SABNzbd GUI for iPhone

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
switch

Re: SABNzbd GUI for iPhone

Post by switch »

hjaltij wrote: Hi.
I started implementing a History view but then found out that the API doesn't support it yet, but the code is almost ready.
In the meantime the history RSS can be parsed for the informaion
moontan

Post by moontan »

sorry for doubting you  :-X
hjaltij

Post by hjaltij »

moontan wrote: sorry for doubting you  :-X
No prob. Hope you'll be able to use it soon.
ht2k051

Post by ht2k051 »

wow what a great app...looks awesome.

i downloaded the file renamed the file with a .app at the end and then ssh'd into the iphone uploaded it and changed the permissions to 755.

i see the icon when i click it it loads the background but then the program auto closes...any way to get this on the iphone manually? anyone managed it? so eager to try this out

thoughts?
hjaltij

Post by hjaltij »

ht2k051 wrote: i downloaded the file renamed the file with a .app at the end and then ssh'd into the iphone uploaded it and changed the permissions to 755.
The file I posted is just the source code compressed. You'll need to open it up in XCode, build it for the iPhone (choosing the correct target) and if you don't have an AppStore account you'll have to find a way to sign it with a bogus certificate and then you'll be able to put it on the device via sftp or equvi (given that your phone is jailbroken).

However, I'm posting the code so people can work on it and later either publish it to the AppStore or put it into Cydia/Installer so everyone can get it.
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

hjaltij wrote: Hi.

I'm sorry but I've been extremely busy lately...
Thanks for the great app, I've seen it working on a friends iPhone and it's going to come in quite handy (and more speedier than the iPhone SAB web interface).

Unfortunately, I am experiencing a problem when doing searches -- the indicator spins a few times and the app crashes. It's been recompiled, tested with another Newzbin login and even attempted to use the same .app which is confirmed working on the friends' phone. After starting a download through SABnzbd directly, I am able to see the download processing so the issue seems to be limited to the searching.

I'm at the point where I'll be doing a full restore of the phone just to try and use this app but would like to know if you, or anyone else, had some suggestions.

Regards,
Fraser
hjaltij

Post by hjaltij »

Fraser wrote: I'm at the point where I'll be doing a full restore of the phone just to try and use this app but would like to know if you, or anyone else, had some suggestions.
Restoring will probably not fix this. It might very well be a bug on my side. If you have a mac you could try to run it in the simulator and see if it crashes there.

- H
geebee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by geebee »

hjaltij wrote:
ht2k051 wrote: i downloaded the file renamed the file with a .app at the end and then ssh'd into the iphone uploaded it and changed the permissions to 755.
You'll need to open it up in XCode, build it for the iPhone (choosing the correct target) and if you don't have an AppStore account you'll have to find a way to sign it with a bogus certificate and then you'll be able to put it on the device via sftp or equvi (given that your phone is jailbroken).
Could someone build this and post it here for me and others with no mac access?

Thanks!
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

Yeah, would love for someone to post this to test out
dotsam

Post by dotsam »

I haven't done a lot to this besides adding the ability to enter a username and password for your sabnabd server. It's been fake signed, so it will only run on a jailbroken iPhone/iPod touch, but you probably already guessed that :)

Anyways, I don't really feel like providing any further support for this, but at least wanted to get it out there. It works for me in the way I need it to, but I make no promises that it will work for you, and won't totally screw up your iPhone/iPod or sabnzbd server or newzbin account. I was testing this with Fraser, a few posts up, and he did indeed need to do a restore to get this working, we never really figured out why that was though.

Anyways, with all that said and done, download the zip and put the .app in your /Applications folder. You'll need to respring, and maybe even need to install something from Cydia or Installer to have the springboard enumerate the installed apps properly.

http://a5.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/newzbin05173.zip

--dotsam
Last edited by dotsam on December 9th, 2008, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camelot

Post by Camelot »

LOVING it :)
Couple of request (if I ever get time to learn some iphone programming I can do them myself):
*size in newzbin window split into (encoded + recovery)
*progress data in newzbin window (ie finished, in progress, etc)
*being able to set speed and pause sabnzbd
*view history (once part of api)

Just throwing those in the mix :D
geebee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by geebee »

Jailbreak phone and install openssh + ldid using cydia.

SSH in and...

scp -r ./Newzbin.app [email protected]:/Applications (copy app to phone)
ssh [email protected] (connect to phone)
chmod +x /Applications/Newzbin.app/Newzbin (make app executable)
ldid -S /Applications/Newzbin.app/Newzbin (create fake codesign for app)
killall SpringBoard (restarts springboard)

I use Putty to ssh in on PC
Use WinSCP or SFTP drive to drag n drop the app folder across
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

Thank you so much for sharing this...
Works great except for one thing... I can't seem to get a connection to SAB even
though I can access it using safari without a problem.
I know you said you probably won't support it but i thought I'd give some feedback.
Wish it worked.... :(

st
ht2k051

Post by ht2k051 »

amazing  thank you so much for posting the link.

works great on my iphone....fantastic.

only thing is i can search results for apps and tv shows and movies, but i am not able to search for music.
for instance if i type in u2 i get nothing, same goes with any other music..any quick way to allow it to also return results for music?
dotsam wrote: I haven't done a lot to this besides adding the ability to enter a username and password for your sabnabd server. It's been fake signed, so it will only run on a jailbroken iPhone/iPod touch, but you probably already guessed that :)

Anyways, I don't really feel like providing any further support for this, but at least wanted to get it out there. It works for me in the way I need it to, but I make no promises that it will work for you, and won't totally screw up your iPhone/iPod or sabnzbd server or newzbin account. I was testing this with Fraser, a few posts up, and he did indeed need to do a restore to get this working, we never really figured out why that was though.

Anyways, with all that said and done, download the zip and put the .app in your /Applications folder. You'll need to respring, and maybe even need to install something from Cydia or Installer to have the springboard enumerate the installed apps properly.

http://a5.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/newzbin05173.zip

--dotsam
madlan
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by madlan »

I have installed this following the above notes but have an issue I cannot work out.
A few seconds after hitting the search button the app closes back to the springboard - I have tried CHMODing the .app folder and its contents to 777 incase it was a write error but no luck. The download status works fine.

Any ideas?