[iOS] nzbUnity -- released to Cydia

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
JMejia826

Re: [iOS] nzbUnity -- released to Cydia

Post by JMejia826 »

bazzabw wrote:Very promising app, keep up the good work

but for me to use it regularly the Sabnzb+ section has to be more like the apple deleted app myNZB which I use this app religiously every day.

Using nzbUnity I can add RSS feeds manually which is great but they are NOT collapsed and i have to scroll down pages to get to the section and the nzb I require
Any chance you could have each RSS feed collapsed and open up when pressed ?

Also when using myNZB I just hold down a listed nzb file to download it, but using nzbUnity, i have to selected it, then press the popup to press OK
Can we have an option to not have the pop up to press OK as it just an extra step that is not needed, and also maybe have the option to hold down the nzb to download.

Also can we have The MAIN MENU Button somewhere on each page, as sometimes i have to move back several times to reach main menu

also can we have a section just to binsearch and download nzbs

Implement these changes, I will use this app over myNZB and donate

kind regards
Hey bazzabw,

Just to give you a few updates.
I've implemented (or at least an attempt at) collapsible RSS feeds (screenshot at the bottom). I might change how the RSS heading name looks.
I've also changed when you tap to download an nzb either from an RSS feed or Newznab to not display an alert with an ok but instead a notification will slide from the bottom and then go away on its own after 4 seconds [screenshot at the bottom].
I've added to my list to implement binsearch.info and nzbindex.nl support instead of just newznab.

As for the main page button, given the current layout, it is not possible however, would it work if i implement 3 rapid taps on any screen to bring you back to the main screen?

Project: nzbUnity [iOS]
Current Version: 1.0.7
Bug Tracking / Feature Requests: http://bugzilla.dozenzb.com
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Looks promising so far, good work! Crossing my fingers for NZB Get and NZBDrone support in the future.
bazzabw

Post by bazzabw »

@JMejia826

Thanks for implementing the changes i requested,
I look forward to checking them out in the next update

Another feature i would love to see added if possible
Is a settings option to open to rss feeds on launch of the app
or even open to Sabnzbd, CP, Sickbeard or Headphones on launch
Instead of the default Main Menu

And yes triple tap to Main Menu would be good

Kind regards
Baz
Last edited by bazzabw on April 4th, 2014, 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Furby8704

Post by Furby8704 »

i have rss feeds setup on my desktop sab but they dont show under the app.
keeps asking to manually input. am i missing something??

@bazzabw i still use mynzb also to monitor things. cant do anything else since selection is broken in ios 7 =/
bazzabw

Post by bazzabw »

@Furby8704

I Use myNzb to download rss nzbs from myzbs.org as
i am a registered user and to use binsearch, both sites still
work on the app.
All the other site searches are broken except fanzub
and I think nzb.su if your registered.

I am on ios7 and it works ok for me with the above
All other features work fine except nzb.org category search
Normal nzbs.org search works ok.

I am using mynzb 0.4.17

When using nzbunity
Newznab sites should provide the rss feed links
to all categories, they then need to be added manually to the nzbunity
Rss feed section by selecting manage/add for the app to show them.

The rss feed section of the desktop sabnzbd app is more of a bookmark grabber from your newznab of choice
Where nzbunity rss is a category index of latest releases

If i can load nzbs from nzbunity as quick as mynzb
I will be using this app from now on. So hoping an open to rss section
can be added at some point when launching app.

Hope that helps
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

Hey JMejia826,

Just a suggestion, but you should submit a post to the Usenet section of Reddit with details of the app. You'll get a lot of exposure there :) http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/
JMejia826

Post by JMejia826 »

bazzabw wrote:@Furby8704

I Use myNzb to download rss nzbs from myzbs.org as
i am a registered user and to use binsearch, both sites still
work on the app.
All the other site searches are broken except fanzub
and I think nzb.su if your registered.

I am on ios7 and it works ok for me with the above
All other features work fine except nzb.org category search
Normal nzbs.org search works ok.

I am using mynzb 0.4.17

When using nzbunity
Newznab sites should provide the rss feed links
to all categories, they then need to be added manually to the nzbunity
Rss feed section by selecting manage/add for the app to show them.

The rss feed section of the desktop sabnzbd app is more of a bookmark grabber from your newznab of choice
Where nzbunity rss is a category index of latest releases

If i can load nzbs from nzbunity as quick as mynzb
I will be using this app from now on. So hoping an open to rss section
can be added at some point when launching app.

Hope that helps
simonk83 wrote:Hey JMejia826,

Just a suggestion, but you should submit a post to the Usenet section of Reddit with details of the app. You'll get a lot of exposure there :) http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/
@simonk83-- I did, thanks :)

@Furby8704 -- bazzabw is correct. nzbUnity does not pull your current RSS from sab but instead let's you add your feed as more of a 'i want to see what's new on x and add what i want".

@bazzabw -- I changed the layout from collapsible to list (click -> new page opens) items with the option to pull down for manual refresh (no auto on this one) [screenshot below].

