[Android] SabCommand app (in development)

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
napauleon

[Android] SabCommand app (in development)

Post by napauleon »

Hi guys,

I'm a huge fan of Sabnzbd and programming on the Android platform and therefore I created an app to monitor and control Sabnzbd. The integrated search interfaces offers a way to quickly search (nzbindex for now) and add nzbs to Sabnzbd.
The app is a native Android app conforming to all the latest official Android guidelines. The app runs on Android 2.2 and higher, but the interface conforms to the Ice Cream Sandwich standards (light UI, action bar and so on).
It's also optimized for tablet use (tested on Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1). The tablet ui differs from the ui on the phone to use the screen in the most optimal way.

The sources will be available in Github soon.
Please let me know what you think of the app so far. All feedback is welcome!
If you like to test the app, please let me know. I'll create an apk file for you. I'll upload it to Google Play if you guys think it's worth it.
I'm also looking for a good title for the app!

Tablet landscape downloading view

Tablet portrait downloading view

Tablet search view

Smartphone portrait view
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [Android] SabCommand app (in development)

Post by nomar383 »

It seems our apps share the same name! :)
napauleon

Post by napauleon »

Don't worry, it's just a working title. Still looking for a good name.
Devante

Post by Devante »

napauleon wrote:Hi guys,

I'm a huge fan of Sabnzbd and programming on the Android platform and therefore I created an app to monitor and control Sabnzbd. The integrated search interfaces offers a way to quickly search (nzbindex for now) and add nzbs to Sabnzbd.
The app is a native Android app conforming to all the latest official Android guidelines. The app runs on Android tablets and higher, but the interface conforms to the Ice Cream Sandwich standards (light UI, action bar and so on).
It's also optimized for tablet use (tested on Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1). The tablet ui differs from the ui on the phone to use the screen in the most optimal way.

The sources will be available in Github soon.
Please let me know what you think of the app so far. All feedback is welcome!
If you like to test the app, please let me know. I'll create an apk file for you. I'll upload it to Google Play if you guys think it's worth it.
I'm also looking for a good title for the app!

Tablet landscape downloading view

Tablet portrait downloading view

Tablet search view

Smartphone portrait view
I have an Ubuntu system and I want to create an App for Android phones but I really wanted some advice from any developers or people who have tried creating apps before.