myNZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
daprev47

Re: myNZB

Post by daprev47 »

Sorry please allow a stupid question. Does this (combined with the sabnzdb app) allow me to download files to my iPad?
vectorburn

Post by vectorburn »

daprev47 wrote: Sorry please allow a stupid question. Does this (combined with the sabnzdb app) allow me to download files to my iPad?
it does not. it allows for nzb searching and sending to one or more remote servers.

that said, it's fantastic. if you have a server set-up and an ipad (or ios device), it's so worth the little bit of configuring and usd1.
Last edited by vectorburn on October 25th, 2010, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Hi,

Version 0.4.5 will be submitted in the next few days, gotta to some final testing and clean up some code :).

Here is a quick break down of updates:-
- Specify a category to search in NZBMatrix Search.
- Browse NZBMatrix/NZBs'R'US RSS feeds.
- View Newzbin webpage for more detailed information.
- You can now hold down on item to add to queue, if you don’t want to go into the item information and press the + button (only works with iOS 3.2+ due to API used).
- Backup and restore settings via iTunes file sharing (only available with iOS 3.2 or later).
- Edit MEDIAnzb RSS feeds (webpage interface).
Zendar

Post by Zendar »

One feature i'd really dig would be viewable .nfo-files. I love watching movies in their original language, but i need english subs. I normally read the nfo everytime to find out if the subs are included.

Apart from that it is a great product.
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Version 0.4.5 has been submitted :)
TheBiGW
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by TheBiGW »

I'd like to see multitasking added, along with proper badge support. Would be great to have, say, 5 things in the queue and have the badge show '5', and have the number decrease in 'real time' (or at the interval you set) so you can track the progress of your downloads without having to fire up the whole app
CloudDweller

Post by CloudDweller »

I've been using myNZB for a month or so now and I love the app.  The UI is very clean and the apps both fast and stable.  I would however like to see the following features and sorry if these have already been discussed.

The ability to view NFO's with NZBMatrix
The ability to view comments with NZBMatrix
Better multitasking support so if I search for something and switch apps, when I return I don't have to enter the search again
Quick pause and speed options (5, 10, 15, 30 mins / 100Mb, 200Mb, 400Mb etc...)

I do hope that the first two are on the road map as these two features would be really great and it looks like they are already implemented when searching Newzbin.
spacerobot

Post by spacerobot »

I'm having a hard time getting this app working. I followed vdubs guide and have everything correct.

HOST: My external IP not the 192.168 IP
PORT 8080
username and password that I set in sabnzbd
Enable API Key = On
APIKey is copied and pasted so I know it is correct.
HTTPS = OFF

I have Port 8080 forwarded on my router to my 192.168 IP of my dekstop which is running sabnzbd.
When I Launch myNZB it just sits there refreshing and eventually times out.

I have an iPhone 3GS version4.1. I am using sabnzbd version 0.5.4.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
spacerobot

Post by spacerobot »

Actually it worked fine from my iphone once I got to work today. I'm not sure if it is something stopping me from using it while I'm in my home network. I'll have to do some checking when I get home today. I'm loving it so far though. This is a must have app IMO.
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

still in review :(
olufs3n

Post by olufs3n »

spacerobot wrote: I'm having a hard time getting this app working. I followed vdubs guide and have everything correct.

HOST: My external IP not the 192.168 IP
PORT 8080
username and password that I set in sabnzbd
Enable API Key = On
APIKey is copied and pasted so I know it is correct.
HTTPS = OFF

I have Port 8080 forwarded on my router to my 192.168 IP of my dekstop which is running sabnzbd.
When I Launch myNZB it just sits there refreshing and eventually times out.

I have an iPhone 3GS version4.1. I am using sabnzbd version 0.5.4.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
A lot of times when you copy, you would leave a space behind. go into your application and check there isn't a space
Lamsik

Post by Lamsik »

i hope the crash bug is fixed. for so odd reason, mynzb was working for me up until a few weeks ago. i'm not too sure what changed, i looked over everything that i could think of with no success.

with no server information entered, the app seems to start with no problems and no crashes. once server information is entered (the exact information that allowed me to use mynzb and sabnzbd for the last couple of weeks prior to all the crashes), i've seen crashes on my ipad and crashes on my iphone. i really hope this was addressed. seems like i'm not alone which is good to know. reading over lots of the reviews on the appstore, many people are experiencing this problem with app crashing as well.

thanks.
Milwo

Post by Milwo »

Why oh why can I not get this thing to work? I am running a brand new ipod touch with the latest iOS and MyNZB. I have followed the instructions below, tried with the internal (192. . .) and the external IP (84. . .) addresses. In both cases I get an error: "server with the specified hostname could not be found". I believe the router listens to port 8080 fine, because I can access the computer running the sab from other computers in the LAN, using that very port.

I'd love this thing to work, but what is wrong?

Cheers,

Mika.
Vdub wrote: Short guide on how to get myNZB working (not HTTPS) on your iPhone.

1. Start SABnzbd on the PC you want to control through myNZB
2. Navigate to Config > General
3. Set the SABnzbd Host to: 0.0.0.0 (allow remote access)
4. Set the SABnzbd Port to: 8080 (or something else, as long as you forward this port in your firewall)
5. Set a Username and Password in the Web server authentication groupbox and save

Now, it´s time to configure the myNZB application.

6. Navigate to Settings in your iPhone > [scroll down] > click the myNZB icon
7. Click on Server 1
8. Name: Enter a descriptive name for the server
9. Host: Enter the IP address of the PC running SABnzbd. Note that this should be the external IP, not the internally assigned one (if you are running a router)
10. Port: Enter the port as set in SABnzbd (see step 4)
11. Username: Enter the username as set in SABnzbd (see step 5)
12. Password: Enter the password as set in SABnzbd (see step 5)
13. Enable the API key option
14. API Key: Enter the API key that is set in SABnzbd (Config > General)
15. Click the myNZB back button in the upper left corner to return to settings for myNZB
16. DONE

There are separate settings for the different NZB indexing sites in myNZB. This should not be too difficult to set up. If asked for an API Key (e.g. NZBMatrix), this refers to the API Key for your account at NZBMatrix, not the one in SABnzbd.

Hope that anyone that found it difficult getting the application to work can make use of the steps above. Feel free to correct or add to the step-by-step instructions.
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

0.4.5 has been released!
ac3

Post by ac3 »

0.45 is great!!  Thanks

this is money well spend