myNZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
misterbeauds

Re: myNZB

Post by misterbeauds »

Ok, I have tried and TRIED to get this app to work, but it always "times out" when I open it. I have SABNZBD running on port 1818, have a UN and PW enabled and the API key enabled. I also have no-ip running on the machine with SAB on it to update the ip all the time. On the iphone client I have checked and rechecked my settings to no avail! They are exactly the same as what is presented in the general settings tab of SAB and for the host I have the DNS host presented from No-IP. What am I doing wrong? I am going nuts! Do I need a port forward of port 1818 on my router to the ip address of the machine running SAB? HELP!! THanks. ???
Cyklik

Post by Cyklik »

Boron wrote: Ok! I got it! It is working now...  ::)
Boron (or anyone else who has worked through this error), could you tell us what you did to get it working?

I've been using SABnzbd+ just fine on my Windows machine for a couple of weeks now and have had no problems connecting to it with myNZB. I am putting together a fileserver with ubuntu and have SABnzbd+ working on it. I can connect to the SABnzbd+ interface from a remote computer and with Safari on my iphone, but I get the following error whenever I try to use myNZB:
Unable to connect to SABnzbd (can't find host)

Any help would be much appreciated, I'd like to get this working on my fileserver.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

myNZB wrote: Here a thread for myNZB :)
so is this solely for managing newzbin account from iphone ? I havent gotten into newzbin so i'm out of luck there but i use tvnzb and nzb.org and i wonder if they're supported in this app. is newzbin all that much better than rest that it get little dev's love ?

otherwise myNZB and its iphone integration sounds sweet.
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Hi wally007,

myNZB supports TvNZB, hopefully i'll be adding more support for more sites :)
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

Cool , thanks for response. I'll wait for more sites or newzbin to open the gates.

I read on applstore that it includes queue management , so it supports dragging up and down item and/or assigning category in queue ?
moontan

Post by moontan »

i finally updated my iphone to 3.0 and am glad to see this working

is there any plans to add support to view/add/delete newzbin bookmarks?
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Hi moontan,

Newzbin bookmarking has been added to 0.3.2 which is testing phase :)
hsl

Post by hsl »

Just downloaded the application,.. it rocks!

A few suggestions:
- I want to set newzbin as default search engine so I don't get the question which site I want to use to search.
- I want to browse my newzbin savedsearches (I made bookmarks for 720p movie + tv series, quite handy :) ).
- I want to browse all the newzbin sections (I always search stuff while browsing)
pastaman

Post by pastaman »

I just got a unlimited donwload plan from my new isp so i went on a new hunt.
Normally i use newsleecher with supersearch and NZBmatrix vip.

Now i discovered SABnzbd+ and for my iPhone MyNZB ! Installed myself iWol to wake my pc over the internet,
all works great !!!
One thing i would like to see is NZBmatrix search option in MyNZB.

Besides that superb work ! Thx ;)
wyd1
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wyd1 »

pastaman wrote: I just got a unlimited donwload plan from my new isp so i went on a new hunt.
Normally i use newsleecher with supersearch and NZBmatrix vip.

Now i discovered SABnzbd+ and for my iPhone MyNZB ! Installed myself iWol to wake my pc over the internet,
all works great !!!
One thing i would like to see is NZBmatrix search option in MyNZB.

Besides that superb work ! Thx ;)
I agree, nzbmatrix would be so nice
hobo

Post by hobo »

Just in case anyone else has this problem - I entered in the correct newzbin & sab information in the myNZB settings... was able to search reports from newzbin and click the add button ("has been added to que"), but it didn't go anywhere. sab was erroring:
2009-09-23 15:07:33,973 ERROR [sabnzbd] Error Fetching msgid 5113465 from www.newzbin.com - Please make sure your Username and Password are set
The solution is that sab needs your newzbin login to download the report!
Boron

Post by Boron »

Cyklik wrote:
Boron wrote: Ok! I got it! It is working now...  ::)
Boron (or anyone else who has worked through this error), could you tell us what you did to get it working?

I've been using SABnzbd+ just fine on my Windows machine for a couple of weeks now and have had no problems connecting to it with myNZB. I am putting together a fileserver with ubuntu and have SABnzbd+ working on it. I can connect to the SABnzbd+ interface from a remote computer and with Safari on my iphone, but I get the following error whenever I try to use myNZB:
Unable to connect to SABnzbd (can't find host)

Any help would be much appreciated, I'd like to get this working on my fileserver.

My problem with MyNzb was that i tried to enter the full address (like http://...), but you just have to enter the server. Without http:// in front of it. Was driving me crazy! Other than that I use DynDNS so I won't have to enter a new IP everytime I recieve a new one.
meemorize

Post by meemorize »

I love this app and have been using it since v0.2 but the creator needs a website with some instructions with links in the itunes store.
sverzijl

Post by sverzijl »

Hi, just bought the MyNZB app to also be able to add downloads when I'm on the road. I like it a lot, works great for TvNzb.
Unfortunately I have no Newzbin account, for which you need an invite in order to be allowed to pay (anyone have any idea to why this is ?).

Does anyone perhaps have an invite left for newzbin ? If you do, I'd appreciate it very much if you could send this to sv_spam(at)xs4all.nl

To the maker of this handy tool, do you do feature requests ? :) I'd love to see the 'history' page of SABnzb+ so I can see what's all been downloaded already. If this can be added, the app would be even more perfect ;)
[edit] Just noticed that History functionality is not in current SABnzbd API yet, but will be available in 0.5. So I guess it's waiting for that to be released first.
Last edited by sverzijl on September 28th, 2009, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

version 0.3.2 has been submitted :D