[Android] Sick Beard on Android

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
emile_b

[Android] Sick Beard on Android

Post by emile_b »

Hi,

I thought you might be interested in Sick Beard SERVER on Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... donandroid

It is still in beta stage, but I have quite a few of my Power NZB users try it out.

Its FREE, so give it a go!

Let me know if you have any comments or issues, and please consider leaving a review if you like it :)

Cheers,
Emile.
halopend

Re: [Android] Sick Beard on Android

Post by halopend »

First of all, thank you, thank you thank you! The fact that one of those little ~$50 Google TV sticks not much bigger than a thumb drive that you plug in an HDMI port directly has the potential to download automatically download, sort and manage shows + run XBMC is nothing short of mind blowing.

That said, I'm having difficulty keeping the server running persistantly and would love the ability to autostart it. Currently, I'm trying to use tasker to set the OOM value of com.emtronics.sickbeardrunner:py with the script
"echo -17 > /proc/$(pidof com.emtronics.sickbeardrunner:py)/oom_adj"
To try and prevent shutdown but I'm not even sure that fixes it. To be clear, I'm not sure if anything is crashing or the system is just shutting it down chase it thinks its not in use.
emile_b

Re: [Android] Sick Beard on Android

Post by emile_b »

Hi,

No problem!

Yes Android is quite aggressive in trying to kill processes!

I will take another look, I may be able to make the process more persistent so Android doesn't kill it. Also if I add a 'wake lock' it might give it higher priority.

I guess the device is always full ON, and does not go to sleep?

Thanks,
Emile.