Handle NZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
echofx

Re: Handle NZB

Post by echofx »

Reinstalled (again) and it seems to be working now. Maybe the first uninstaller didn't completely work or something.

Very handy feature to have now. Still get the "can't rename NZB error" occasionally though.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Hmail wrote: Well, erm, that's quite a bit. I'm sure it's possible, but I'm afraid I don't have that much time available.
The easier way might be to have some auto-renaming based on regex or something alike. However, (I'm ashamed to say) I never understood those regexes :D
I don't use Firefox and nzbdStatus, but how do they solve this issue?
That's the thing, since the loss of a fully functional Newzbin they nzbdStatus can't handle categories for non-newzbin sites (or renaming), but I'm looking for something to do it all. It would have to be something with REGEX, but shouldn't be overly difficult, I've done some simple REGEX for parsing season/episode information from RSS feeds, so finding TV Shows should be easy, movies and other categories are less easy, but it should be possible to get some info out of them.

For Example
If it contains a year assume anything after the year to be garbage, anything before would be the title, clean up the title (remove periods and replace with spaces) and then wrap the year in Brackets, resulting in "Movie Name (2010)".

I'd be interested in taking a look, I've done quite a bit of the work for REGEX before, but I don't have an easy way to automatically set the category (or be able to change it if the category is wrong), without going into the WebUI for SAB, I guess I could just have a Post-Processing script that handles everything, but I like the idea of setting it before it downloads (and being able to override possible computer error before it has a larger impact).

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

It might be difficult, but also an interesting job to do something like this. For me, regexes are too difficult to implement completely. (or .NET must have some interesting stuff to get this working).
I can implement some stuff like wildcards with number recognition, which can be turned on or off and suggests a title. Movies like "2010 (1984)" wouldn't succeed, so they would have to me changed manually.

Of course everything would be a lot better if Newzbin just came back, or the other sites would implement the functions Newzbin had. But it would be interesting to make an application which can combine these features so that every index site can be used the way we were used to.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Forsure, I've been thinking about this a bit more, I love the implementation of nzbdStatus, which appears to have been tweaked to get categories from NZBMatrix, I would just need something to rename them cleanly (like Newzbin reports). I'm thinking of writing an intermediate processor, which nzbdStatus would send the nzb to and then it would rename the file and if still required, get the category.

Sounds like this would be a major pain, but could pay off - I have no idea if I can actually pull this off, but I'll probably give it a shot, if nothing else than to learn some more C#.

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
pven
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by pven »

I love this program!  :)

One thing that is not working on my netbook: uploading to SABnzbd (0.5.3) works, but I must close the upload-statusp-screen by hand. Most of the time the to be uploaded NZB is showing up in SABnzbd.
quassum

Post by quassum »

No idea if this would be the correct thread, but does anyone know of a Handle NZB, or Handle NZB-like program, for Mac by any chance?
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

pven wrote: I love this program!  :)

One thing that is not working on my netbook: uploading to SABnzbd (0.5.3) works, but I must close the upload-statusp-screen by hand. Most of the time the to be uploaded NZB is showing up in SABnzbd.
That's weird. I don't have the same problem. The upload-status-screen is displayed until it get's a response from sabnzbd. This usually takes a couple of seconds, depending on the size of the nzb file. If you have to close it always there is definitely something wrong. Can you explain me a bit more about your situation? Where do you run sabnzbd? On a server, or another device? Locally? Do you have special firewalls or virus scanners in place?
quassum wrote: No idea if this would be the correct thread, but does anyone know of a Handle NZB, or Handle NZB-like program, for Mac by any chance?
Well, to be honest, I finished my QT-based version a couple of weeks before, but didn't have the time to release it. (releasing would mean, creating some kind of .tar.gz file and a cmake script to build it.. I've never done that before). I know QT-based software can run on Mac systems, but I'm not sure if I have to make a .dmg myself. I don't have mac systems here. But if you are interested in the source code to compile it, let me know :)
pven
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by pven »

Hmail wrote:
pven wrote: I love this program!  :)

That's weird. I don't have the same problem. The upload-status-screen is displayed until it get's a response from sabnzbd. This usually takes a couple of seconds, depending on the size of the nzb file. If you have to close it always there is definitely something wrong. Can you explain me a bit more about your situation? Where do you run sabnzbd? On a server, or another device? Locally? Do you have special firewalls or virus scanners in place?

Looks like this is solved after restarting my netbook. :)
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Okay, cool. Let me know if it happens again, and, if possible, pm/mail me the NZB file.
quassum

Post by quassum »

Hmail wrote:
quassum wrote: No idea if this would be the correct thread, but does anyone know of a Handle NZB, or Handle NZB-like program, for Mac by any chance?
Well, to be honest, I finished my QT-based version a couple of weeks before, but didn't have the time to release it. (releasing would mean, creating some kind of .tar.gz file and a cmake script to build it.. I've never done that before). I know QT-based software can run on Mac systems, but I'm not sure if I have to make a .dmg myself. I don't have mac systems here. But if you are interested in the source code to compile it, let me know :)
Pretty new to Mac systems myself as well, sure am still very interested though!
ripclaw

Post by ripclaw »

Any plans to add https support?
pinpoint

Post by pinpoint »

The only bug im having with 5.2.rc1 is that the name field keeps getting an [1] added to the end of it for some reason

any reason why its doing that?
Nevadablue

Post by Nevadablue »

Hello @all

need update of this gread addon pls!!! I Love it but in don't work with Subnzb+ v 0.6.5 on my Qnap.

G NEv
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Weird. It does work for me on 0.6.5. I figured I was the only one who was still using it :D
Do you get an error message or something?

I didn't see the previous messages before. I'll see if I can add https support. The [1] I don't know about, I don't have that issue. Is there anyone else having this issue?
Nevadablue

Post by Nevadablue »

maybe it have problems whith the Category's.
1.Sabnzb 0.6.5 have no Categorys so i had to add this.
2. I have no Username and Password for my web join subnzbd+

could this be the problem ?