Mylar (Automated Comic Book Downloader)

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
evilhero

Mylar (Automated Comic Book Downloader)

Post by evilhero »

I figured it was time to let more people know about a project I've been developing over the past year called Mylar.

Mylar is based heavily on the Headphones logic, and is an automated Comic Book (cbr/cbz) downloader. Because it's based on Headphones, it's obviously built in Python. (Python 3.x is not supported, use 2.7x)

It has been in active development over the past year, and has gone through many revisions / bugfixes / improvements thanks in large part to the users that have already been using it on a daily basis and have taken their time and energy to help with detail logs, testing, etc.

It's available on github @ https://www.github.com/evilhero/mylar

(There are screenshots and further instructions there for those interested)

It also has multiple-newznab provider support, as well as built-in support for some of the larger nzb providers (that have comics of course). Watching for new weekly comics (pullist), post-processing, file renaming are a few of the features provided (there are more - just alot to list)...

If there are any issues/problems, please submit an issue on github - I track the github issues list quite actively, and if a problem is posted herein I may not see it as quickly.

Thanks!
tjhart85

Re: Mylar (Automated Comic Book Downloader)

Post by tjhart85 »

I'm going to give this a try!

THANKS!

I've had really bad luck with Headphones, but based on what you've described, you've tweaked the hell out of it, so I'm hoping for good things.

Thanks for your efforts!
keim

Post by keim »

like the screenshots, going to try it out, thanks evilhero
caisley69

Post by caisley69 »

can you get this to dl mags ?
evilhero

Post by evilhero »

caisley69 wrote:can you get this to dl mags ?
Nope, Mylar will only work with comics now (and always) - including magazines is way outside my pay-grade (and I don't get paid), so someone else will have to venture down that road.