[Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Kev1000000

Re: [Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Post by Kev1000000 »

dirtymurt wrote:this is working great with nzb.su but I cannot pull any results through with nzbzombie.com and another private one I use. Both sites are newznab. Any idea why this may be?
What are you entering for the host with NZBZombie.com?
Developer of NZB 360 on Android
Check out NZB 360.com
RKM

Post by RKM »

Hi Kevin,
I just purchased/installed nzb360 and have to say you've done an amazing job with the UI.

I've tested all clients and I think yours is the best looking UI. With that said, there are some things I like better in NZB Unity and some I like in MediaDog (mainly the automatic API-key grabber, which really makes setup a lot easier).

Have you ever considered having a swipe UI for moving between the servers (sab, CP, SB) rather than just moving between the tabs of each server? The reason I ask, I find it a lot quicker to either have a swipe-out sidebar (Yatse for XBMC is the best implementation of this) or swipe-to-select across the entire UI rather than the tabs only. Using the current top-corner drop-down requires a little more precision, more along the lines of desktop UI design.

BTW - is there any way to get IMDB or trailer info through the CP API? One feature that would be amazing would be the ability to link to IMDB or play a trailer when viewing the CP movies in the 360 UI.

Thanks again for writing such a great, well-polished tool!
RKM
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

RKM wrote:Hi Kevin,
I just purchased/installed nzb360 and have to say you've done an amazing job with the UI.

I've tested all clients and I think yours is the best looking UI. With that said, there are some things I like better in NZB Unity and some I like in MediaDog (mainly the automatic API-key grabber, which really makes setup a lot easier).

Have you ever considered having a swipe UI for moving between the servers (sab, CP, SB) rather than just moving between the tabs of each server? The reason I ask, I find it a lot quicker to either have a swipe-out sidebar (Yatse for XBMC is the best implementation of this) or swipe-to-select across the entire UI rather than the tabs only. Using the current top-corner drop-down requires a little more precision, more along the lines of desktop UI design.

BTW - is there any way to get IMDB or trailer info through the CP API? One feature that would be amazing would be the ability to link to IMDB or play a trailer when viewing the CP movies in the 360 UI.

Thanks again for writing such a great, well-polished tool!
RKM
Auto api key retrieval is in the works, but I always seem to prioritize new features you will use constantly over a one time hassle feature, if that makes sense. Once you have the api keys copy/pasted into their fields, you no longer have to worry about them.

I am little confused about what you're recommending. I have considered the swipe out menu to switch services, but I use a lot of horiztonal swiping within each service (tabs like Airing soon, shows, missed, wanted, queue, history, etc). You can't have those horizontal tabs AND a slide out menu, because their interactions conflict. I also am not the biggest fan of my menu dropdown UI, which is why I added the volume rocker service switch. Makes it very easy to switch services with one click.

I do plan to better integrate IMDb info/trailers into CP. Just have a few things in front of the todo list before I get to that.

With that said, v5.2.1 is due out tonight, with many enhancements and bug fixes. In fact, a long awaited and requested enhancement is bundled in v5.2.1. Stay tuned =)
Check out NZB 360.com
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Just submitted v5.2.1 to the store. Should be available shortly.

Version 5.2.1
  • ENHANCEMENT: Now supports HTTP Authorization for each service. Simply use the user:pass@host format when entering in your IP/Host information.
  • ENHANCEMENT: Season and episode numbers are now listed for "Missed" episodes in Sick Beard.
  • ENHANCEMENT: The date of history items within SABnzbd will now show blue if downloaded within the last week.
  • ENHANCEMENT: Improved scrolling performance within CouchPotato.
  • BUG FIX: Fixed duplicate image problem within Sick Beard.
Check out NZB 360.com
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

These are some suggestsions I still have for the SIckbeard section, some are repeats of suggestions i've made a few months back:

Touch/hold context menu behavior for TV shows similar to the way you have it for Couchpotato with menu options:
- Start/pause show
- Remove show
- Edit show quality settings (currently, there is no way I know of to edit tv show quality in nzb360)

Currently, the Airing and Missed section is very static (displays information only, no interaction). Would be nice if I could touch on an airing/missed show and it will open up the episode listing.
The touch/hold context menu behavior should also extend to these sections as well. Would be cool to be able to use this context menu to force search these airing/missed shows as well. Otherwise, it would take me several steps to find my show, pick the season, and pick the lastest episode to force search.

And finaly, I would like the ability to choose HD or SD preset settings for shows in addition the Custom setting you already have for sickbeard.
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

mkygod wrote:These are some suggestsions I still have for the SIckbeard section, some are repeats of suggestions i've made a few months back:

Touch/hold context menu behavior for TV shows similar to the way you have it for Couchpotato with menu options:
- Start/pause show
- Remove show
- Edit show quality settings (currently, there is no way I know of to edit tv show quality in nzb360)

Currently, the Airing and Missed section is very static (displays information only, no interaction). Would be nice if I could touch on an airing/missed show and it will open up the episode listing.
The touch/hold context menu behavior should also extend to these sections as well. Would be cool to be able to use this context menu to force search these airing/missed shows as well. Otherwise, it would take me several steps to find my show, pick the season, and pick the lastest episode to force search.

