[Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
mkygod

Re: [Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Post by mkygod »

Really glad to see that you're on the ball. 1 months time is not that long for me since much of my content is already taken care of on the CP/Sickbeard side. I currently use NZBs.in and NZB.su myself.

I really hope the newznab integration works out, even if it is not as pretty as nzbmatrix.
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Made some very good progress tonight. One good thing to come of this is... we now have a larger limit than 50 for results ;)
Developer of NZB 360 on Android
Check out NZB 360.com
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

Excellent work so far.

Would this work well on a 10.1 tablet?
castortray

Post by castortray »

Hi Kev1000000,

Can you please explain me how Missed tab for SickBeard should work ?
Because now I can't see missed episodes but I know that I have few of them.

Missed status is then when episoded has been snatched but not downloaded yet (because of some errors like: "Failed - Repair failed, not wnough repair blocks..." ) ?

History from SB

I think those two episodes should be listed as Missed.

Thanks and Regards
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

Missed just means that an episode has already aired, but Sickbeard was unable to find a result for it from one of your search providers.

If your Sickbeard was able to Snatch it, then that means it was able to find it and it will not show up in the Missed section.

From what I understand, Sickbeard is only responsible for the snatching of the episode (meaning it found and sent the nzb to sabnzbd for download). Sickbeard has fulfilled its duty at this point after it hands it off to SABNZBD. Whether SABNZBD is able to download and extract the episode successfully or not does factor into an episode being counted as missed by Sickbeard.

SB doesn't know whether there are any issues with the downloaded episode.
Last edited by mkygod on December 12th, 2012, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
castortray

Post by castortray »

mkygod wrote:Missed just means that an episode has already aired, but Sickbeard was unable to find a result for it from one of your search providers.

If your Sickbeard was able to Snatch it, then that means it was able to find it and it will not show up in the Missed section.
thanks for prompt response, now it's more clear,
But in my opinion will be good to have in Missed tab all episoded which are snatched but not downloaded, this will help us to find what is really missed in our database.
because it's doesn't matter:
- if episodes was aired and SB couldn't find it
- eposide was aired and SB snatched it but not downloaded by any download manager

summarizing, episoded is still missed, we don't have it :)
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

Yeah I understand what you mean. The problem is the lack of communication between the Sickbeard and SABNZBD and is a drawback of having 2 separate services instead of a single one that takes care of finding and downloading shows. The API doesn't allow Sickbeard to know if there are problems with the download. As far as Sickbeard knows, the file is still being downloaded by SABNZBD.

But this is a Sickbeard issue and should be addressed in their forums. NZB360 is only reporting information that Sickbeard gives it.
castortray

Post by castortray »

mkygod wrote:Yeah I understand what you mean. The problem is the lack of communication between the Sickbeard and SABNZBD and is a drawback of having 2 separate services instead of a single one that takes care of finding and downloading shows. The API doesn't allow Sickbeard to know if there are problems with the download. As far as Sickbeard knows, the file is still being downloaded by SABNZBD.

But this is a Sickbeard issue and should be addressed in their forums. NZB360 is only reporting information that Sickbeard gives it.
yes that's true, but anyway we are able to check directly in SB status of episode if it's only snatched or has been snatched and download.
We have this informatin in History section

and in details for each season

and in this case I think we can can assume that those snatched episodes are missed until their status will changed to downloaded

What do you think about that ?
Based on that statuses from SB we can verify which episodes are missed and this will help us to easily find episodes with errors in Sabnzbd
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Mrkennedy wrote:Excellent work so far.

Would this work well on a 10.1 tablet?
I don't have a 10.1 to test on, but I designed NZB 360 to scale nicely to all resolutions. I can confidently say you will enjoy it on a 10.1.
Check out NZB 360.com
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

castortray wrote:
What do you think about that ?
Based on that statuses from SB we can verify which episodes are missed and this will help us to easily find episodes with errors in Sabnzbd
While i really do think that all this info should be posted in Sickbeard forums (don't want to hijack this thread), I will say that your definition of missed probably is not the same as what Sickbeard considers missed. Your definition of missed means that you don't have the video file. Sickbeards definition of missed means it wasn't able to find and fetch the nzb file. In the episode listings, you should consider "Snatch" as the wait-state that it is on until it detects that video file is there. All it can do is wait until SABNZBD does its thing. If Sab doesnt finish, then it will be forever be in the Snatched wait-state. SB considers it 'snatched' because it already did its job and calling it 'missed' implies that it didnt.
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Castor,

As Mkygod mentioned, the SB api does have a flag to give me all "missed" episodes. Those missed episodes are the ones that show up in my "Missed" tab. With my setup, all of my items that SB finds are labeled as "Snatched" and they never change to "Downloaded." In this case, my entire library would be "missed."

I can possibly have a setting with SB to label all "Snatched" episodes as missed, but it will be a bit because of my focus on Newznab integration.
Check out NZB 360.com
castortray

Post by castortray »

Kev1000000 wrote:Castor,

As Mkygod mentioned, the SB api does have a flag to give me all "missed" episodes. Those missed episodes are the ones that show up in my "Missed" tab. With my setup, all of my items that SB finds are labeled as "Snatched" and they never change to "Downloaded." In this case, my entire library would be "missed."

I can possibly have a setting with SB to label all "Snatched" episodes as missed, but it will be a bit because of my focus on Newznab integration.
ok I understand, thank you guys :)
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Quick update...

Things are developing at a faster pace than I expected. I am leaning more towards pushing a less-polished version quickly, rather than trying to get all of the polish I want in. I assume most people just want functionality, and not polish, for the time being, as the lack of any search is rough.

I should have an update out with Newznab support by the end of the week.

Stay tuned! =)
Check out NZB 360.com
danfozzy

Post by danfozzy »

The file naming nzb association is still duff, just tried a file again from nzbs.org name with the full stops separating the words and nzb360 wont associate with it

Also still cant add to nzb queue yet I can if going through the browser
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

One feature i wish i had today was the ability in edit settings for existing TV shows (w/o having to re-add them). I needed to change the quality for one of the shows and had to use my internet browser to do it instead of nzb360. Preferably, I'd like to be able to press and hold on the show thumbnail and a context menu will pop up with with edit, pause, resume, remove, and force full update.