SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
daanjj

Re: SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Post by daanjj »

SABnzbdX keeps on flipping "downloading" and "stopped", even though the remote SABnzbd daemon is happily downloading. I did read the part about the 1.2.6 timeout parameter and tried various values for it (closing down SABnzbdX, chanching the value and then starting it again), however, the icon changes and Growl notifications continue. So at this moment SABnzbdX is completely unworkable for me...

I am running MacOSX 10.6.2, the SABnzbd daemon is running on an Apple TV 3.0.1, and the daemon itself is version 0.5.1beta.

Daan
rAf

Post by rAf »

@Undisclosedpower and @daanjj : I have no clue on what's happening, I'm searching...
zerolight

Post by zerolight »

Hi, so 0.5 beta introduced SABNZBDX merged with SABNZBD+, however with 0.5.0 beta 6 this appears to have been pulled again. Any particular reason - it was convenient having them together?

Thanks,

Graham
rAf

Post by rAf »

The menu is still here nothing removed from beta 6...
zerolight

Post by zerolight »

Really odd. I gave up trying to get the menu to display and downloaded 1.2.6 of your sabnzbdx instead. It was there prior to updating to the latest SABNZBD.
rAf

Post by rAf »

What system are you using ?
Do you have menu with 0.5.0B5 ?
zerolight

Post by zerolight »

Hi rAf,

I'm running Snow Leopard - 10.6.whatever the latest is. It's a 27" iMac i7. I installed beta 5 when it came out and was pleased to see that the menu was integrated. I installed beta 6 over the weekend and found that it was gone. I'll see if Time Machine has a backup of the earlier version and run it to see if the menu appears again.
rAf

Post by rAf »

I've just tested on snow leopard and it's working... You can download b5 on sourceforge if you want to try...
Try to open Console to see if there is any helpful messages.
zerolight

Post by zerolight »

Apologies. Somehow I managed to download beta 6, but install .4.12 instead!  :'(

I've re-installed beta 6 and all is well.
Drew

Post by Drew »

This may be a little naive, but I'm not sure what the "Get Newzbin Bookmark" feature does?  I do use Newzbin and bookmark reports occasionally, so wondering how this ties in.
rAf

Post by rAf »

If you have set your newzbin infos and checked Auto Get Newzbin Bookmarks in SABnzbd prefs, you can force a get newzbin bookmark from SABnzbdX... I use this all the time.
zerolight

Post by zerolight »

Drew wrote: This may be a little naive, but I'm not sure what the "Get Newzbin Bookmark" feature does?  I do use Newzbin and bookmark reports occasionally, so wondering how this ties in.
It literally goes into your newzbin account and grabs the bookmarks, downloads them, and then removes the bookmarks when done. If you've got SABNZBD running at home, you can bookmark stuff at work and find that it's all downloaded when you get home. However SABNZBD only checks for bookmarks every 15 minutes, so if you are at your SABNZBD Mac and you want to force it to go right away rather than on the next 15 minute cycle, you click on the Get Newzbin Bookmark.
rAf

Post by rAf »

your answer is perfect :)
dekz

Post by dekz »

Fantastic addition to a fantastic application, thanks.
durianmy

Post by durianmy »

Hi,

I am running SABnzbdX 1.2.6  on Snow Leopard 10.6.2.  I am getting the following message every few seconds on the console log.  Is there a way to turn this off ?

2/22/10 9:57:06 PM SABnzbdX[16802] getJson http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/api?mode= ... ey=xxxxxxx
2/22/10 9:57:11 PM SABnzbdX[16802] updating...
2/22/10 9:57:11 PM SABnzbdX[16802] getJson http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/api?mode= ... ey=xxxxxxx
2/22/10 9:57:16 PM SABnzbdX[16802] updating...
2/22/10 9:57:16 PM SABnzbdX[16802] getJson http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/api?mode= ... key=xxxxxx
2/22/10 9:57:21 PM SABnzbdX[16802] updating...

Thanks.