myNZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
EricJD

Re: myNZB

Post by EricJD »

dan44762000 wrote: i have it working fine over my wi-fi connection ,  how do i get it set up so i can search nzb matrix and download files while i am out and about over 3g  ? ??   or is it not possible ?>

tried searching nzb matrix through 3g and got no results but got the results through wi-fi
is this normal ? ? ? ?

thanks daniel
You'll have to forward whatever port sabnzbd is using through your router, then connect with myNZB using your external IP address.
dan44762000

Post by dan44762000 »

EricJD wrote:
dan44762000 wrote: i have it working fine over my wi-fi connection ,  how do i get it set up so i can search nzb matrix and download files while i am out and about over 3g  ? ??   or is it not possible ?>

tried searching nzb matrix through 3g and got no results but got the results through wi-fi
is this normal ? ? ? ?

thanks daniel
You'll have to forward whatever port sabnzbd is using through your router, then connect with myNZB using your external IP address.

right its using 8080 port !  and i went to this site and it has given me my ip address but dont know if it is legit
the site for ip address  http://portforward.com/networking/route ... ddress.htm
i am then given the following options with my hub manager
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35628083@N03/5618287565/

please help me fill these in right !
also if i am connecting fine over wi-fi do i need to change the bit on mynzb where it says host ? ? i have them set atm and they work fine over wi-fi ! but not on 3g ....

thanks and sorry i am such a noob !

its sorted now ! after a long google session ! but still cant search nzbmatrix over 3g !
Last edited by dan44762000 on April 15th, 2011, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
knolan

Post by knolan »

Matty Zee wrote: I have the same issue with NZBIndex. I only had the app for a few days and it was working great. Then I 'upgraded' and now nzbindex doesn't work from mynzb. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but that did nothing.

Please fix this issue. This app is useless to me now...
(alternatively, is there a way to roll back to the previous version?)
Same here--this is completely useless right now! Please roll back to the previous version until you can get this fixed.  I like the size filtering, but not at the cost of not being able to queue anything!
pburns

Post by pburns »

@myNZB: Still reading along?

Please fix the NZBindex.nl bug...
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Hi,

i'm working on an update, have very little spare time at the moment :(
nycghost

Post by nycghost »

Short guide on how to get myNZB working (not HTTPS) on your iPhone.

1. Start SABnzbd on the PC you want to control through myNZB
2. Navigate to Config > General
3. Set the SABnzbd Host to: 0.0.0.0 (allow remote access)
4. Set the SABnzbd Port to: 8080 (or something else, as long as you forward this port in your firewall)
5. Set a Username and Password in the Web server authentication groupbox and save

Now, it´s time to configure the myNZB application.

6. Navigate to Settings in your iPhone > [scroll down] > click the myNZB icon
7. Click on Server 1
8. Name: Enter a descriptive name for the server
9. Host: Enter the IP address of the PC running SABnzbd. Note that this should be the external IP, not the internally assigned one (if you are running a router)
10. Port: Enter the port as set in SABnzbd (see step 4)
11. Username: Enter the username as set in SABnzbd (see step 5)
12. Password: Enter the password as set in SABnzbd (see step 5)
13. Enable the API key option
14. API Key: Enter the API key that is set in SABnzbd (Config > General)
15. Click the myNZB back button in the upper left corner to return to settings for myNZB
16. DONE

There are separate settings for the different NZB indexing sites in myNZB. This should not be too difficult to set up. If asked for an API Key (e.g. NZBMatrix), this refers to the API Key for your account at NZBMatrix, not the one in SABnzbd.

Hope that anyone that found it difficult getting the application to work can make use of the steps above. Feel free to correct or add to the step-by-step instructions.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Just want to thank you for this post VDub...I was starting to get really frustrated and it got me a working app. I appreciate YOU  ;D!!
Ayla
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Ayla »

Devs,

I just bought this app and it crashes constantly, sorry, I really want to like it, but feel like I just wasted my money :(

I'm using an iPad 2 WIFI and the latest iOS software update. Also using the latest SABnzbd (0.6.0 RC2).

It happens when refreshing the queue, when searching, and when doing nothing, just leaving the app open, hmm.

Sorry to sound harsh, but I hope you have a solution :)

Thanks
Martin
Ayla
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Ayla »

Update: I have reduced my History Limit in the myNZB settings to 25 instead of All (it doesn't seem as crash prone now, I will test further).
Vdub

Post by Vdub »

Just want to thank you for this post VDub...I was starting to get really frustrated and it got me a working app. I appreciate YOU  ;D!!
Glad you found the guide useful  :)
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

i'll be bug bashing over the weekend :) and hopefully have a update out soon :)
pburns

Post by pburns »

How was the bugbashing weekend? Any progress?
adrianxx

Post by adrianxx »

Hi great work on MyNZB. Worth every dollar. If you could P L E A S E add saved searches for www.nzbs.org then the app would be 10 times more awesome. Thanks again.
adrianxx

Post by adrianxx »

Also another issue is if you click download, you should be redirected to the download status page. Currently you still stay on the same page and if u tap on download twice accidentally, you send 2x nzbs to your SABnzbd and it downloads twice.
overbyrn

Post by overbyrn »

davem7 wrote: Just downloaded your app, looks great. However you might think about adding an option for connections. I run my sabnzbd instance through a proxy so that I can put it in a non-root directory of my webserver, so that I access it through:

http://my-url.com/sabnzbd/

As far as I can see, there's no way to set this as a connection option in myNZB. Whilst I can get around the problem using virtual domains or whatever, this is my preferred way of having things set up. So if you could add an option for "root path" or whatever you want to call it, that would be great.
+1

Any chance you'd consider adding this facility? 
knolan

Post by knolan »

It has been 2 months since the broken 4.7 release that queues invalid URLs.  Are you ever going to fix this?  Could you please put 4.6 back up in the meantime?  Otherwise this app is completely useless!