[Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
mikeyj

Re: [Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Post by mikeyj »

bendster wrote:Hey Kevin,

LOVE this app...always using it. I just had one issue and its with regards to the sickbeard portion. Only some of my shows cover art will appear in the app but several still show the default sickbeard image. The covers do appear in sickbeard...I have tried a few different things but still no good. Any idea?

(Sorry if this has been answered already I searched and couldn't locate anything on it.) ;D
@bendster

What are actual filenames of the images that won't show compared to those that do? Are they banners or posters?

Mike
technazz

Post by technazz »

I used SabSheep and it can display over way over 50 deep but only displays 25 at a time Does the API only you let you request 50 at a time? Can't you cache the original 50 locally and request 50 more?

Technazz
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

bendster wrote:Hey Kevin,

LOVE this app...always using it. I just had one issue and its with regards to the sickbeard portion. Only some of my shows cover art will appear in the app but several still show the default sickbeard image. The covers do appear in sickbeard...I have tried a few different things but still no good. Any idea?

(Sorry if this has been answered already I searched and couldn't locate anything on it.) ;D
Hmmm. This could be a bug. Hitting the refresh button within NZB 360 does not solve the issue?
Developer of NZB 360 on Android
Check out NZB 360.com
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

technazz wrote:I used SabSheep and it can display over way over 50 deep but only displays 25 at a time Does the API only you let you request 50 at a time? Can't you cache the original 50 locally and request 50 more?

Technazz
I reverse engineered SabSheep to figure out how it was getting around the 50 limit, and found they are scraping and storing NZBMatrix's info on their own servers. This is against their ToS, so I don't want to go that route.

However, I am implementing some sorting/filtering features within NZBMatrix to make the 50 returned results much better.
Check out NZB 360.com
technazz

Post by technazz »

Kev1000000 wrote:
technazz wrote:I used SabSheep and it can display over way over 50 deep but only displays 25 at a time Does the API only you let you request 50 at a time? Can't you cache the original 50 locally and request 50 more?

Technazz
I reverse engineered SabSheep to figure out how it was getting around the 50 limit, and found they are scraping and storing NZBMatrix's info on their own servers. This is against their ToS, so I don't want to go that route.

However, I am implementing some sorting/filtering features within NZBMatrix to make the 50 returned results much better.

But you should be able to request the next 50 then discard the previous 50. This is a must if I want to browse a category that i haven't browsed in a week or so. The filtering will help though.

Btw: I did purchase and its a nice looking app.
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

technazz wrote:But you should be able to request the next 50 then discard the previous 50. This is a must if I want to browse a category that i haven't browsed in a week or so. The filtering will help though.

Btw: I did purchase and its a nice looking app.
They don't support pagination like that, unfortunately. I can't ask for the "next" 50, because there is literally only 50 results. You also only get 100 requests per hour. I am doing a lot of trickery behind the scenes by combining RSS feeds and the API to try and minimize the amount of times I have to use the API, so that you can do way more than 100 requests an hour without hitting that limit.

Their API is horribly limiting. I've done all I can to minimize the problems on the user's end.
Check out NZB 360.com
technazz

Post by technazz »

Thanks for the info. I emailed NzbMatrix about this API issue and I haven't heard back. They have to have a reason for it, server load, advertising ect..

Technazz
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Yeah, they most likely have it to make sure people don't abuse their servers with a ton of requests. I just wish they could give out "app" keys that allowed much more functionality, but was more closely monitored for abuse.
Check out NZB 360.com
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Just wanted to let everyone know that CouchPotato support is coming along nicely. Backend API parsing is written. Time to start the UI... =)
Check out NZB 360.com
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

They should have it so that paid VIP users have increased limits.

If VIP users get increased retention rates and increase downloads per day, then why not increased API limits?
castortray

Post by castortray »

Do you have lite free version with adds of NZB 360 for android ?
I want to test it before I buy it, as many apps for remote control sabnzbd has some problems with the newest 0.7.4 version.
and I want to see how it looks on SG3 in real

thanks in advance
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Castor, I do not currently have a free/lite version, as I want to focus all of my efforts towards the paid version, bringing even as many features as I can. There is a 15 minute return window if you would like to test run the application. I realize 15 minutes is a bit short, but that is out of my control. I did respond to your email, however, with some alternative options.
Check out NZB 360.com
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

Just bought this app, slick interface!
Any hope of bringing www.nzbs.org support?
I almost puked having to sign up for nzbmatrix, that site is like stepping into the previous decade :P
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

huleboeren wrote:Just bought this app, slick interface!
Any hope of bringing http://www.nzbs.org support?
I almost puked having to sign up for nzbmatrix, that site is like stepping into the previous decade :P
Haha, I really like nzbs.org, so after CP and Headphones, consider it added =)
Check out NZB 360.com
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

Sweet! Looking forward to that :-)
Also having trouble getting WOL to work on my wifi, it's enabled in bios, now I am going to check windowsif something nneeds to be enabled there as well..

EDIT::
damnit, nothing seems to work - I have checked the internal ip and macID is correct, bios settings are enabled for WOL. I enabled everything in windows 7 power management and on the ethernetcard(realtek) itself.
Even tried turning off "green ethernet" and "shutdown wake-on-lan" but that did not do the trick either.

Guess Ill try again when I pull myself together to install windows 8..