myNZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

myNZB

Post by myNZB »

myNZB is a front-end for the popular SABnzbd+ application, it allows you to manage and control SABnzbd+ via your iPad, iPhone/iPod Touch and also use popular NZB sites such as NZBMatrix, NZBs.org, NZBIndex, MEDIAnzb, Newzbin, NZBs'R'US, NZBClub, binsearch & NZB.su.

Features:
- Shake to refresh.
- View server information & also restart/shutdown server.
- Pause & resume queue and individual item.
- Change speed limit.
- Change “Script/Priority/Category/Processing/Name” once item is in queue.
- Check warnings message(s).
- Auto-refresh (15s, 30s, 1m, 5m).
- HTTPS support.
- Multi-server support (you can add up to 3 servers and switch server in-app).
- Supported NZB sites NZBMatrix, NZBs.org, NZBIndex, MEDIAnzb, Newzbin, NZBs'R'US, NZBClub, binsearch & NZB.su.
- Manually add NZB/ZIP/RAR URL’s.
- Backup & restore settings via iTunes file sharing (only available with iOS 3.2 or later).
- And many more features…

SABnzbd quick setup guide - http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/quick-setup
SABnzbd User Manual - http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/
myNZB Support Forum - http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1792.0

Follow myNZB on twitter at http://twitter.com/myNZB

**** PLEASE NOTE ****

- Settings can edited by going to the Homescreen - Settings - myNZB
- myNZB has been tested on SABnzbd+ 0.5.5 & 0.5.6.
- NZBMatrix search results are limited to 15 returned results. This is due to NZBMatrix api not myNZB.
- To auto retrieve your SABnzbd API Key simply enable “Enable API Key” and leave “API Key” field blank. When myNZB starts up it will retrieve your key (maybe take a few moments depending on connection speed).
- iTunes File Sharing information can be found here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094

Download at the App Store (£1.79/$2.99/€2.39)
Last edited by myNZB on February 10th, 2011, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonG777

Re: myNZB

Post by BrandonG777 »

iPhone app for SABnzbd. Great app. Just wish I could get a little more info from newzbin with it but it's a great app and well worth $1 or $2 whatever he's charging for it.
Camelot

Post by Camelot »

I've been using this for the past couple of weeks; work quite well. Already made some bug reports/feature requests though (by email):
Would love to be able to see more information about the search results from newzbin like:
-comments
-size split up into archive size and par files

And a few feature requests:
-Be able to change sabnzbd's speed (not sure if the API supports this yet)
-re-arrange queue
-change post-process options for a download
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

+1. Cool app.

What I'd like "improved" would be

- Maybe add the newzbin search field to the main page - if you enter something you'll be taken to the newzbin controller - would improve usability.
- Being able to see the whole title somehow because sometimes the important info is cut off due to title length
- See language of a report

Thanks!
st

Oh and maybe charge a dollar more and donate the extra money to the sab dev team :-)
interfacelift

Post by interfacelift »

I'd like to see it be able to bookmark Newzbin reports instead of just send them to SAB. Due to my firewall situation, I can't access SAB from outside my LAN, but I can bookmark in Newzbin and have SAB pick it up...
waryo
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by waryo »

Great app!  My only complaint is for more report details, and maybe a way to look at the full embedded report  web page if you'd like to see even more details.
Last edited by waryo on February 20th, 2009, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fawkes

Post by fawkes »

Well since everyone seems to be adding their suggestions here so will I, in addition to my post in the other thread, I would like to see these features added too:

First the ability to start MyNZB in search mode since I often have my computer off yet wish to search Newzbin for what I might add later. This would also mean that MyNZB should not try connect to SABnzbd without me specifically asking it too. This brings me to my second suggestion, an option to disable auto-connect on startup so that MyNZB only connects when needed and when connected if there is nothing in the queue instead of giving a message box you must touch OK on, it should just say so on the main window and let you move on directly without having to touch the OK button.

There is one more this I would like to see, but I do not know if it is possible to do on the current platform and that is to have a thread working in the background which allows one to use the application while it tries to connect to SABnzbd in the background (I do not mean to have MyNZB running in the background because I know this isn't possible, but to a separate thread for the connection to SABnzbd working in the background).
stanpete wrote:Oh and maybe charge a dollar more and donate the extra money to the sab dev team :-)
Alternatively make a link to the SABnzbd donation page, although I feel this is a bit out of the scope for MyNZB :P
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Here are some screen shots from version 0.3, please note this is not the final version just playing around with ideas :)

(mod edit: screenshots unlinked, no longer active)
>
Last edited by shypike on October 13th, 2009, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonG777

Post by BrandonG777 »

Awesome. Nice to see the continued development. It would be REALLY nice to list all the attributes when doing a newzbin search. So my girlfriend will quit downloading stuff in french!  ;D
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

attributes will be included in newzbin search :)
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

Hooray.
BrandonG777 wrote: So my girlfriend will quit downloading stuff in french!  ;D
Worst thing ever: Hardcoded Dutch/French subs ;-)
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Any one else noticed that newzbin has now added word image that you have to type to login? this is really gonna put a hold on newzbin in myNZB
mtehonica
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by mtehonica »

myNZB wrote: Any one else noticed that newzbin has now added word image that you have to type to login? this is really gonna put a hold on newzbin in myNZB
I think I may have seen this before but this should only be happning if they detect you've exceeded a preset threshold of searches in a given time perious I believe. Might want to check with Newzbin directly on it. 
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

Haven't seen anything like this.
BrandonG777

Post by BrandonG777 »

Yeah nothing like that here either.