[Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Kev1000000

Re: [Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Post by Kev1000000 »

Remember not to use the IP of the PC, but the broadcast address of your subnet. This is usually the IP address of your PC, with the exception of the last number being 255.
Developer of NZB 360 on Android
Check out NZB 360.com
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

Ahh now I feel stupid for not reading the in-app instructions. I was under the impression that the IP was the identifier but now I understand why the mac ID was needed. Its working perfectly -Thanks for the help!
Will there ever be a chance of this working to the outside internet if the router supports it?
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

huleboeren wrote:Ahh now I feel stupid for not reading the in-app instructions. I was under the impression that the IP was the identifier but now I understand why the mac ID was needed. Its working perfectly -Thanks for the help!
Will there ever be a chance of this working to the outside internet if the router supports it?
Awesome, I am glad that was the issue.

If you point me to a router that supports WOL through some external command, I would be happy to look into adding support for it.
Check out NZB 360.com
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

Hmm, if I connect my phone and router through the same VPN would it be possible then?
Disclaimer: I dont know much about WOL nor VPN :P

Also, small UI nitpick - why are the bottom buttons (refresh / speed limit) not using the holo bars as well? ala gmail, gmaps and so on.
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

huleboeren wrote:Hmm, if I connect my phone and router through the same VPN would it be possible then?
Disclaimer: I dont know much about WOL nor VPN :P

Also, small UI nitpick - why are the bottom buttons (refresh / speed limit) not using the holo bars as well? ala gmail, gmaps and so on.
If you connect through VPN, then yes, it should work.

As for the buttons at the bottom, because there are only two, and you hit them often, I wanted them to be big and easy to hit. I do agree they feel a little out of place though (aesthetically), and plan to refine them a bit to feel more holo-y.
Check out NZB 360.com
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

Yeah I see what you are saying. They just feel so gingerbreadish.
Do you have any plans for a in-app browser window? so you can goto whatever nzb site, download a nzb and perhaps nzb360 intercepts it and adds it automagically?
Is that even possible with android?

I see theres a in-app browser(if that is what you call it in) inside the NZBmatrix functionality of the app for imdb, comments etc.

What are your planned features for the future besides CP and nzbsdotorg? :)
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

huleboeren wrote:Yeah I see what you are saying. They just feel so gingerbreadish.
Do you have any plans for a in-app browser window? so you can goto whatever nzb site, download a nzb and perhaps nzb360 intercepts it and adds it automagically?
Is that even possible with android?

I see theres a in-app browser(if that is what you call it in) inside the NZBmatrix functionality of the app for imdb, comments etc.

What are your planned features for the future besides CP and nzbsdotorg? :)
Well, NZB 360 already associates itself with .nzb files, so you can already go to any website and download an NZB and add it through NZB 360 very easily.

I have an enormous amount of planned features. I am focusing on getting support for the different services in right now, but I plan to go back and really refine each experience. My entire goal with NZB 360 is to make the best damn NZB manager possible. That means feature-rich, beautiful, and fast.

Your $2.99 will go a long way, I can promise you that ;)
Check out NZB 360.com
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

Ahh I see, I tried downloading a nzb from nzbsdotorg through the stock browser and then clicking that nzb file, in the notification dropdown, when the download was completed - but it just disappeared and nothing happened.
But nice to see the file association is already there, I guess android is to blame for not launching files properly through the notification dropdown.

Regarding the bottom bar, again, perhaps you could move the speed limiter to open upon clicking the speed in the topbar? As we are somewhat familiar with in the Plush theme of SABnzbd.

No worries, I am already a happy customer - looking forward for future developments :)
Can't wait to upgrade my computer next year so I can have both SABnzbd, couchpotato and sickbeard running at the same time. I use SABnzbd on my primary desktop computer and feel that having all three programs running in the background to be too much with just 4GB of ram - considering I also play videogames and am not in the mood for having to turn them on and off.
Then I can finally take full advantage of NZB 360!
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

Just a suggestion, when under NZBmatrix mode, it would be cool if you could set the category when sending to sabnzbd.

Normally, i would would have to do Send to Sabnzbd, switch over to sabnzbd mode, and then change the category manually while it's downloading.

