Episode Butler issue

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
tret

Episode Butler issue

Post by tret »

Hi guys, I couldn't find a place on the episode butler page to request help or ask any questions so I am doing it here.

I run sabnzbd and episode butler on Ubuntu 8.04. I have the app up and running, it seems to interface ok w/ newzbin and sabnzbd

I have a couple of tv shows set up and tvrage is correctly reporting upcoming episodes so everything looks to be in place.

I am a little particular about the quality and format that I would like to download though and I can't figure out how to get episode butler set up in regards to this.

I would like to download 720p x264 copies of the tv episodes only. I can do this by hand but I would love to be able to get episode butler to play ball with these particular preferences.

I did notice that in the TV show setup section of episode butler you can set quality preferences but these settings are quite vague (low, medium, medium/high. high, etc.)

I also made a custom search in newzbin to show just 720p x264 tv shows. I tried to set the URL for this search in the episode butler properties hoping this would get the app to search within my customized newzbin search. Once I did this episode butler fails to run and it seems only "www.newzbin.com" can be used as the newzbin.host option in the episode butler configuration.properties file

Any ideas?
switch

Re: Episode Butler issue

Post by switch »

If no one here knows, you can try asking here:
http://www.deadite.net/forum/newsgroup- ... ?topicseen
the developer regularly posts in that thread.
tt365

Re: Episode Butler issue

Post by tt365 »

Episode Butler uses file size and episode length to determine the quality you download. If you want HD, set it to "High" and it seems to work fine. I don't think there any any more fine grained control than that. It would be nice if it supported using the RSS feeds from newzbin or something rather than just the search function. Perhaps it will be added as a new feature in the next version. I have emailed the author and he's been pretty good about getting back to me. I wish the source were available, I have a few ideas for patches I'd love to write up for him.

I am unaware of a way to limit it to 720p, but in practice that seems to be what I get most of the time. And all HD seems to be x264 these days. Excellent quality when downloaded with "High" in Episode Butler. Most players will allow you to set an output format, and can scale the output to get 720p without much hassle. That's the native res of my TV, so that's what I output as well. I'm playing them back on a MythTV based system and it works great. Going by the mediainfo output, they should work fine with standalone players like the Popcorn Hour as well.