[Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Kev1000000

Re: [Android] NZB 360: A sexy, full-featured NZB manager.

Post by Kev1000000 »

Just pushed update v3.0.1!

Version 3.0.1
- ENHANCEMENT: You can now set separate IP Addresses / Host URLs for SABnzbd and Sick Beard.
- ENHANCEMENT: There is now a third visual layout (standard) for Sick Beard shows list that should have better performance for large TV Show collections.
- BUG FIX: Better memory management for Sick Beard poster/banner art which should eliminate OutOfMemory force closes for those who have large Sick Beard collections.
- BUG FIX: DOWNLOADED status in Sick Beard now displays correctly (instead of showing "Snatched")
- BUG FIX: Categories with spaces now set correctly in SABnzbd.
- BUG FIX: Date suffix in Sick Beard's airing soon list now displays correctly.
Developer of NZB 360 on Android
Check out NZB 360.com
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

v3.1 is coming along very nicely. Lot's of great enhancements and adding shows with Sick Beard is on its way!
Check out NZB 360.com
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

Awesome! Was sitting here right this sec using it to grab a movie to watch this afternoon!

Any luck on being able to respect my language settings at nzbmatrix? Also, Any chance of getting the tv show banner images to be the proper aspect ratio?

Thx!
Mike
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

mikeyj wrote:Awesome! Was sitting here right this sec using it to grab a movie to watch this afternoon!

Any luck on being able to respect my language settings at nzbmatrix? Also, Any chance of getting the tv show banner images to be the proper aspect ratio?

Thx!
Mike
Mike, when it comes to language settings, the only thing I can do is set "English/Unknown" results only. Is that what you're referring to?

I am also working on banner image aspect ratios. In the mean time, you can use one of the other visual layouts if you would like.
Check out NZB 360.com
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

Kev1000000 wrote:
mikeyj wrote:Awesome! Was sitting here right this sec using it to grab a movie to watch this afternoon!

Thx!
Mike
Mike, when it comes to language settings, the only thing I can do is set "English/Unknown" results only. Is that what you're referring to?

I am also working on banner image aspect ratios. In the mean time, you can use one of the other visual layouts if you would like.
Yup, English/Unknown is perfect.

I took a peek at the Search API specifics and it got me thinking that, if it were possible, I think it would be a fantastic addition to the app if you could add an "Advanced Search Options" where you could allow users to specify more of the options that are available through the API. The ones I thought might be most helpful are:

region={SEE DESC} = OPTIONAL, if left blank results will not be limited 1 = PAL, 2 = NTSC, 3 = FREE
group={SEE DESC} = OPTIONAL, if left blank all groups will be searched, format is full group name "alt.binaries.X"
larger={MIN SIZE} = OPTIONAL, minimum size in MB
smaller={MAX SIZE} = OPTIONAL, maximum size in MB
age/maxage={MAX AGE} = OPTIONAL, same as &age (above) here for matching site search vars only
englishonly=1{ENGLISH ONLY} = OPTIONAL, if added the search will only return ENGLISH and UNKNOWN matches

I think that these can go a long way towards offsetting the 50 item limit that is imposed. Many people have certain preferences that could use these options to eliminate the items they don't wish to see and increases the preferred results. For example, I just did a search and returned 23 unusable results as follows:

15 Non-English
4 over a size limit that I'd prefer (I'm not interested in full BluRay rips @ 40GB or even anything over 10GB.)
2 under a size limit I'd prefer (only want items over 1GB)
2 PAL (I'd prefer only NTSC)

If I could have filtered those I would have seen an almost 50% increase in items that matter to me. That translates to a high level of satisfaction with your application.

Now, not knowing how their site works, I'm not sure if selecting a category like "Movies" and then selecting "All" counts as an actual search? Maybe it's a category search with an empty search term variable although the API doesn't show the search term as OPTIONAL. I guess I mention this because the ability to use those extra options is definitely the most beneficial when choosing to see results from an entire category.

I think it would be pretty awesome if in the NZBMatrix settings of your app you could have a "Search Options" section that would allow users to specify defaults they'd like to use for every extended API option to be applied to every search they do. A quick way to override it would be fantastic too like if when they clicked the magnifying glass to perform a search they get a popup screen to input their search term and a checkbox for "Override Search Prefs"? or something like that?

Sorry for the long post! Just think your app has tons of potential, even given the limitations imposed on you.

Keep up the great work!
Mike
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

Oh, and no problem with the banners! They still work fine, just look a little wonky! :-)
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Mike, thanks a ton for your input!

I am absolutely going to add this addition to NZB 360. The 50 item limit sucks, and I think this will be a great way to turn those 50 items into a higher value result.

I am working on v3.1 that includes adding shows in Sick Beard, and then I want to work on Couch Potato support, but I will definitely revisit NZBMatrix with this addition in one of those updates.

Thanks again!
Check out NZB 360.com
WTFox

Post by WTFox »

I'm crossing my fingers for a feature to view the script output. :D Love this app. Well worth the money. I can't wait to see where it goes.
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

I am putting the finishing touches on v3.1! =) Should be out within a few days.
Check out NZB 360.com
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

Looking forward to it!
TMiland

Post by TMiland »

Great work with the app! When can we expect couch potato? :)
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

TMiland wrote:Great work with the app! When can we expect couch potato? :)
Thank you! After I release v3.1, Couch Potato is next on my list of todos. So... relatively soon!
Check out NZB 360.com
TMiland

Post by TMiland »

Kev1000000 wrote:
TMiland wrote:Great work with the app! When can we expect couch potato? :)
Thank you! After I release v3.1, Couch Potato is next on my list of todos. So... relatively soon!
That sounds just great! Thanks! ;D
Kev1000000

Post by Kev1000000 »

Version 3.1 has been pushed! =)

Version 3.1
- FEATURE: You can now add shows in Sick Beard!
- FEATURE: You can now set custom speed thresholds in SABnzbd.
- FEATURE: You can now retry failed items in SABnzbd from the history list.
- FEATURE: You can now delete failed item files in SABnzbd from the history list.
- ENHANCEMENT: Season and Episode number have been added to Sick Beard's Airing Soon list.
- ENHANCEMENT: Show status in Sick Beard will now display "Ended" if show is no longer airing.
- ENHANCEMENT: Failed message for SABnzbd items is now shown for failed items.
- ENHANCEMENT: Movie categories within NZBMatrix updated to reflect latest changes.
- BUG FIX: Wake-On-Lan button and context menu for SABnzbd items now consistently appear and work correctly.

I am now turning my focus towards Couch Potato support, so if there are no big issues with this release, expect the next release to support CP!

As always, let me know what you think of the update!
Check out NZB 360.com
bendster

Post by bendster »

Hey Kevin,

LOVE this app...always using it. I just had one issue and its with regards to the sickbeard portion. Only some of my shows cover art will appear in the app but several still show the default sickbeard image. The covers do appear in sickbeard...I have tried a few different things but still no good. Any idea?

(Sorry if this has been answered already I searched and couldn't locate anything on it.) ;D