For Example, when choosing an nzb to send, the pop up menu would look something like this:

-Send to Sanzbd (Default)
-Send to Sanzbd (Category - TV)
-Send to Sanzbd (Category - Movies)
-Send to Sanzbd (Category - Apps)
-Send to Sanzbd (Category - Games)
-Add to bookmark

Or just take out the 'category' and use only the category name in paranthesis

-Send to Sanzbd (TV)
-Send to Sanzbd (Movies)
-Send to Sanzbd (Apps)
-Send to Sanzbd (Games)
-Add to bookmark
hans234567

Post by hans234567 »

Kev1000000 wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know that CouchPotato support is coming along nicely. Backend API parsing is written. Time to start the UI... =)
I really like your app. Looking forward to the CP support ;D

edit: I've had a few crashes when using it on my nexus 7. I can't tell you when it happens exactly but I guess it has something to do with the app no longer being in memory and starting the show detail activity. It's not a big problem but it would be nice if you can fix it.
Logcat: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=PLXMbRDx
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Thank you, Hans. I have fixed this issue, and it will be included in the next update.
Check out NZB 360.com
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

mkygod wrote:Just a suggestion, when under NZBmatrix mode, it would be cool if you could set the category when sending to sabnzbd.

Normally, i would would have to do Send to Sabnzbd, switch over to sabnzbd mode, and then change the category manually while it's downloading.

For Example, when choosing an nzb to send, the pop up menu would look something like this:

-Send to Sanzbd (Category - TV)
-Send to Sanzbd (Category - Movies)
-Send to Sanzbd (Category - Apps)
-Send to Sanzbd (Category - Games)
-Add to bookmark

Or just take out the 'category' and use only the category name in paranthesis

-Send to Sanzbd (TV)
-Send to Sanzbd (Movies)
-Send to Sanzbd (Apps)
-Send to Sanzbd (Games)
-Add to bookmark
I like this idea. A lot. Not sure when I can get to it, but I will add it in a future update.

Thanks!
Check out NZB 360.com
hans234567

Post by hans234567 »

Kev1000000 wrote:Thank you, Hans. I have fixed this issue, and it will be included in the next update.
That was fast, thanks.
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

Any plans on having a widget for it?

I'm also a big fan of seriesguide, which has a widget that displays a scrollable list of upcoming TV shows and its date/time/channel. The only feature I wish it had was the ability to connect and display upcoming shows in my Sickbeard tv shows list. If NZB360 had this, it would be pretty awesome. And with future Couchpotato and Headphones support, it could also have Upcoming movies, Album release dates, and Tv shows in single scrollable list right on your Android homescreen. I think this feature would be enough to warrant its own app which would be cool because then you can use it as a companion app for any nzb program. But If implemented with NZB360, it would be also be cool because I don't have to go and buy another app.

Even if it doesn't become a widget, there could be just a one convenient section or page within NZB360 that could display this same information. That way, I don't have to switch modes (between sickbeard. CP, headphones) to see a list of all my upcoming things. I assume this is all possible because you're already able to cull the data through the API and so it is only a matter of putting the information onto 1 page. Maybe its not as simple as that, but just a thought.
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

mkygod wrote:Any plans on having a widget for it?

I'm also a big fan of seriesguide, which has a widget that displays a scrollable list of upcoming TV shows and its date/time/channel. The only feature I wish it had was the ability to connect and display upcoming shows in my Sickbeard tv shows list. If NZB360 had this, it would be pretty awesome. And with future Couchpotato and Headphones support, it could also have Upcoming movies, Album release dates, and Tv shows in single scrollable list right on your Android homescreen. I think this feature would be enough to warrant its own app which would be cool because then you can use it as a companion app for any nzb program. But If implemented with NZB360, it would be also be cool because I don't have to go and buy another app.

Even if it doesn't become a widget, there could be just a one convenient section or page within NZB360 that could display this same information. That way, I don't have to switch modes (between sickbeard. CP, headphones) to see a list of all my upcoming things. I assume this is all possible because you're already able to cull the data through the API and so it is only a matter of putting the information onto 1 page. Maybe its not as simple as that, but just a thought.
A widget is definitely on my list, and I love this idea of displaying this type of information. Consider this added.

Unfortunately, people are leaving < 5* reviews for the lack of CP support, so my current focus is knocking that out, but once all of the services are in, I will go back and add these nice additions.

Thanks for the input!
Check out NZB 360.com