I also added new pictures to the original post which shows the new icons on the main menu (nzbGet/nzbdrone/NZBmegasearcH/binsearch/nzbindex support).
NZBmegasearcH and Binsearch are done, NZBIndex is next, i will redo the Newznab section to be more like the RSS section (you can add multiple newznab).

RSS update
ImageImageImage
bazzabw

Post by bazzabw »

@JMejia826

The changes look great, any chance of having a beta repo so we can update straight away rather than waiting for it to go though bigboss,

Also do you know if its possible for the rss feed items to display the size of the nzb download
I dont know if its something i add to the rss feed address or something you can do in the app

Any chance of a rss shortcut on the main menu or an activator gesture that takes us straight to the rss feed section.

I am all about adding nzbs as quick as possible in as little steps... Sorry

Excellent work
bazzabw
JMejia826

Post by JMejia826 »

bazzabw wrote:@JMejia826

The changes look great, any chance of having a beta repo so we can update straight away rather than waiting for it to go though bigboss,

Also do you know if its possible for the rss feed items to display the size of the nzb download
I dont know if its something i add to the rss feed address or something you can do in the app

Any chance of a rss shortcut on the main menu or an activator gesture that takes us straight to the rss feed section.

I am all about adding nzbs as quick as possible in as little steps... Sorry

Excellent work
bazzabw
I like the idea of moving the RSS to the main screen since I will be supporting more than one downloader.
I think the size is part of the RSS feed, I will need to double check.

As for the beta. My users on testflight (usually non jailbroken) get the early beta but send me a pm and we can work something out.
bazzabw

Post by bazzabw »

@JMejia826

Instead of the popup that tells you that the nzb has been sent on the rss page
would it not be better to change the the sab icon to a tick icon.
Or better still maybe just holding down the rss item window to activate download, i think doing that is easier than
pressing the button and it gives you more space to display rss information. If you had an items in queue number at the bottom of the rss page at all times just watching that number accumulate is enough to know its been added

We need also to be able to move items up and down the sabnzbd queue if possible.

I hope you don't mind me giving you some ideas/suggestions
bazzabw
JMejia826

Post by JMejia826 »

Or better still maybe just holding down the rss item window to activate download, i think doing that is easier than
pressing the button and it gives you more space to display rss information. If you had an items in queue number at the bottom of the rss page at all times just watching that number accumulate is enough to know its been added

We need also to be able to move items up and down the sabnzbd queue if possible.

bazzabw

i can remove the slide up notification from the RSS section since the icon turns colorful once it has been sent so that's not needed - good point. The number thing, you mean a counter like at the very bottom, something like

v <rss name>
---------------
[rss feed listing]
nzb's added: 2 etc...
?

I have to see about the long press to add option, i kinda like the visual nzb icon since it is more obvious than the long press but i can do both and leave it up to the user to decide which way they would want to add.

and the sab queue reorder... to be honest, never thought about it lol. i'll add that to my todo list.

I'm open to ALL ideas/suggestions/bug/etc... so don't worry about it. This app is for us by us so anything you can think of, send it along.
bazzabw

Post by bazzabw »

JMejia826 wrote:

bazzabw

i can remove the slide up notification from the RSS section since the icon turns colorful once it has been sent so that's not needed - good point. The number thing, you mean a counter like at the very bottom, something like

v <rss name>
---------------
[rss feed listing]
nzb's added: 2 etc...
?

I have to see about the long press to add option, i kinda like the visual nzb icon since it is more obvious than the long press but i can do both and leave it up to the user to decide which way they would want to add.

and the sab queue reorder... to be honest, never thought about it lol. i'll add that to my todo list.

I'm open to ALL ideas/suggestions/bug/etc... so don't worry about it. This app is for us by us so anything you can think of, send it along.

Yes a counter somewhere in the rss section and search section that
Is hard coded into the interface that shows you how many nzbs you have currently in you queue downloading.
By then adding an nzb from the rss section you can then instantly see it accumulate, knowing straight away that it was successfully added.
JMejia826

Post by JMejia826 »

bazzabw wrote: Yes a counter somewhere in the rss section and search section that
Is hard coded into the interface that shows you how many nzbs you have currently in you queue downloading.
By then adding an nzb from the rss section you can then instantly see it accumulate, knowing straight away that it was successfully added.
When you say currently in your queue -- you referring to the sab(nzbget) queue?
bazzabw

Post by bazzabw »

JMejia826 wrote:
bazzabw wrote: Yes a counter somewhere in the rss section and search section that
When you say currently in your queue -- you referring to the sab(nzbget) queue?
Yes, i think so.

For example.
You have 3 items already downloading through sabnzbd so counter shows 3?
You press a rss feed item and the counter jumps to 4 and so on. Its handy for example if your selecting say 13 episodes of a tv show and you know you need to add a set number to the queue.
JMejia826

Post by JMejia826 »

bazzabw wrote:
Yes, i think so.

For example.
You have 3 items already downloading through sabnzbd so counter shows 3?
You press a rss feed item and the counter jumps to 4 and so on. Its handy for example if your selecting say 13 episodes of a tv show and you know you need to add a set number to the queue.
That's easy to do. Don't forget to send me the pm so we can work out a beta model.