SABNzbd GUI for iPhone

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
computer

Re: SABNzbd GUI for iPhone

Post by computer »

Wow this is awesome  ;D Any way to add the www.newzxxx.com as well to search both sites?
moontan

Post by moontan »

anybody still working on this?
Darky

Post by Darky »

Hi,

I spotted a program on iphone appstore called "myNZB" this morning, I have not purchased it yet.
moontan

Post by moontan »

just checked it, just lets you monitor your sabnzbd downloads, no searching newzbin (wonder do they have any intention of adding this)
pixelwix
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by pixelwix »

i don't know what i'm doing wrong i sshed the files over to the right folder chmoded it to 775 also tried 777, the app starts i can enter my login info on both sections but when i search for something on newzbin. it crashes and closed out. also i don't see my downloads under downloads.

some please help. i'm on 2.2firmware btw.
Darky

Post by Darky »

Author of myNZB has updated to 0.2 supporting Newzbin/queue delete/pause/resume sabnzbd
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

Just downloaded myNZB, its is pretty good actually. Much more useful than this as it now seems abandoned
interfacelift

Post by interfacelift »

Just dropped the 99c on MyNZB. Looks good to me. A few little UI grooming is needed, but it's quite functional.

Nice to have a 'legit' app to do this.
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

This is great. I was working on hjaltij's source and trying to add some more features. But I'm not an objective c
programmer. I'm very happy that someone is making a new app from scratch and it's already worth those 79/99 cents.
Looking forward to further updates like auto refresh ;-)

st
Last edited by stanpete on February 5th, 2009, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonG777

Post by BrandonG777 »

Darky wrote: Hi,

I spotted a program on iphone appstore called "myNZB" this morning, I have not purchased it yet.
Great app well worth a $1
fawkes

Post by fawkes »

I have been following this thread for some time now and trying out the different versions released here until MyNZB came to be and this project was abandoned. Now MyNZB is great and well worth the price (I bought it) , but it still lacks auto-refresh and is a somewhat tiresome to use since after a search you have to select the search result in question, select add to queue and then answer the yes to the popup while the Newzbin app released here you need only to select it then select download. Out of curiosity is the creator of MyNZB reading these forums since after all MyNZB was made for SABnzbd?

So for the time being I am using a combination of both the Newzbin app and MyNZB to manage SABnzbd. Now I have been asked about the Newzbin app on several occasions and because of that I am considering packing it up and putting it up on one of the Cydia repos, but I need to know if this is OK with both the creator of the Newzbin app and everyone involved in its modifications? Also what license was the source released under? Lastly would Newzbin mind since it is using their name and their graphic, considering that this just adds to their service I would think they would be OK with it, what do people think?
interfacelift

Post by interfacelift »

I'd like to see it up on Cydia, mostly for more exposure and hopefully more people working on it. I'd love to be able to use it to browse Newzbin and just bookmark things, so my SAB at home could pick it up and start downloading stuff.
fawkes

Post by fawkes »

pair of dimes wrote:
fawkes wrote: Lastly would Newzbin mind since it is using their name and their graphic, considering that this just adds to their service I would think they would be OK with it, what do people think?
I'm sure they would mind, you should ask for permission.
Yes I was thinking of doing that anyway, but I though maybe someone else had experience with them and could shed some light on what might be expected. Though I will wait with asking for permission until I get permission from the person that released the source and the people involved in the modification of the source since I am currently running Newzbin app v2 by stanpete and that would be the one I pack up and put on Cydia. Unless someone has a good reason for using another version of the Newzbin app? Another important part is what license the source is released under, is it GPL? Since I wouldn't like to get problems later on because of the licensing this is just as important as getting permission to pack it up on a Cydia repo.
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Hi guys,

I'm the developer of myNZB, throught i'll show my face :),

Thanks to all the people who have emailed me regarding this application with comments and suggestions, i have taken these onboard.
fawkes

Post by fawkes »

Nice to meet you and let me the first one to welcome you  :) . Hope you don't take my idea of packing up the Newzbin app on a Cydia repo the wrong way, my intention is not to undermine MyNZB rather for the time being I believe they compliment each other nicely and I am sure that MyNZB will surpass the Newzbin app in a short while so it is just temporary. At the current price it's a bargain and works on non-jailbreaked devices so it is always recommended, great work. I hope you will consider making a new thread dedicated to MyNZB where you could say a little about MyNZB and maybe tell us about what your plan is with MyNZB, this would reduce redundant suggestions.