Handle NZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Handle NZB

Post by Hmail »

I get frustrated by small things. Big things might concern me, but most of my frustration comes from these small little things, that don't go as I think they can go. Like this:
I use Usenet to download movies, music, and more. With a few coins per month, I get easy access to a lot of stuff. To download a movie from Usenet, you need an application which downloads the content you requested. The tools I use the most are SABnzbd and GrabIT. In my situation, SABnzbd is installed on a Linux home server, and GrabIT is installed on my Windows computer. Why? Well, sometimes the server is a littlebit slower, because it handles the backups for me and my roommates, or it simply doesn't work, because I screwed something up. So from time to time, I want to choose between these options.
Another thing which annoys me is that I can't decide for each download where it needs to be stored. Both tools just download to a directory with the name from the .nzb file (which is an xml containing data to download everything). This is nice, but a lot of nzb's have stupid names. If I look in my leeched-network-drive, I see 9 folders with only numbers. I don't have a clue what's inside, so if I want to view something, I have to open each dir to check if it's inside there, and then there are these dirs which contains characters, but don't tell what's inside. Like "EXX4_CALL". This is something I downloaded before, but I don't know wat. Well, this annoys me, and I thought there has to be a better way.
I also started using categories from SABnzbd, and I thought it might be nice to select a category before I downloaded something.

So.. ladies and gentlemen.. without further ado: This is why I created Handle NZB. This little tool lets you download an NZB with a name you provide. You can select a category for your download, and you can choose between SABnzbd and another application!

Download it here!
Or, mirror by Ifan: (Not mirrored yet)

Notice: This tool is compatible with SABnzbd 0.5.2 RC1 and older versions (including the 0.5.0 final)! If you still have the original version running, remove and install HandleNZB-0.4.9
Notice 2: The tool might not associate .nzb files when you have GrabIT installed. If so, associate it manually (right click an nzb file, and choose Open With -> Choose Default Program). Also in GrabIT, don't forget to deselect the option "Associate NZB files with GrabIT" (which you can find in the Edit->Preferences dialog).
Last edited by Hmail on April 24th, 2010, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
computer

Re: Handle NZB

Post by computer »

Nice work I am testing it now  ;D
Last edited by computer on January 31st, 2009, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweat

Post by sweat »

Not working here :(
Using windows 7, says its uploading but nothing in the queue....
I do like the idea, using WHS(Windows Home Server) to download. Now i can add NZB files from any place, if i get it working..:D
Last edited by sweat on February 9th, 2009, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Well, I don't have Windows 7, but I bet I can get that somewhere. I'm currently working on a Linux version (which should be compiling in Windows as well), but I guess the C# version will be a lot easier to fix in Windows 7.

I'll let you know :)
sweat

Post by sweat »

Thnx allot!
This app sounds just great..
If you want to i can host a simple website with a mirror and info/screenshots.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Well, that would be nice. It's not that the tool is extremely popular, and I get complains from my host, but just in case something goes down, it would be nice to have a mirror :)

(Downloading Windows 7 Beta right now)
sweat

Post by sweat »

useless post :x editted
Last edited by sweat on February 9th, 2009, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Well, it wasn't that useless :D
Allright, I ran Windows 7 in VirtualBox, but I couldn't find any errors. Everything worked as expected, however, somewhat slower than it does on Vista. But if it's actually never working in Windows 7, it might have something to do because it's running on a physical machine. I currently have Kubuntu, opensuse, Windows XP and Windows Vista all together on one machine, so I'm running a bit out of diskspace to actually install Windows 7.

I tried HTTP Debugger Pro on Vista, while submitting the file to sabnzbd from my VirtualBox, and didn't find anything different from Windows 7. However, I couldn't get it working on Windows 7, because the installer doesn't work there (it doesn't run in compatibility mode either).
If you want to help out figuring why it doesn't work, I would love to receive a log from the HTTP header you are sending to your sabnzbd server. If you get HTTP Debugger Pro working (just a trial, but gives a good log), and would like to send me this log, that would be great.

But.. I did find some small mistakes in my code, which could lead to some small problems. So I build it again on Windows 7, and I hope this works for you. You can find the new executable here (right click -> Save As -> select your Handle NZB installation directory).

If this doesn't work either, I would like to get a few answers on these questions:
- Do you run sabnzbd on IIS or Apache?
- Do you have the same problem if you try to upload a small nzb? (just download a simple file instead of a complete collection)
- Does it run in another operating system? (XP or Vista)
- And of course, if you can, I would love to get a log from the HTTP headers.
Last edited by Hmail on February 9th, 2009, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweat

Post by sweat »

Great! Its working!
I love this app, ill mail you tomorrow about the mirror.

Thank you very very very very much!
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Cool, thanks for trying and letting me know :)
I'm going to create a new installer to prevent this for the next one.

My mail adress is hidden as far as I know, but you can just PM me :)
sweat

Post by sweat »

Huhm i see..ill just PM then ;)
ferno

Post by ferno »

Hi Great app.

Works fine!

On thing I would like added is the option to add a priority to it (example tot of queue or not).
Also the deletion of the nzb from the tem folder after successful submition to sabnzd.

For the rest this one is a gem and side by side with the vista sidebar gadget it handles all myt sabnzb needs, almost do not touch the webgui anymore. :)
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Oh, well.. I'm kind of late replying to this topic, I'm sorry, thought I would be notified of new replies.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm currently working to get Handle NZB working with the secret key.

I'm afraid I can't add a priority option, because the API (currently) doesn't support it, as far as I know. According to the wiki, there will be an option to use priorities in SABnzbd 0.5. But that one is finished as soon as the developers are ready, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

(Not that I don't trust the developers, but I bet it won't be ready in a few minutes :P)
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Well, if you write code, you and God only knows what it does. A couple of days later, and only God knows.
It took me quite a while, did also some code rewrite so it wouldn't take this long to implement the changes for version 0.5, and created a new installer. You can find the download in the topic start. This version works with SABnzbd+ 0.4.9 and before.

Please, I tested this roughly, and it should work, but if it doesn't for whatever reason, just give me a note. In this topic, or by PM. Thanks!

Have fun with SABnzbd+ 0.4.9 and HandleNZB-0.4.9!
semel

Post by semel »

When i choose open with sabnzb(check the screenshot) i get this error
[redacted. crop your search results out of your screenshot next time]

ALso i havent found where i should put api key i handlenzb?
I chcked config but there is only usual stuff
Last edited by inpheaux on May 8th, 2009, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.