Introducing tretflix - An HTPC Companion

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
tret

Re: Introducing tretflix - An HTPC Companion

Post by tret »

pickthenimp wrote:created an account just to saw thanks and how great this is. Any idea when you will update docs like mounting samba shares or adding volumes?
Glad you're enjoying it. Life has happened recently so I've been slow getting documentation/videos done. I'm getting ready to start back at it again so look for these soon. I'm hopeful to have some how-to's available this month.

Thanks,
- tret
digidan

Post by digidan »

So I just got Tretflix set up and running in Vmware player. I have a few n00b questions if you will indulge me:

-Does it save these downloads to the local VM or to an external place that I specified? Where is this setting?
-Sickbeard and Maraschino are both saying there are updates, is it safe to let it update or will it break something?

I think this is some amazing idea to put all these together on a VM, and will definitely be donating to your cause!
tret

Post by tret »

digidan wrote:So I just got Tretflix set up and running in Vmware player. I have a few n00b questions if you will indulge me:

-Does it save these downloads to the local VM or to an external place that I specified? Where is this setting?
-Sickbeard and Maraschino are both saying there are updates, is it safe to let it update or will it break something?

I think this is some amazing idea to put all these together on a VM, and will definitely be donating to your cause!
Hi digidan,

I'm glad you like the concept and are enjoying tretflix!

1) Correct, it currently downloads everything to a 2nd vdisk. You can mount a CIFS or NFS share and redirect the download location. tretflix runs on ubuntu server so it wouldn't take too much research to figure out how to do this. Hint: /opt/tretflix/datastore is a symbolic link to the 2nd vdisk's mounted partition. If you mount an external share, redirect the symlink to the share's mount point and downloads will start going there (assuming no permissions issues)

2) Should be fine, I regularly do so.

FYI, I'm currently hard at work on tretflix v1.2 which will include a full CLI toolset. One of the features of this toolset is an easy to use CIFS/NFS add/delete feature as well as a command to move the current downloads somewhere else (such as a CIFS/NFS share you've configured).

- tret
digidan

Post by digidan »

Thanks for the quick reply! So I'm having some problems and again please excuse my ignorance but I'm trying to get everything working. I have a few more questions:

-I've added all my shows and its looking good. I selected an episode of a show from last week to test out that everything is working properly. It shows in Sabnzbd as waiting and is stuck there. I thought it might be the quality or episode so I chose a different one and let it download any quality. Same result. So not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Here is my logs:
2013-10-30 12:59:28 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-266189 :: Sending NZB to SABnzbd
2013-10-30 12:59:28 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-266189 :: Quality of The.Blacklist.S01E05.HDTV.x264-LOL is SD TV
2013-10-30 12:59:28 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-266189 :: Quality of The.Blacklist.S01E05.HDTV.x264-LOL is SD TV
2013-10-30 12:59:27 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-266189 :: Searching for stuff we need from The Blacklist season 1
2013-10-30 12:59:25 INFO CP Server Thread-10 :: Seeing if we need any episodes from The Blacklist season 1
2013-10-30 12:59:25 INFO CP Server Thread-10 :: Sending backlog for The Blacklist season 1 because some eps were set to wanted

-I also noticed I was getting some errors from some of the NZB's so I toggled those off. All errors are gone, but as I don't know how this works I'm wondering if I need to configure others. I fully configured Usenet-Crawler with the API key from their site API setting and vice versa.

-I further set up easy news and it tested the connection and its working.

I feel a little dumb and have read several guides but its a bit overwhelming. I've been using traditional torrents prior to this but hoping to make the jump over.

You've done an amazing job putting this together and I'm hoping to get everything working soon!
tret

Post by tret »

If the download job is in the SABnzbd queue but stuck there perhaps the SABnzbd experts on the forums here can help further with that. In theory, if you have a valid NZB in the queue and a working account from a usenet provider configured you should be good to go.

