Handle NZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Handle NZB

Post by Hmail »

Hmm, this is weird. I had the exact same issue yesterday, but it worked after I restarted it. I'll take a look at it in a few hours.
quassum

Post by quassum »

Nope same error after restarting of the application or Vista completely for that matter.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Okay, I'll look into it.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

What version does it say in the titlebar of the main screen? And from what date is the executable? The error from storeConfig() should come from older versions. You don't need handle_nzb.Config anymore, it's now stored in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\HandleNZB.
quassum

Post by quassum »

0.4.9 had to delete it and copy in the new exe since overwriting didn't really overwrite the exe, now I'm finally on 0.5.0 as well and it works beautifully, great work!
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

:D
Cool, I'm happy everything works again. I remembered I had almost the same issue while developing it. Have fun using it :)

For all new users wanting to try out this application: You can download the installer from the first post, and then replace the executable with this. I can't find any more bugs, so I guess I really changed the configuration process properly. I'm working on creating a new installer which might take some time, 'cause I have to learn NSIS scripting, which I've never done before.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Okay, I finally finished writing a crappy NSIS script, and I have a new installer. I hope it works properly, because now I know why I never used NSIS before.
Please, if someone wants to try this installer out, I would really appreciate it. It should create a folder in Program Files called "HandleNZB-0.5.0", with an uninstaller and the executable. It should also display the configuration window, where you can configure Handle NZB 0.5.0 for the first time.
For the people using the previous released 0.5.0 versions, this one contains a new approach for configuration. This is compatible with the UAC from Windows Vista and Windows 7. The only thing changed is: You need to re-enter your configuration again.
Thank you for using Handle NZB, and I hope you enjoy it :)
quassum

Post by quassum »

Doesn't create a .nzb file association on my Vista 32bit laptop. Otherwise works as advertised, including uninstaller, though an entry in Control Panel\Programs and Features would be even better of course.
removablebrain

Post by removablebrain »

I tried installing this on XP - install goes fine, but it will not let me get past the config screen. Says "input string was not in the correct format". I enter my IP, port & api key. Tried manually editing the config file too. Any ideas? This is on the 4.9 version with and without the updated exe and I tried the 5.0 version also. Running sab 0.5.1RC2. thanks
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

That must have something to do with the 0.5.1 version. I haven't tested that yet, because I couldn't get it running (due to some changes in the email system). For now I'm concentrating on the association part, as quassum already said, that doesn't work yet in the installer.
So unfortunately, I only can advice you to either don't use Handle NZB until I've got 0.5.1 running, and fixed that, or to use 0.5.0.
Of course, if you know anything about C# developing, you are welcome to see if you can fix it in the current code. Just give me a PM if you want access to the source :)
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

To follow up the previous post: Can someone verify that this installer does associate the .nzb extension to Handle NZB? You might need to uninstall the previous version (uninstaller is located in Program Files folder)
This installer should also display an entry in the Add/Remove Programs folder. If everything works as expected, I'll donate a few bucks to the guys at Inno Setup.
echofx

Post by echofx »

Oh, I do have a feature request.

Would it be possible (in the configuration) to be able to set a default category? Probably 90% of the time I am sending something to Sab it is a movie, as opposed to anime, so it would be nice being able to have it default to that in case I forget.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Why haven't I thought about that before? Great idea, I'll include that in the next release. Can you check the installer I posted before? I'm pretty much satisfied that one is working properly. In the meantime, I'm concentrating at the upcoming 0.5.1 release.
echofx

Post by echofx »

Hmm just tried the installer on a Win7 x64 box that I'd never installed it on before. It installed without error, but it didn't bring up the configuration dialogue and for some reason it didn't associate with NZB files. After manually associating it, and manually bringing up the config window though it seemed to work.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Are you sure you picked the installer from my above post? (This installer: http://geensite.nl/handle_nzb/HandleNZB%20Setup.exe)
I noticed it isn't always picked up great if GrabIt is installed, they have done some weird stuff to protect nzb files from being opened by another application. I'll take a look at that later today.