Anorak (Sickbeard for Anime)

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
GrandpaTetrapod

Anorak (Sickbeard for Anime)

Post by GrandpaTetrapod »

Just wanted to give a heads up to the community. I've developed from scratch a Sickbeard-like (yes I'm aware of the fork) web application for managing downloads of anime. It's nothing as fancy or feature complete (it's pretty bare-bones) as Sickbeard but it should get the job done.

Here's a list of features I've currently completed:
Searching hooked into anidb.net. It gathers information from it for episodes and air-dates.
Snatching is powered by fanzub.com.
You can specify at release group/subbing group for downloads.
Daemon thread that runs in the background checking for new episodes on a schedule.
Locations for moving the content to their respective folders is entered on a show-by-show basis with no file-picker (like I said bare-bones).
SABnzbd script.

I don't really have any plans beyond the very basic features I have here. No plans for scanning or XBMC integration (though since it'll be open source you're welcome to contribute).

A picture of a basic listing for a series.

You can find the current version on GitHub https://github.com/GrandpaTetrapod/Anorak
Last edited by GrandpaTetrapod on February 26th, 2014, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpn

Re: Anorak (Sickbeard for Anime)

Post by cpn »

Hey nice one, looking forward to this, if you need some testing meanwhile i'd be up for it.

Cheers
Asterne

Post by Asterne »

I'm very interested, myself. As a new user of usenet (and a frequent watcher of anime) this would be very useful to me.
GrandpaTetrapod

I've pushed Anorak to a repo on GitHub. It's currently working and it satisfies my bare minimum standard with a minor catch that I'll fix when I get to it. I've only tested it on OS X so your luck may vary.
Asterne

Post by Asterne »

I'm on OS X anyway, so it shouldn't bother me. Out of curiosity, what's the "minor catch"?
GrandpaTetrapod

Honestly I can't recall. I've fixed quite a few things since I've posted it. If it's anything it's that the regex (I borrowed the regex from the Sickbeard for Anime) has issues with distinguishing releases that release both 10bit and 8bit versions.
Tower1984

Post by Tower1984 »

"Just a quick question: is there a way to choose ANY group. Say I want to add a show that hasn't been picked up by a group or even aired yet, how can I add something like that so an episode is waiting for me when it does finally get out there?"

Seemed you were a bit more active on this forum then the reddit post. This was a question from the user alstair on reddit, however I too was curious of the same thing! Lastly do you have an auto-start script you would recommend?

Thanks again, really like it thus far, I've been searching for an Anime solution for some time.
TazgodX

Post by TazgodX »

Excellent, just what i was hoping would come out!

Thanks for the great work! hopefully you continue to develop this!

Couple quick things, I like to use FileBot to rename and move my Anime, so i wrote up a small script for that and wanted to use that. your program hard codes your rename script in it, so i had to change that. for anyone else looking ; anorak/sabnzbd.py line 43 'params["script"] = "sabToAnorak.py"' change the sabToAnorak.py to your scripts name.
don't know if you script does anything extra than renaming and moving, but i just prefer FileBot.

if you use the UDP AniDB api they can pull a list of known groups who released certain anime, couldn't you just make that a drop down list to help eliminate the possiblity of a mistype?

I tried adding Steins;Gate. It adds fine, and looks to be ok, but when trying to search it throws an error. Ive changed the search term to "Steins Gate" and still get an error. not sure if its the ";" in the original name or something worse.

I have also found setting the "search Frequency" in settings to 60 is much more stable.

There is no option for "any" release group as the last guy pointed out, would be nice option for those series not yet started and we don't know who will cover them.