- tret
digidan

Post by digidan »

Finally got it all sorted and downloads are working. Turned out there was a bad setting that someone on the boards helped me to identify. So one more question on accessing the downloaded files. I use playon is there a way for it to see the directory where my downloads are or do I have to use XBMC?
tret

Post by tret »

digidan wrote:Finally got it all sorted and downloads are working. Turned out there was a bad setting that someone on the boards helped me to identify. So one more question on accessing the downloaded files. I use playon is there a way for it to see the directory where my downloads are or do I have to use XBMC?
Great! Glad to hear it. There's a CIFS / SAMBA share running on tretflix. You can access it with the following credentials:

Username: gerty
Password: admin

I'm not familiar w/ playon but if you can mount a CIFS/SAMBA share that's the way to go.

Thanks,
tret
digidan

Post by digidan »

Tret,

I have to say thanks, after a few weeks of working on settings, my HTPC setup, and XBMC I've finally got it all squared away. The system is a powerhouse combo and I finally feel like I've got all of my ducks in a row.

You have created something awesome here and can't wait to see future versions with even more tools embedded!
tret

Post by tret »

digidan wrote:Tret,

I have to say thanks, after a few weeks of working on settings, my HTPC setup, and XBMC I've finally got it all squared away. The system is a powerhouse combo and I finally feel like I've got all of my ducks in a row.

You have created something awesome here and can't wait to see future versions with even more tools embedded!
Glad you like it and that it saved you some time/pain. I'm currently in development for v1.2 which will have some huge new features for more flexibility and customization. Stay tuned!

- tret
dalben

Post by dalben »

Thanks for tretflix. It was exactly what I was looking for.

I regularly download some torrents that sb doesn't know about, mainly local sports programs. I currently use flexget to trigger transmission. Is there any chance you would consider adding flexget to your appliance ?

TIA
Ka Hooli

Post by Ka Hooli »

Hi, just discovered this project of yours and really like the idea of a pre-made appliance as I have a HP N40L Microserver with VMware ESXi 5.5 installed.

Just a few questions...
  1. During the reconfiguration prompts, can we have it so it asks for each application if the user wants it enabled it (with the default as Yes of course)?
    This would help as I don't use XBMC, I use Plex due to being able to install the Plex client on my Samsung TV and not needing a HTPC.
  2. Adding Plex Media Server (maybe with the default, as per question 1 above, as being No).
    I know, already requested, just adding my 2 cents.
  3. If adding HeadPhones, what MusicBrainz server are you going to use?
    The default external one, add MusicBranz local replica server, or just leave it up to the user to use the appliance version from MusicBrainz themselves? If adding a local replica server, this could be enabled/disabled during reconfiguration as well.
billplowman

Post by billplowman »

Hey Tret, you've almost made this TOO easy! Thanks for giving this to us!
tret

Post by tret »

Ka Hooli wrote:Hi, just discovered this project of yours and really like the idea of a pre-made appliance as I have a HP N40L Microserver with VMware ESXi 5.5 installed.

Just a few questions...
  1. During the reconfiguration prompts, can we have it so it asks for each application if the user wants it enabled it (with the default as Yes of course)?
    This would help as I don't use XBMC, I use Plex due to being able to install the Plex client on my Samsung TV and not needing a HTPC.
  2. Adding Plex Media Server (maybe with the default, as per question 1 above, as being No).
    I know, already requested, just adding my 2 cents.
  3. If adding HeadPhones, what MusicBrainz server are you going to use?
    The default external one, add MusicBranz local replica server, or just leave it up to the user to use the appliance version from MusicBrainz themselves? If adding a local replica server, this could be enabled/disabled during reconfiguration as well.
Glad you like it! I'll address your questions:

1. tretflix v1.2 will feature a much more flexible configuration method. I'm providing a "tretflix" CLI that will allow users to do much more. I'll post the --help as a sneak peak :)
2. Plex Media Server will be included in v1.2
3. As with the other apps, I will leave HeadPhones relatively stock and allow the user to decide what to do with it :)

Thanks!
tret
tret

Post by tret »

dalben wrote:Thanks for tretflix. It was exactly what I was looking for.

I regularly download some torrents that sb doesn't know about, mainly local sports programs. I currently use flexget to trigger transmission. Is there any chance you would consider adding flexget to your appliance ?

TIA
I'll take a look at flexget. Adding this to my future ideas list :)

tret
tret

Post by tret »

billplowman wrote:Hey Tret, you've almost made this TOO easy! Thanks for giving this to us!
You bet! Glad you're enjoying it!