NZB Monitor [ios]

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
nzblight

Re: NZB Monitor [ios]

Post by nzblight »

Big thanks for the promo code.
nzbmonitor

Post by nzbmonitor »

NZB Monitor 1.2.3 is finally available in the store. The features are the same, but with a new look & feel.

FK64FMHN974L
X6HKT9436E7F
P4HLJRPLRYXT
EPJHRENHAELP
WANJLKTLN4YX

The minimum supported version is now iOS 7.0. If there is a demand for iOS 6 I might add it back in at a later stage.
ktd

Post by ktd »

Thanks a lot for the promo code! (I used WANJLKTLN4YX)

I was using SABMobile but haven't been that happy with it.
Looking forward to try your app.

Looking forward to be able to add nzb files and I also would like to be able to rename dl's.
ktd

Post by ktd »

One bug and a request...

When I using search and search with a swedish letter å, ä or ö the app crashes.

On iPad the app show setting pages in portrait even if locked in landscape. All view pages are fine but adding a server, setting a search filter etc. show in portrait.
nzbmonitor

Post by nzbmonitor »

ktd wrote:Thanks a lot for the promo code! (I used WANJLKTLN4YX)

I was using SABMobile but haven't been that happy with it.
Looking forward to try your app.

Looking forward to be able to add nzb files and I also would like to be able to rename dl's.
I recently disabled renaming because the API call was giving me issues. I actually forgot about that, I'll look into it again.
Last edited by nzbmonitor on July 22nd, 2014, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
nzbmonitor

Post by nzbmonitor »

ktd wrote:One bug and a request...

When I using search and search with a swedish letter å, ä or ö the app crashes.

On iPad the app show setting pages in portrait even if locked in landscape. All view pages are fine but adding a server, setting a search filter etc. show in portrait.
Thanks I'll look into the special characters bug. I am aware about the rotation being locked on the edit screens, it's something I will fix in the future.
ktd

Post by ktd »

Thanks!

Is it possible to add iCloud sync of settings? Servers and Newznab.
I also would like a clear all filters button when searching I it's possible.

I hope it's ok but just let me know if I'm asking for too much. :)
nzbmonitor

Post by nzbmonitor »

thanks for the feedback.

I have a version ready to go with some of the requested features.

- Special characters crash is fixed
- Ability to rename downloads is back
- I've changed the search filter screen to show how many filters are selected for each type and also a 'Clear All Filters' button.

As usual, some promo codes:

34N97TTE9YAL
RLTX9FKE7AN4
APTH46W6WHPL
KLWREHFKEYAA
E6AMEYYXKN3T

If you have any other feature requests please email me (address in the app) or post here. I would prefer to spend my time working on features people actually want.
djoole

Post by djoole »

Hi there,

My bad, i found out about the app directly from the appstore, hence didn't have the chance to enjoy a promo code.
Nevermind, happy to fully contribute for this nice app :)

I just sent you an email from the app about NZB search using famous engines like NZBindex/Binsearch (if possible, but this must be tricky... sick beard can't do that, but CP do that so i figured it was possible)

I've another remark, minor, and aesthetically : from the ipad, in the Queue view, in portrait as well as landscape, the header with time left, server name and speed, is not wide enough, doesn't cover the width of the screen (tested on iPad Air)

Keep the good work up!
djoole

Post by djoole »

Something else i've just came across, i have an item in the history queue (in the web interface) being repaired/unrared.
I can't see this item in the history queue of your app..
And the instant, the item has finished unraring, and is still not visible on the app.

In fact i had to manually refresh the history to get it. Maybe it would be nice to implement a History refresh rate like for the queue?
nzbmonitor

Post by nzbmonitor »

Thanks of the feedback. I got your email, just hadn't had a chance to reply.
I just sent you an email from the app about NZB search using famous engines like NZBindex/Binsearch (if possible, but this must be tricky... sick beard can't do that, but CP do that so i figured it was possible)
I prefer not to integrate with individual websites anymore after the nzbmatrix shutdown, but it is something I will put on my list to look into.
I've another remark, minor, and aesthetically : from the ipad, in the Queue view, in portrait as well as landscape, the header with time left, server name and speed, is not wide enough, doesn't cover the width of the screen (tested on iPad Air)
I'll fix the header issue in the next release. I originally focused mainly on the iPhone layout and just made sure that the iPad was usable, I do plan on optimising it better for the iPad.
Something else i've just came across, i have an item in the history queue (in the web interface) being repaired/unrared.
I can't see this item in the history queue of your app..
And the instant, the item has finished unraring, and is still not visible on the app.

In fact i had to manually refresh the history to get it. Maybe it would be nice to implement a History refresh rate like for the queue?
I'll look into the repaired/unrared state, but yes you would have to manually refresh the history to see it change. I'll see what I can do about adding an auto refresh.

Thanks for using the app!
nzbmonitor

Post by nzbmonitor »

I have reduced the price to $0.99 for a limited period (might need sometime for the store to update)

or get it for free...

E4NN4YFAF74X
TAPNNE3KPJRF
RTJA7NRJYTYW
FKMF4PMHFWNX
YJL6TM69MTAK
Sikerim

Post by Sikerim »

nzbmonitor wrote:I have reduced the price to $0.99 for a limited period (might need sometime for the store to update)

or get it for free...
Thanks used code YJL6TM69MTAK, nice app - and the newnab integration especially is awesome!
nzbmonitor

Post by nzbmonitor »

I have decided to make NZB Monitor free for now due to the fact that I don't have enough time to properly focus on it.

The iOS 8 compatibly release is now out, although there are still a few bugs which I'm working on.

It might take a few hours for the price change to take effect.
ZildjianKX

Post by ZildjianKX »

nzbmonitor wrote:I have decided to make NZB Monitor free for now due to the fact that I don't have enough time to properly focus on it.

The iOS 8 compatibly release is now out, although there are still a few bugs which I'm working on.

It might take a few hours for the price change to take effect.
Ah that's too bad. Was just coming to the forum to post that I just bought it last night and love it, sad to see support ending. You did a great job with the app.

If you ever get time to work on it again, a couple of features that I think would be cool are:

- "Open in" support for nzb and zip files. If you download either of those in Safari (from a website you don't support search for), register to support those file types so Safari can send them to your app and then send those to Sabnzbd.
- iOS 8 notification widget support for the download queue.

Anyways, great app.