Handle NZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Handle NZB

Post by Hmail »

Okay. 0.5.0 is out \o/
Is anyone still using this tool? Any new feature requests? Since 0.5.0 supports most of features included in this tool...
semel

Post by semel »

Is it possible to make it available to choose manually download locations  when u get nzb?. For instance, for various reasons i often download to different partitions, folders.It would be cool to be able to choose where i want to store this or that file\movie.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

err, well, that'snot what the addon is about. It's basically about sending the nzb file to SABnzbd with a different name, category, stuff like that. What you might need is a post-processing script which moves your download.
I'm afraid the SABnzbd api doesn't even support stuff like that, so it would be quite hard to put in addon.
XAQT

Post by XAQT »

Hi, just registered to let you know I most certainly find handlenzb extremely useful. I still use it with version 0.50 as it allows me to upload nzb's from different pc's in my network to my download server. You allow me to select a category on download and together with the renaming function it works beautifully with the renaming function of sabnzbd!

It's a great plugin and works like a charm! Well done!

... uhm and since you asked. I had to think hard, but a feature which would be useful for me personally would be the option have more than one sabnzbd server configurations from which you can choose. I also have a sadnzbd server running at my parents home, on their media center... and if I want to send them an nzb I upload it through sabnzbd's web interface. If I could add their server configuration and choose a server from a dropdownbox as I would with the category, that would be awesome! :D

Keep it up! Cheers
quassum

Post by quassum »

Any idea how I can handle this error message, see debug log, this is on Vista 64, when configuring this addon on a server without username/password.

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Handle NZB 0.4.9\k5kjxnef.tmp' is denied. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Handle NZB 0.4.9\handle_nzb.exe.Config) ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Handle NZB 0.4.9\k5kjxnef.tmp' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.EnsureTempNameCreated()
   at System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.AddExtension(String fileExtension, Boolean keepFile)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext..ctor(String filename, String templateFilename)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticOpenStreamForWrite(String streamName, String templateStreamName, Object& writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.OpenStreamForWrite(String streamName, String templateStreamName, Object& writeContext)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationHost.OpenStreamForWrite(String streamName, String templateStreamName, Object& writeContext)
   at System.Configuration.UpdateConfigHost.OpenStreamForWrite(String streamName, String templateStreamName, Object& writeContext)
   at System.Configuration.MgmtConfigurationRecord.SaveAs(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceUpdateAll)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Configuration.MgmtConfigurationRecord.SaveAs(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceUpdateAll)
   at handle_nzb.HandleNZB.storeConfig()
   at handle_nzb.config.btnOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
handle_nzb
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Handle%20NZB%200.4.9/handle_nzb.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

I'm guessing this has something to do with administrative privileges. It might be you had to accept some UAC warning. Unfortunately, .NET doesn't provide a proper method (at least not that I know of) to save the config file in the Users folder. I haven't seen this warning before, so could you try to disable UAC, try this one again, and than enable UAC again?
I'll try to take a look in the UAC stuff, since more and more users are actually leaving that enabled.
quassum

Post by quassum »

Just disabled UAC but still the exact same error. Is there anything else I can do to give you some better debug info?
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

And you restarted after disabling it, I assume?
I'm also not sure the installation package contains the "new" executable for 0.5.0, and it could be I changed some stuff there to prevent this error. Can you replace the executable located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Handle NZB 0.4.9\ with this file: http://www.geensite.nl/handle_nzb/handle_nzb.exe?
Thanks in advance.

Also, I would like to know if you have administrative privileges on this system, and if you installed it with the same user account as you are using it now.

*blushes for not catching an exception the proper way*
quassum

Post by quassum »

Hmail wrote: And you restarted after disabling it, I assume?
Now it's my time to blush, didn't restart after disabling UAC, never quite understood this thing anyway. Works flawlessly now, with 0.5.0 by the way, thanks a lot for this addon!
echofx

Post by echofx »

Awesome program - very handy. Just having one issue with it trying to use an external application (other than SAB) to feed the NZBs to.

If I run it as a normal user I get an error about not being able to rename the NZB file, if I run it as administrator I don't get that - but in both cases, I get the following error:

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at handle_nzb.Form1.ApplyClose_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
handle_nzb
    CodeBase: file:///f:/handlenzb/handle_nzb.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Works fine if I send the NZB to sab, it's just when I try and use an external application. This is with 0.5.0.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

This one I've seen before. It shouldn't happen anymore, but I guess I'm wrong :) I'll take a look at it asap :)
echofx

Post by echofx »

Awesome - much appreciated.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Allright, I fixed both issues (configuration changing which needed UAC disabled and the "send to other application" issue), and tested everything with SABnzbd 0.5.0. However, I wanted to create a new installer. But the developers from CreateInstall (a crappy installler creating software) released a new version from their software, and now I can't associate handle_nzb.exe with nzb files. And because I don't have any experience with NSIS (or something alike) scripting, I currently can't release an installer.
Beside this, I'm not really sure everything is tested all the way through, so I would love someone to test the application. Basically the whole configuration storage part is changed, and I might have been stupid somewhere :P
So if some of you guys would like to test the new application, I would love to hear some comments. Positive are nice, negative are great :P

All you need to do is this:
- Download the new executable from: http://www.geensite.nl/handle_nzb/handle_nzb.exe
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86) in case you are on 64 bit software, Program Files if you are on 32 bit software (If you don't know: If x86 exists, go there, otherwise, pick Program Files)
- Open the folder HandleNZB 0.4.9.
- Rename the current handle_nzb.exe, in case I really broke something, and you would like the other application back.
- Copy the downloaded executable to this folder.
- Have fun.

Your configuration is lost, so the first time you open an nzb file, you have to re-enter your SABnzbd location, and the stuff you configured before. Just send a file to SABnzbd, and everything should be saved for the next time.
Just play a bit around trying to send an nzb file, change some of your configuration, and try if everything is saved for the next time. It should even remember which option you selected the last time.
echofx

Post by echofx »

Flawless! Works perfectly now. No warnings at all and works exactly as advertised.

Many thanks
quassum

Post by quassum »

Ok when using the new executable and without deleting handle_nzb.exe.Config and with UAC on I still get the same errors (as in my March 28 post), since I already saved the config with UAC off the application still works but the errors are a bit annoying of course. With the new executable and handle_nzb.exe.Config deleted and UAC on I get a brand new error message, nothing gets saved and I can't get out of the configuration screen:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at handle_nzb.HandleNZB.storeConfig()
   at handle_nzb.config.btnOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
handle_nzb
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Handle%20NZB%200.4.9/handle_nzb.exe
System.Windows.Forms
System
System.Drawing
System.Configuration
System.Xml

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>