[Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Kev1000000

Re: [Android] SABconnect: A sexy sabnzbd client

Post by Kev1000000 »

Thanks a ton! I really appreciate it. The new update is a big one, and it's shaping up quite nicely. Adding the final polish over the next few days, but I should have it in your hand by early next week. Just bought a Nexus 7 to make sure everything looks great on it as well.

Thanks again for the review.
Developer of NZB 360 on Android
Check out NZB 360.com
Kev1000000

Re: [Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Post by Kev1000000 »

I just pushed the new v2.0 update with NZBMatrix support! I spent a ton of time on this new update, so please let me know what you think! And as always, enjoy. :)
Check out NZB 360.com
WTFox

Post by WTFox »

So far so good! I'll let you know if I find anything buggy. ;D
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Just pushed v2.1! Here is the changelog:

Version 2.1
- FEATURE: Wake-On-Lan support added! You now have the ability to wake your SABnzbd server from sleep.
- ENHANCEMENT: You can now choose to prevent your device's screen from dimming while viewing SABnzbd.
- ENHANCEMENT: You can now bookmark an NZBMatrix Item from within the detail post view.
- BUG FIX: Stability improvements for NZBMatrix.
- BUG FIX: Better handling of cached images. There is now a limit of how many images can be locally cached on the device.

Sickbeard on its way!
Check out NZB 360.com
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

Hey, looks like a great app and would love to purchase! One problem...the Play Store says it's not compatible with my phone which is a Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile Samsung SGH-T959). Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Mikeyj, I unfortunately can only support Android devices that are at least of 2.3.3 (Gingerbread). There is a lot of advanced techniques I am using that require the new APIs.

I am very sorry about this!
Check out NZB 360.com
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

Kev1000000 wrote:Mikeyj, I unfortunately can only support Android devices that are at least of 2.3.3 (Gingerbread). There is a lot of advanced techniques I am using that require the new APIs.

I am very sorry about this!
Hmm. I'm actually running 4.1.1 on a custom ROM fully compiled from AOSP source.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1822344

Any way to get the .apk and pay you directly? Or any way to get it for my Droid 2 and extract the .apk to try on the Vibrant?

Thanks!
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Well, that's odd. Where are you from? I don't sell in some markets.
Check out NZB 360.com
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

I'm in Arizona, USA. Not so odd I guess. The Vibrant's latest "official" OS version is 2.2 so if that's what you setup with the Play store as your limit, that's why it's stopping me. I love these stupid carrier's limitations on OS versions. This thing has run ICS and now Jelly Bean without a hiccup. :/

I suppose if I want to try it, I can buy it for the Droid 2 I don't use any more and then extract the .apk and try it on my Vibrant...
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Yeah, I have it set for >= 2.3.3. I am really sorry, man. I wish you didn't have to go through all of that.
Check out NZB 360.com
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

No problem. Well, so far it seems to run great on my Vibrant running a 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM. The only thing that seemed to be a problem initially was that the SAB connection failed on my server hostname and instead only wanted an IP address it seems? Working great now. Can't wait for the new features!

Thanks,
Mike
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Great to hear everything is working an you're enjoying it!

That is an odd issue about your connection. Did you do anything to change it?

New features are on their way. This next update is huge (v3.0), and includes lots of great new features, including Sick Beard support =)
Check out NZB 360.com
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

Actually, it was only an issue when I was first configuring the SAB connection. I tried to put "mikeyj-pc" in for the "Server URL" setting but it doesn't like hostnames it seems. Just had to put my IP instead then I was good. Can't wait for new version! Love me some Sickbeard...

Mike
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

Hey, there is an app out there called "SAB Sheep" that seems to be similar to yours but claims to bypass the NZBMatrix 50 item limit? Also, when you show listings from NZBM is it respecting my language settings? I don't think it is. Is it possible to do so?

Mike
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Mike, yeah, your hostname (or PC name won't work). It has to either be an IP address or url (for outside access).

I reversed engineered SAB Sheep a bit and found they store all of NZBMatrix's info on their own servers. I am pretty sure that is against their ToS, so I didn't want to go that route. I hate the 50 limit as much as the next guy, but I don't want to anger NZBMatrix to get around it... =)

I will look into respecting language settings in the next update. Thanks for the suggestion!
Check out NZB 360.com