[WP7] MediaHub: SABnzbd, SickBeard & CouchPotato (V2) client

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
bothari

Re: [WP7] MediaHub: SABnzbd, SickBeard & CouchPotato (V2) cl

Post by bothari »

Hey dude, this is a great app! I just moved to Windows Phone from iOS, and this is exactly what I want. However, I've run into a pretty major problem. I have a DNS forwarder for my server, I use http://www.no-ip.com/ and my server's address is (something).no-ip.org. When I try and enter it as the SABnzbd host, it gives me an error (and I assume it will for Couchpotato and Sickbeard too). If I use my IP address, it works fine (but that negates the point of having a DNS forwarder! :)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: HAH, I answered my own question. I found the "Enable DNS Lookup" option in settings. Is there a reason this isn't on by default?
dummatris

Post by dummatris »

I would love to use the MediaHub app, but when I enter my servers dns, port, and api key for sabnzb, couch potato and sickbeard, I get the error to fix the host address.

So my question is how do I fix the host error when the host works fine on other devices ie (android phone, or any web browser)? My server is running windows server 2012e with the microsoft generated DNS name. also I have a DynDNS name that I can add if needed.

Please help, cause I would love to use the app.

Thanks in advance.

Do you plan to support headphones?

Using a Nokia Lumia 920 - windows phone 8
Decap_dk

Post by Decap_dk »

Have you checked the "enable DNS lookup" on the main settings page?

Headphones support is planned for version 2. But I currently do not have a eta. on this.
dummatris

Post by dummatris »

Thank you for your quick reply. I missed the DNS lookup option. I enabled it and it works great. Thank You
Arkitekt

Post by Arkitekt »

Any ETA on the update to fix CP?

Also, came across a bug. When starting up the app and one of the applications cannot be connected to, a 'No Connection to ...." message pops up. If Ignore is pressed then the message goes away, but the menu bar at the bottom disappears as well. To get into settings I need to back out and load up and hit settings when that message comes up instead of Ignore. If I do it that way the menu bar stays on the bottom when I back out of settings.

Also, when changing settings, and trying to export to SkyDrive, the app gives and error message that the file already exists. Perhaps this can be changed to overwrite the existing file upon user confirmation. Each time SkyDrive is logged in to, it asks for app permission, is there any way to have it remember permission so it doesn't have to ask everytime? or is that a quirk with SkyDrive?
Decap_dk

Post by Decap_dk »

Arkitekt wrote:Any ETA on the update to fix CP?
This is entirely up to MS. It is submittet for certification so if all goes well around weekend is the normal.
Arkitekt wrote:Also, came across a bug. When starting up the app and one of the applications cannot be connected to, a 'No Connection to ...." message pops up. If Ignore is pressed then the message goes away, but the menu bar at the bottom disappears as well. To get into settings I need to back out and load up and hit settings when that message comes up instead of Ignore. If I do it that way the menu bar stays on the bottom when I back out of settings.
Thanks for this. I will try and look into it.
Arkitekt wrote:Also, when changing settings, and trying to export to SkyDrive, the app gives and error message that the file already exists. Perhaps this can be changed to overwrite the existing file upon user confirmation. Each time SkyDrive is logged in to, it asks for app permission, is there any way to have it remember permission so it doesn't have to ask everytime? or is that a quirk with SkyDrive?
Actually both issues are related to the SkyDrive API (or the version I have been using). The file export is already set to try and overwrite. Why this is not working I do not know. But I will try and look into these issues again.
rjorge77

Post by rjorge77 »

[quote="Arkitekt"]Any ETA on the update to fix CP?

Hi,

Which issue are you getting ?

I was unable to connect from MediaHub to CP, but since latest CP update (from 2 January 13:12:07) this issue was resolved.

Hope this helps.

regards,

RJ77
Decap_dk

Post by Decap_dk »

Good news everyone. The new version (1.3.0.0) has just passed certification. So it should be able to download and update within, if not now, the next 24 hours. This should fix the connect issues with CouchPotato and add newznab API support.

Please let me know if you run into any issues!
Arkitekt

Post by Arkitekt »

Thanks for the reply, and for looking into that bug, shouldn't be much of an issue with the new update fixing CP, but on the off chance someone cannot connect to a service it may cause troubles for that person.

I just updated MediaHub on my Lumia 920, and still cannot connect to CP. Couchpotato just put out a new update too, could that of messed up the fix you put into the new version?

