Handle NZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
echofx

Re: Handle NZB

Post by echofx »

Yep, that's the installer. Only other nonstandard thing I did with it was changed the install path to c:\handlenzb rather than allowing it to go into program files. No grabit installed, only other usenet related app on that was sabnzbd.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Okay, that's probably the issue. I'll look into it :)
quassum

Post by quassum »

Just tested the latest installer works completely as advertised for me on Vista 32bit, thanks a lot!
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Okay, first of all: echofx: I can't reproduce the issue you described. I'm just guessing there is some other application (might be some security software) protecting the installer from writing to the registry. If other users are experiencing the same issue, please let me know.
Second, I'm trying to make the category default to the previous choice. Expect a new release in a few days.
Third: I'm currently working on a Linux (C++, QT based) version. I will release it, but I don't expect a lot of users waiting for this. If anyone is interested, please let me know if I can contact you by PM or mail for bug testing.

And of course, I'd like to thank everyone for their cooperation. You guys make this utility better :)
echofx

Post by echofx »

Yeah, I haven't been able to reproduce it either. Installed it on a friend's machine yesterday and the installer worked correctly and even popped the configuration box up as expected.

Very much looking forward to the new version!
quassum

Post by quassum »

Linux version would be very nice to have as well, running a default Ubuntu setup over here as well so feel free to contact me when you have an alpha version.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Great. It doesn't work yet, but I'm trying to let it talk to SABnzbd. Most of the interface is working already. I'm not sure if Ubuntu ships the QT libraries by default, but I'm pretty sure it works.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Wow. Long time no update on the start post. Well, I released a new version, called Handle NZB 0.5.2 RC1, because that's the top sabnzbd version it's working with. But don't worry, it also works with 0.5.0 :)
Of course, this is the new installer, so I'm hoping no one has issues with this.
Basically nothing changed, except for the feature requested by echofx.
Oh, and this version also supports Release Candidates. Unfortunately the .NET Version class doesn't support RC in version strings, so previous releases of Handle NZB broke on that.
Obviously remember that all non-final releases of SABnzbd may contain bugs, and may or may not affect the funcionality of Handle NZB. But keep reporting bugs :)

Have fun!
And a link to the download: http://geensite.nl/handle_nzb/HandleNZB-0.5.2RC1.exe
echofx

Post by echofx »

Tried to install the new version and it claims that the setup files are corrupted and won't proceed. Win7 x64.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

That's weird. It worked for me. Well, I rebuilt the installer and re-uploaded it. Can you try it again? If that doesn't work either, try to remove the old version you had installed, and install the new version. Maybe that solves this issue.
echofx

Post by echofx »

Very odd.

Installed it over top of my old version but it didn't seem to overwrite the files. When I ran it, it still showed as 0.5.0. Uninstalled, and reinstalled and now showed 0.5.2RC1 as expected. However, there is no option in the config to set a default category. Just in case it was set to remember what the last category was I tried that as well but no go - still defaults to anime on reopening.
echofx

Post by echofx »

One other glitch - when trying to open it in a local app (newsbin pro in this case) as opposed to sab, I still get a "could not rename NZB" error message - though it does correctly open in newsbin pro. Is this possibly UAC related as well?
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

At first: There is no option in the config window, it should just reopen the last category you chose. I'm looking into it. Can you send me your configuration file? It's located in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\HandleNZB\settings.cfg? You can open it with notepad and remove or replace the confidential values :) And does Handle NZB remember which option (SABnzbd / App / Save) you chose the last time? If that works, it should remember this one too.
Second: I'm pretty sure I located that bug. I've had that before but couldn't figure it out, so I figured there was something wrong with my system. But I think I saw what I did wrong. Looking into that one as well.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Hi Hmail,

I've been following this thread for the last little while, but just got it installed today. I'm currently using nzbdStatus in FireFox to handle downloading NZB files, but with the downfall of Newzbin (at least for TV Shows and Movies) I'm looking for a way to download and clean up the NZB name before sending it to SAB. Whats the possibility of Handle NZB being able to automatically rename NZB files to clean them up?

For Example:
Add a TV show and it grabs the name of the episode (from TheTVDb/TVRage) and renames it. (Detection would be based on the presence of S01E01 or 1x01)
Add a movie and it would clean up the name, I'm not sure it would be possible to get the year if it didn't exist, wouldn't be 100% right all the time and then rename it to "Movie Name (2010)"

I'm not sure what could be accomplished for other categories as well.

I'd also be interested in looking at the source for this, haven't been working with C# for long, but I'm always interested in learning more.

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Well, erm, that's quite a bit. I'm sure it's possible, but I'm afraid I don't have that much time available.
The easier way might be to have some auto-renaming based on regex or something alike. However, (I'm ashamed to say) I never understood those regexes :D
I don't use Firefox and nzbdStatus, but how do they solve this issue?