myNZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
slother

Re: myNZB

Post by slother »

myNZB wrote: Any new suggestions/features or nzb sites for next version??
Great App!  Thanks for all the updates and all your hard work.

I had to rack my brain to think of some kind of feature that I would love to see;  the only thing I could think of is maybe a option to save some searches, or to list the last 5 searchs maybe?  I know I'm always typing in the name of a show and then an episode number, it'd be great to have say a list of the past searches Ive done.

Maybe its as easy as adding in a drop down kind of menu in the search bar or what, i have no idea...

Its not really a big deal, its just the only thing i could think of to add to this great app.  I use it daily.  In conjuction with Air Video I have every video I have or could want at my fingertips.
coatezy

Post by coatezy »

I really can't think of anything to improve mynzb! It's perfect for what I need.. Not sure it can be made much better? Guess the only little thing would be the bottom icons I.e search etc. On the iPhone 4 they don't look quite right. But that is major nit picking! Keep up the good work! :)
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

I'd like to see feature where you can search once and get top 15 - 25 - 50 results from each configured source/site.

So if i want to search for "linux" i dont have to search nzbs.org , nzbmatrix , nzbindex separately but i'd like to see results on one page.
pastaman

Post by pastaman »

A friend of mine was looking for a Top chart of what is most downloaded the past x days. That way you get like a Top 50 list or something.
You can sort NZBmatrix on "hits" and then in advance search activate "max days old" and set that to 10 or something, also put search on a category like HD movies only. That way you get a Top chart of the past 10 days of HD movies. Very handy to discover good new movies, series,...

Don't know if it is possible to implement this into myNZB to create such charts for a category of choice.
Vdub

Post by Vdub »

Maybe it has been mentioned before but, a feature where you can save searches to run for index sites available in the GUI? This would be very similar to the saved search feature available at e.g. NZBMatrix.

Great app! Took some reading to set up properly though so a simple step-by-step instruction would be of great help for inexperienced users. I managed to get it working with setting up a dynamic dns :)
Vdub

Post by Vdub »

Some more feature requests:

- Link to imbd + rating available directly in the GUI for movies when you click a title from the search result. I guess TV-shows could be linked to a similar service? To save bandwith this feature would be possible to deselect in settings

- Download button directly available from the search result so you don´t have to click the title in order to download

Again, great app, keep going with the improvements :)
stigkj

Post by stigkj »

Hi,

As my machine is only accessible through ssh, it would be great if there would be an option for opening an ssh connection through which the communication with SABnzbd could go.

Regards,
Stig
lanalang

Post by lanalang »

stigkj wrote: Hi,

As my machine is only accessible through ssh, it would be great if there would be an option for opening an ssh connection through which the communication with SABnzbd could go.

Regards,
Stig
Y
+1
it will be very useful
Dman

Post by Dman »

Hi,
I have a little problem everything for the app loaded, server is correct I can see the files on the server

But when i try to get anything from nzbmatrix it tells me that my user name in incorrect.

I changed the API key two time still no luck.

I didn't try any other sites because that's all I use.

Thanks in advance
jollerbarn

Post by jollerbarn »

Hi,

MyNZB crashes on my iPhone 4 and iPad when I load the app. After a bit of tinkering around I found it to be caused by my fairly large history.db on sabnzbd+ (I'm running newest version: 0.54). My history.db-file is nearly 500k and after deleting my history and starting over the app works fine. I'd love to keep my history though - so if it's possible is there any way you can look at this issue? For me it's very simple to repro:

1) Create very large history.db of >400k
2) Put history.db in sabnzbd+ /admin directory
3) Load mynzb
4) Observe that it crashes

Thanks,
Jesper
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Jesper,

history.db full of random data?

Thanks for that i'll look into that tonight :)
salidapooh

Post by salidapooh »

Can someone please help.  I am not sure how this app works.  I have SAB 0.5.4 and run off of usenet server.  When I enter the data on my iphone settings, I'm not sure what to put.  What name do I use, which port, and I believe I use for the host news.usenetserver.com?  I keep getting a connection was lost or unable to connect-timed out. Thanks in advance for the input.

EDIT
Nevermind.  Thanks to you Hyperal...it looks like I'm an idiot as well.  Nice to know I have company.  Changed localhost to IP address and it now works.  Idiots of the world unite!
Last edited by salidapooh on September 15th, 2010, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
lanalang

Post by lanalang »

I havé a suggestion for a new feature :
Put the number of new rss on the icon dock. Or on the rss tab icon
Robikonobi
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Robikonobi »

Lately, when I trigger downloads via mynzb, I noticed that somes downloads are failing and I receive a message that says "disk error on creating file."  Upon some research, I discovered that myNZB may be feeding illegal characters into the sabnzbd API; hence, sabnzbd is trying to create files/folders with  illegal characters which causes the download to fail.  I know they are adding a check into future versions of sabnzbd (see below) to detect these instances; however, it may be a while before it is released, and I'm not sure if the proposed fix is simply to reject the request or to replace the illegal characters.  Is there anything that you can do on the frontend (i.e. mynzb) to detect and replace the illegal characters that are being fed into the sabnzbd API?  I think even after they fix the backend (by rejecting these requests), we may still run into problems until it is addressed within mynzb to actually replace the characters.  Hope you can help.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/sabnzbd/+bug/625260
alterim

Post by alterim »

hello all!

i recently replaced grabit with sabnzbd+ and think it's brilliant! however, with the mynzb application i can't seem to get newzleech search working. it's greyed out. infact all of the searches are greyed out apart from nzbindex and nzbclub. i wonder if someone can tell my why this is? i have been using newzleech for nzb downloads for years and it's free and doesn't require registration, i just wondered why it wasn't working properly in this app? sorry if i've missed something here.. any help is appreciated.

mike