EDIT: Looks like Couchpotato decided to change my API when it updated, fixed that. Now though the app says not connected, switches to connected for a second and back to not connected. If I tap on Wanted I get "Movie Information still processing, Please wait" Does that mean it is indeed connected, despite what the status says? If I refresh it the status goes to connected then right back to not connected.
rjorge77

Post by rjorge77 »

Decap_dk wrote:
Good news everyone. The new version (1.3.0.0) has just passed certification. So it should be able to download and update within, if not now, the next 24 hours. This should fix the connect issues with CouchPotato and add newznab API support.

Finally!!! :)

Great work! Now we're talking. :)

Regarding Newznab support, its possible to just list a specific Category ? for example just to show all "Movies > HD" category of Newznab server used ?

Currently we're forced to input a Search string.

great work!

best regards,

RJ77

UPDATE : well, i noticed if i input a <space> string in "Search" field it will show all category. (but it would be nice to be default in MediaHub) ;-)
Decap_dk

Post by Decap_dk »

rjorge77 wrote:Regarding Newznab support, its possible to just list a specific Category ? for example just to show all "Movies > HD" category of Newznab server used
The newznab feature of MediaHub works in a way where it request the supported features of your newznab indexing site. If it support a category called Movies > HD via its API it should get listed in MediaHub as a selectable category. I have implemented this in accordance with the newznab api spec (see here)
Decap_dk

Post by Decap_dk »

Arkitekt wrote:Thanks for the reply, and for looking into that bug, shouldn't be much of an issue with the new update fixing CP, but on the off chance someone cannot connect to a service it may cause troubles for that person.

I just updated MediaHub on my Lumia 920, and still cannot connect to CP. Couchpotato just put out a new update too, could that of messed up the fix you put into the new version?

EDIT: Looks like Couchpotato decided to change my API when it updated, fixed that. Now though the app says not connected, switches to connected for a second and back to not connected. If I tap on Wanted I get "Movie Information still processing, Please wait" Does that mean it is indeed connected, despite what the status says? If I refresh it the status goes to connected then right back to not connected.
I am running both the Windows binary and Linux source versions of CP and do not have any issues (updated Jan. 8th 2013).

From your "EDIT" post this at least confirm that your setup is correct. Are you getting a "connection lost" message at any point where you decide to not show future connection issues. From the switching between connected and not connected it could sound like you are getting some API calls through and some are lost. In my experience CP has long response times for large movie lists and this coupled with a non-optimal way that MediaHub fetches this information can cause some connection issues.
rjorge77

Post by rjorge77 »

Decap_dk wrote:
rjorge77 wrote:Regarding Newznab support, its possible to just list a specific Category ? for example just to show all "Movies > HD" category of Newznab server used
The newznab feature of MediaHub works in a way where it request the supported features of your newznab indexing site. If it support a category called Movies > HD via its API it should get listed in MediaHub as a selectable category. I have implemented this in accordance with the newznab api spec (see here)

Hi,

I understand that, maybe i was not clear on my "suggestion".

Currently MediaHub only allows a "Search" feature, which uses the newznab API spec, as mentioned above, which is correct.

What i meant, was to use a "Browse" feature, so we could get a full list from newznab provider, instead to have to use "search" (and have to input a search string).

Just a suggestion.

;)

regards,

RJ77

PS - btw, you plan to add more than 1 newznab provider, right ? :)
Decap_dk

Post by Decap_dk »

Decap_dk wrote:

Bad news everyone. In my eagerness to get you the newest update (with CP fix and newznab) I have missed a bug in the decoding of CP notifications. This will for some result in a "not connected" state and nothing from CP populating the "latest" list. I have located the issue and hope to have a fix ready today.

This will also fix a issue experienced by people running Sick Beard on a Windows machine where the root folders is defined with backslashes (e.g. C:\TVShows) where it was not possible to add new shows.
Carty1970

Post by Carty1970 »

I just thought I'd post to say thanks for your effort - your app is great. I've used the trial for a while and purchased it today :D

One thing I've noticed after the update today is that my "Latest" screen doesn't seem to work any more - it just shows the loading animation. Any ideas? I haven't changed anything and this was working fine before the update!

[edit] also I just noticed that when I setup nzbs.org, when I click the + icon on the Sab panel, the app crashes. I sent a report via the in built report proceed