NZBd 1.1, how can I switch to a remote server? I tried to change settings in Settings -> tab SABnzbd, but that doesn't help much.

EDIT: hmmm, after a restart, the fields were empty. After filling out the username/password to the remote server, NZBdd is in.

A bit confusing process, but it works.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

NZBdd 1.1 on Linux

Post by sander »

Hi, a few remarks on NZBdd 1.1 on Linux:

Is there a NZBdd-1.1-Linux.tar.bz2 like there is a NZBdd-1.0-Linux.tar.bz2?
The PPA is still on version 1.0
n2k

Post by n2k »

Just installed it, and first impression is really good ;D

I've a couple of remarks though, if you don't mind (using NZBdd incombination with SABnzbd 0.6.15)
When first starting the program it did not have any settings imported/read from SABnzbd, all fields were either empty or had some default value in them, this was confusing and might introduce problems when saving these settings.

The cleanup setting doesn't have comma's separating them, so for example the clean list is "sfv, nzb, ssr" then the settings in NZBdd shows that as "sfvnzbssr".

I had a pretty large finished download list (over 2000) and the program imported that nicely but while having the queue page active it was freezing every couple of seconds, which made it really hard to navigate. After I cleared my finished downloads its working fine again.

I cannot seem to pause/unpause individual downloads (only the whole queue), or adjust the order of the queue, am I missing something?

I would like to drag-select downloads in the any of the lists for easy multiple download management.

A way to put the NZBdd to tray would be awesome :)

Thanks for the simple and clean GUI, like it!

edit:
After using it a couple of days, I've experienced a bit too much crashes over time which makes this unusable as a full replacement for the Plush web UI in its current state. :-[
alz123

Post by alz123 »

hi

i have d/loaded this but does not appear to run on OSX LION 10.7.4 after install

cheers
alan
dynup

Post by dynup »

sander wrote:So, two remarks:
The error message is not correct as the SABnzbd server is running locally.
Why would it not be possible to add an NZB to a remotely running SABnzbd? SAB offers an API for that.
I could not add remote nzbs to a locally running sabnzbd server! But I will check this agian!
sander wrote:FWIW: Settings -> tab SABnzbd is almost empty.
Is the sabnzbd server running? Are the buttons in tool bar enabled and see you your download queue/history?
sander wrote:Found the cause: my "SABnzbd Host" setting is "::". That apparantly confuses SAB-DD; after changing it to "localhost"", I can add a NZB.

I would say SAB-DD should understand "::" as local.
Sorry, I cannot reproduce this problem!
sander wrote:In NZBd 1.1, how can I switch to a remote server? I tried to change settings in Settings -> tab SABnzbd, but that doesn't help much.

EDIT: hmmm, after a restart, the fields were empty. After filling out the username/password to the remote server, NZBdd is in.

A bit confusing process, but it works.
I will integrate a method to switch to remote server (or toggle local/remote) in next version!
sander wrote:Is there a NZBdd-1.1-Linux.tar.bz2 like there is a NZBdd-1.0-Linux.tar.bz2?
The PPA is still on version 1.0
Sorry? The PPA will not updated in the future, will deleted soon! Installer only since v1.1!
dynup

Post by dynup »

n2k wrote:The cleanup setting doesn't have comma's separating them, so for example the clean list is "sfv, nzb, ssr" then the settings in NZBdd shows that as "sfvnzbssr".
Sorry? I don't understand what you mean!
n2k wrote:I had a pretty large finished download list (over 2000) and the program imported that nicely but while having the queue page active it was freezing every couple of seconds, which made it really hard to navigate. After I cleared my finished downloads its working fine again.
I've not tested it with so many downloads! I've max. 20 downloads, all ok!
n2k wrote:I cannot seem to pause/unpause individual downloads (only the whole queue), or adjust the order of the queue, am I missing something?
Context popup menu with functions for individual download is planned for next version!
n2k wrote:I would like to drag-select downloads in the any of the lists for easy multiple download management.
What you mean?
n2k wrote:A way to put the NZBdd to tray would be awesome :)
I'll check it!
n2k wrote:After using it a couple of days, I've experienced a bit too much crashes over time which makes this unusable as a full replacement for the Plush web UI in its current state. :-[
Do you have any error messages or outputs about the crash? Try to start NZBdd in a terminal, to see the outputs!
dynup

Post by dynup »

alz123 wrote:i have d/loaded this but does not appear to run on OSX LION 10.7.4 after install
Sorry, I cannot test it with Lion! ...my Mac is an old G5 (ppc), 10.5 max!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Could you provide a NZBdd-1.1-Linux.tar.bz2 like there is a NZBdd-1.0-Linux.tar.bz2? I prefer a file that I just can unpack into a test directory, instead of running an installer or installing a .deb file somewhere onto my system.
dynup

Post by dynup »

You can compress the directory of installed NZBdd!?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

dynup wrote:You can compress the directory of installed NZBdd!?
Is this a follow-up to my question? If so, I don't understand it ...
dynup

Post by dynup »

Yes, when you have installed NZBdd 1.1, than you could compress the directory to a .tar.bz2!