myNZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
stanpete

Re: myNZB

Post by stanpete »

Doju wrote: I have this as my settings. It still won't work. I changed SABnzbd+'s settings to have no API key required, and I changed the host it should look for from localhost to the IP address. Port is still 8080.
1. Is this really your IP address ? Sorry, to say this but you don't seem to know a lot about networking. Excuse me if I'm wrong.
2. Did you set your router/firewall to forward incoming traffic on port 8080 to the PC that SAB runs on ?
3. In case this is PC and not a real server - test it in your LAN first. Your SAB PC has it's own local IP address (like 192.168.0.2 for example) , so use this  one.

SABnzbdX wasn't this hard to set up. I'm tempted to ask for a refund.
It is definitely not hard to set up. You just need some basic networking knowledge.
Doju

Post by Doju »

Oh, I have basic knowledge, but the developer was too lazy to include a basic setup manual or tutorial.

Anyway, that's what www.whatismyip.com said.

How do I do #2? I have an Apple Time Capsule that I run SABnzb+ from. If it matters, I ran SABnzbdX without any change of settings.
fakeyfakerson

Post by fakeyfakerson »

Well first things first you need to be able to make sabnzbd accessible from a remote location. Once you're able to control your sabnzbd from, say, another computer in your house, then work on getting it working for the iphone. This app was intended for those who already have their sabnzbd set up to work remotely, but a tutorial included in the app would probably be appreciated.
substyle

Post by substyle »

Doju you are hilarious. I don't usually flame but you have to be the stupidest person on these forums and trying to blame your stupidity on the creator of this app.

Use of Sabnzbd requires 2 things. 1: not being a complete moron, and 2: RTFM.

Seriously, how do you expect your iphone to find "localhost" through the internet and somehow connect to your home PC. Even on your home wifi connection, does "localhost" sound like a descriptive way to locate something on a network? It even contains the word LOCAL. That's like telling a cab driver to take you home without giving him an address. Why would you for a second think that that might work?

Like I said, RTFM. I'd start here: http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/configure-general, ie the sabnzbd configuration manual that explains very clearly: 127.0.0.1 or [::1] or localhost = Access from this computer only.

You need to read that manual and learn how you are going to access sabnzbd through the internet from another computer. Once you understand that you only need to input the same information into mynzb. you can't ask the developer for a refund due to your own stupidity. the app works exactly as described.
Doju

Post by Doju »

fakeyfakerson wrote: Well first things first you need to be able to make sabnzbd accessible from a remote location. Once you're able to control your sabnzbd from, say, another computer in your house, then work on getting it working for the iphone. This app was intended for those who already have their sabnzbd set up to work remotely, but a tutorial included in the app would probably be appreciated.
And this is precisely what I meant.

I may not know a lot about networking, but the developer can take a couple minutes to write a damn setup page in the application. Practically every other utility does. It would be like buying a desk taken apart with no setup instructions. Don't be so damn lazy.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

Doju wrote:
fakeyfakerson wrote: Well first things first you need to be able to make sabnzbd accessible from a remote location. Once you're able to control your sabnzbd from, say, another computer in your house, then work on getting it working for the iphone. This app was intended for those who already have their sabnzbd set up to work remotely, but a tutorial included in the app would probably be appreciated.
And this is precisely what I meant.

I may not know a lot about networking, but the developer can take a couple minutes to write a damn setup page in the application. Practically every other utility does. It would be like buying a desk taken apart with no setup instructions. Don't be so damn lazy.
OUCH.
Doju

Post by Doju »

Honestly, what the heck is the deal with this?

On SAB on my PC I have host as 0.0.0.0. On my iPhone I have the host as the IP address listed at whatismyip.com (96.30.160.177). It still won't connect!!

Bar none my worst app purchase.
Last edited by Doju on November 3rd, 2009, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doju

Post by Doju »

Do I need to port forward or something? I'm using a Mac, so to my knowledge I have no firewall to worry about.
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

Yes, you will need to forward the ports  ::)
Camelot

Post by Camelot »

Doju: you may not have the firewall turned on on your mac, but you are quite likely connecting to the internet through a modem (and perhaps a wireless router aswell). These devices generally block all incoming connections, unless they have been initiated by a client on the local network, or if they have been specifically sanctioned (port forwarding).
Once you can access the sabnzbd web interface from a browser on a computer outside of your local network, it should be dead simple to get mynzb working.

Good luck!
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

Doju:
First of all - the author cannot tell you how to configure your router etc.
There are thousands of apps out there that require you to know your network infrastructure.

But anyway. Just try this first:
In SABnzbd's "General" Settings - enter 0.0.0.0 and 8080 as the default host and port.
Connect your Iphone to your wireless network (The same network that your SAB PC is in).
Then find out your local IP. Since you said SAB runs on a Mac - go to "System Preferences", "Network"
and see what IP this computer has. Maybe some thing like "192.168...."
Then enter that IP in MyNZB on your Iphone.

If this works, the next step would be to make it accessible from outside your network.
But just try it locally first.

st
substyle

Post by substyle »

he needs a step by step manual, so dont forget that the iphone needs to be on the home wifi network for the 192.168 ip to work. if wifi is turned off on the iphone it won't work
StirCwazy

Post by StirCwazy »

Just by pure dumb luck I found SABnzbd last night, and can I just say OH MY GOD!  I absolutely love it, and have already started spreading the word of its greatness.  After playing around for a bit I looked around for an iPhone app to work with it, and dear god there is one!  Needless to say this made my day.  I've been sitting at work playing with SABnzbd and myNZB all day.  This will make life so much easier, not to mention it's just hella cool.  So to the creators of both apps, awesome work!

Next, my shameless plea for an invite (or some info or both).  I love TvNZB, use it a lot.  I don't however use Newzbin.  So to start using it I'll obviously need an invite.  I've read most of this particular post, not all so please forgive if I missed it, but has there been word on other NZB sites being added?  I currently use NZBsRus, it's free.  I've been hiding under a rock and totally forgot about Newzbin, but still I'd like to see more options in myNZB for different sites.

Again, sorry if I missed something in the post but it is getting pretty big.  So if there's an invite you can share, I'd greatly appreciate it.  If there's some info you can provide on any of the comments please post a response.

As for invites, if you can offer one please let me know and I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks!
dillytaint

Multiple servers and switching between them

Post by dillytaint »

Is there a way to switch between the 3 configured servers while inside the app?  I can only change by going into the settings and changing the default server.  If this isn't possible I'd like to request it, maybe by tapping the current server bar near the top would bring up the list to choose which one to connect to?

This app is awesome btw  :D
substyle

Post by substyle »

i agree with the previous post. however, until it is implemented, what you could do (if you are running only 2 sab instances) is set one for bookmark retrieval from newzbin and the other for direct download thru mynzb. now each report i can just choose either add to bookmarks or add to queue, and it will trigger a download on a different sabnzbd instance depending on which one i choose...i find this works the best for me