SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
jubei
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Post by jubei »

I'm getting:

Code: Select all

[interface] API Key missing, please enter the api key from config>general into your 3rd party program:
I've entered the API key in the app and I still get this.  This only happens (so far) when I Use Advanced->Get Newzbin Bookmarks. Monitoring the queue works....any idea why?
rAf

Post by rAf »

It's a known issue of 0.4.9, fixed in coming 0.4.10 release.
ssboisen

Post by ssboisen »

anyone else have this problem:

when i'm in some application, say firefox and i press the icon in the top-bar the "waiting..." icon (swirly round thing with several colors) is shown, it seems as if it's a thread-problem - like it takes a lil while before the context menu is created - i guess it might be due to waiting for a timeout from polling sabnzbd through the api, but i couldn't know for sure since i don't know anything specific about programming for mac os x
rAf

Post by rAf »

Do you monitor a local or external SABnzbd ?
If it's external (by internet), the speed of connection may generate this kind of behaviour...
And you're right, it should be on a separate thread to avoid, but it's my first cocoa objective-c app, and it's one of the many future improvements I have to make.
jubei
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jubei »

Using this with 0.4.11 I get that same API key error in the log when managing my SAB server on my HTPC.  Using 0.2.2 with the correct API key and the weird thing is monitoring works but getting Newzbin bookmarks does not.  any ideas?  thanks.
rAf

Post by rAf »

I checked and it's a bug. I'll publish a fix soon.
rAf

Post by rAf »

I've just release SABnzbdX 1.2.3, see main post.
japii

Post by japii »

This isn't an official bug report (unless you're running one of the SL dev seeds) just thought the info might come in handy if you plan on working towards SL compatibility in the future.

Under Snow Leopard Dev build 10a380 SABnzbdX will open (and open SABnzbd if that option is turned on) but then promptly quit about 3-5 seconds after that. SABnzbd continues to run, but SABnzbdX just disappears from the menubar. There's no error or anything, it just disappears.

The only way I've been able to keep it running is if I quickly open up the preferences window right when I first start the program. But after I close the preferences it disappears in the same way I described above.

Again, this isn't an official bug report as obviously SL isn't finalized, or even legitimately public yet. Just something to throw into your notes.
rAf

Post by rAf »

I'm aware of that, I'm working on it.
Thanks for reporting.
juvenile38

Post by juvenile38 »

New to sab, so much better than hellanzb with this app add on. For the trifecta I would love to get the iphone app working, but I have no invite to newzbin. If someone has a spare it would be much appreciated. Was also curious if it were possible to change the queue within the program?

Thanks.
Last edited by juvenile38 on July 3rd, 2009, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rAf

Post by rAf »

juvenile38 wrote: but I have no invite to newzbin. If someone has a spare it would be much appreciated.
There is a thread for this : Newzbin.com Invites
juvenile38 wrote: Was also curious if it were possible to change the queue within the program?
only view, no control on queue items for now.
juvenile38

Post by juvenile38 »

Cool, thanks for the heads up
Arithmeticae

Post by Arithmeticae »

First I'd like to comment on how awesome this piece of software is, it's really well put together and adds that extra element to sabnzbd that helps with integration into the OS.

Second I'd like to make a suggestion/request. It would be great if one was able to pause sabnzbd for a set amount of time. Often times I will pause the daemon to free up some bandwidth for another task, only to forget to unpause it. If there was a submenu of the pause selection in the menubar, with choices like "Indefinite", "5 Minutes", "15 Minutes", "30 Minutes", "1 Hour", "2 Hours"

I understand that there is the limit speed option available for freeing up bandwidth, but that suffers from the same problem of me forgetting that it is on, especially as the icon does not change. Perhaps a new icon and/or a timer feature for that as well.
japii

Post by japii »

Arithmeticae wrote: First I'd like to comment on how awesome this piece of software is, it's really well put together and adds that extra element to sabnzbd that helps with integration into the OS.

Second I'd like to make a suggestion/request. It would be great if one was able to pause sabnzbd for a set amount of time. Often times I will pause the daemon to free up some bandwidth for another task, only to forget to unpause it. If there was a submenu of the pause selection in the menubar, with choices like "Indefinite", "5 Minutes", "15 Minutes", "30 Minutes", "1 Hour", "2 Hours"

I understand that there is the limit speed option available for freeing up bandwidth, but that suffers from the same problem of me forgetting that it is on, especially as the icon does not change. Perhaps a new icon and/or a timer feature for that as well.
Doesn't the icon change when you pause it? Like the speed and stuff goes away. I know what you mean though, I do that all the time. Seems like this feature would probably only cater to a few users though.
rAf

Post by rAf »

The future version of SABnzbdX will be a rewrite from scratch.
It will be only compatible with 0.5.x branch, I'll integrate these features.
I suggest you to became release testers to check out and test new features added to SABnzbd.