SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Salamantis

Re: SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Post by Salamantis »

Thanks for this app, really useful :)

I thought I'd make it fit in more in my menubar so I made some custom icons for SABnzbdX :)

Here's an in-menu bar preview:

And here are the icons for the different statuses: (yeah I know they're not really descriptive, 3 dots and a ! :P)

http://www.mediafire.com/?gze1mzi1dzh (download)
Replace the icons in [app]/Contents/Resources/ and restart SABnzbdX :)
Last edited by Salamantis on December 4th, 2008, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
japii

Post by japii »

Salamantis wrote: Thanks for this app, really useful :)

I thought I'd make it fit in more in my menubar so I made this custom icons:
(my menubar)

That's beautiful, thanks!
Salamantis

Post by Salamantis »

japii wrote:
Salamantis wrote: Thanks for this app, really useful :)

I thought I'd make it fit in more in my menubar so I made this custom icons:
(my menubar)

That's beautiful, thanks!
No problem, enjoy :)
rAf

Post by rAf »

Thanks for sharing, Salamantis.
Your icons are more 'macish' :)
sbultez

Post by sbultez »

thanks rAf, your app is pretty cool !
Sam

a few ideas :
- can you use Salamantis icons for your next package ? Much better than yours, sorry hehe
- can you add an option to autostart sabnabd.app when sabnzbdx.app is launched ?
- same idea, but the opposite : add an option to quit sabnzbd.app when sabnzbdx.app is quitted
- new download start growl notifications should at least include the name of the nzb
- add the ability to name  and rename saved hosts
- remove the nomber of nzbs in the submenu Queue Items (it is already below the stop item)
- use Sparkle framework to update the menu item app
- can you release a package of sabnzbd that has no dock icon, just this menu bar item ? That's be so great :-)  
Last edited by sbultez on December 12th, 2008, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salamantis

Post by Salamantis »

sbultez wrote: - can you use Salamantis icons for your next package ? Much better than yours, sorry hehe
Haha, thanks for all of the good comments about my icons, honestly they were super quick for personal use to make it fit in more with my menubar but I never knew others would like them too... if you DO use them, do tell me if you want any modifications to the actual icons, like the crappy 3 dots or "!" :P
sbultez

Post by sbultez »

your icons are great, i use them.
i deleted sab_work.png and use a copy of sab_idle.png instead
It gives a cleaner look, as we have the speed + timùe we already know that it's downloading
Salamantis

Post by Salamantis »

sbultez wrote: your icons are great, i use them.
i deleted sab_work.png and use a copy of sab_idle.png instead
It gives a cleaner look, as we have the speed + timùe we already know that it's downloading
Oh and if you want the app without a dock icon I suggest an application called Dock Dodger
http://foggynoggin.com/dockdodger

Works great :)
sbultez

Post by sbultez »

well actually there is a preference in SabnzbdX that does just that, it works fine,
What I meant was to package the menubar + full sabnzbd application in one single application
rAf

Post by rAf »

sbultez wrote: thanks rAf, your app is pretty cool !
Sam

a few ideas :
- can you use Salamantis icons for your next package ? Much better than yours, sorry hehe
No problem, but i would like icons with more differences between different states.
- can you add an option to autostart sabnabd.app when sabnzbdx.app is launched ?
- same idea, but the opposite : add an option to quit sabnzbd.app when sabnzbdx.app is quitted
I try to add these but only for local app
- new download start growl notifications should at least include the name of the nzb
when adding an nzb via SABnzbdX, the nzb file name appear in growl notification.
when adding an nzb via SABnzbd, I cannot tell...
- add the ability to name  and rename saved hosts
Using hostname works too (yourmachinename.local), you can define your machine name in OSX Sharing prefs...
- remove the nomber of nzbs in the submenu Queue Items (it is already below the stop item)
yep why not
- use Sparkle framework to update the menu item app
I've already begin to look at this one :)

- can you release a package of sabnzbd that has no dock icon, just this menu bar item ? That's be so great :-)  
Hard to do because SABnzbd is a python app and SABnzbdX is a cocoa Objective-C app... and SABnzbdX is more a controller for one or multiple SABnzbd daemons...
I think it's better to keep the 2 softs separated, but we can discuss this point.
Salamantis

Post by Salamantis »

rAf wrote:
sbultez wrote: - can you use Salamantis icons for your next package ? Much better than yours, sorry hehe
No problem, but i would like icons with more differences between different states.
:)
Salamantis wrote: Haha, thanks for all of the good comments about my icons, honestly they were super quick for personal use to make it fit in more with my menubar but I never knew others would like them too... if you DO use them, do tell me if you want any modifications to the actual icons, like the crappy 3 dots or "!" :P
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

@raf

As I mentioned earlier, I have two computers (one on my desk the other remote) that I manage with your app.
This is working quite well except for one thing... sometimes when the remote pc is selected and I open an nzb
with the gui it won't send it there but instead tell me "127.0.0.1 is downloading".
I can't really say it's like that all the time - last night for example I had the remote selected and opened an
nzb because I thoughtt it's gonna download with my computer anyway.... but no: "212..... is downloading"

Do you know what could cause this ?
villain

Post by villain »

what i would like to see is the ability to manage queue items (move up, down, top.. etc) from the menus possible. failing that, what about adopting sabnzbdX to have a GUI, say something like transmission (torrent client) ? my biggest issue with sabnzbd+ is that you need to use a web browser to get anything done. i have ~ 480 queue items in my nzb queue which becomes a bit of a hassle over time. firefox consistently hangs and safari works fine unless i leave the web browser open for a few hours and i need to force quit etc.
sbultez

Post by sbultez »

there seems to be an issue with cookies for safari in 10.5.6 ... SabNzbdX controlling Sabnzbd+.app causes Safari to behave wrongly with cookies.  (they both want to write on the file, so it fails).
Stopping Sabnzbd from the SabnzbdX menu solves the problem!
Undisclosedpower

Post by Undisclosedpower »

So I finally upgraded my machine to leopard (well forced to by hardware failure, but that's another story), so I can finally use this awesome app. I have noticed one thing though, using multiple daemons. If you get a growl notification for anything but your 'primary' daemon and click on it, you will get take to your 'primary' daemon page instead of the relevant daemon's page. Not a big deal but it would be nice to go to the correct page.