And finaly, I would like the ability to choose HD or SD preset settings for shows in addition the Custom setting you already have for sickbeard.
I still plan to go back and add these features to Sick Beard. They were all lined up until NZBMatrix decided to go under =(

However, the SB section does allow you to force search episodes already within the missed and airing soon tabs. For Missed, it's always enabled, but for airing soon, you have to enable it in the settings of Sick Beard. Just tap the magnifying glass to force search an episode in these views.
Check out NZB 360.com
danfozzy

Post by danfozzy »

I'm having a scrolling issue with the sickbeard list, if I scroll through the list, then swipe sideways to the airing or missed episodes then swipe back I can't move up and down the show list, if I swipe up it will move to the left, swiping down moves me to the right. I have to close nzb360 and then come back into it to get back to normal.

This occurred after the latest update. Scrolling through the sickbeard list also judders a lot now since the latest update
scanair

Post by scanair »

Just a suggestion:
Making WOL able to send via a specified port and subnet to allow for WOL from outside an network. This works for me using WoL app.
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

danfozzy wrote:I'm having a scrolling issue with the sickbeard list, if I scroll through the list, then swipe sideways to the airing or missed episodes then swipe back I can't move up and down the show list, if I swipe up it will move to the left, swiping down moves me to the right. I have to close nzb360 and then come back into it to get back to normal.

This occurred after the latest update. Scrolling through the sickbeard list also judders a lot now since the latest update
Hmm, I did try to improve scrolling in Sickbeard. I may have screwed something up. I will look into it for tonight's update.
Check out NZB 360.com
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

scanair wrote:Just a suggestion:
Making WOL able to send via a specified port and subnet to allow for WOL from outside an network. This works for me using WoL app.
No problem. I will look into this. Thanks!
Check out NZB 360.com
angmaster

Post by angmaster »

Hi

I really liked your app. I have been using SB and SABnzbd for a long time. recently upgraded my phone from 3gs to note II and found your app @ google play store and purchased it asap.

But i have a problem with browsing of episodes. I can add new shows, scrools through airing, missed, history, shows etc without a problem but when i check episodes nothing happens. just a blank screen and the poster of the show on the background.left it there for 5min to see if it just updates but still no change.

And since i'm a noob about all those technical things about networking etc can anyone direct me to the good guide about setting up my computer to access remotely so i can use this lovely app outside of my local network. Or perhaps someone can write up some good guide and explains all those steps 1 by 1 ;D

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3760 ... 603545.png

Jellybean 4.1.2
Sickbeard alpha 499
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Just submitted v.5.2.2!

Version 5.2.2
  • ENHANCEMENT: IMDb Titles are now used (if available) to display Movie Titles within Search's Sexy Movie Layout.
  • ENHANCEMENT: Now supports services that live behind multiple subdirectories.
  • ENHANCEMENT: Improved scrolling performance within Sick Beard.
  • BUG FIX: Fixed the error when trying to add a movie to CouchPotato with HTTP auth.
  • BUG FIX: Fixed multiple crashes within Sick Beard.
Check out NZB 360.com
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

angmaster wrote:Hi

I really liked your app. I have been using SB and SABnzbd for a long time. recently upgraded my phone from 3gs to note II and found your app @ google play store and purchased it asap.

But i have a problem with browsing of episodes. I can add new shows, scrools through airing, missed, history, shows etc without a problem but when i check episodes nothing happens. just a blank screen and the poster of the show on the background.left it there for 5min to see if it just updates but still no change.

And since i'm a noob about all those technical things about networking etc can anyone direct me to the good guide about setting up my computer to access remotely so i can use this lovely app outside of my local network. Or perhaps someone can write up some good guide and explains all those steps 1 by 1 ;D

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3760 ... 603545.png

Jellybean 4.1.2
Sickbeard alpha 499
I actually had this problem recently, and it happened once I updated SB. Apparently, SB corrupted my shows, so the API was failing for retrieving this info. I had to remove and re-add all of my shows. It was very annoying, but it isn't a problem with nzb360.

To connect remotely, it's pretty easy.
  • Head over to http://noip.com and get a (free) Dynamic DNS address.
  • Enter this address into your router's DDNS feature.
  • Port forward your Services (Sab, SB, CP) ports to the internal (private) IP address of the PC those services are running on.
  • Change your IP/Host address within NZB 360 to the Dynamic DNS address you received from http://noip.com
Check out NZB 360.com
SubNoize

Post by SubNoize »

Can't connect to Sab in the latest version (mind you i just installed it) couchpotato and sb work fine and i've set everything up correctly. There doesn't seem to be any errors in SABnzbds logs either.
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Sub, what are you entering for you IP/Host address? Port? SSL? HTTP Auth?
Check out NZB 360.com