myNZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kompulsive

Re: myNZB

Post by kompulsive »

is there a central site for myNZB that we can use for reference or are we stuck with this thread and the the blurb on the app store?
yellownote

Post by yellownote »

This app is great, but it would be helpful if it gave more feedback when it's refreshing the info.

Keep up the development!
BennyHogan

Post by BennyHogan »

Been using SABnzbd for about a year and just got mynzb.  I have a few questions:
1.) Why don't u have other nzb sites accessible like binsearch, nzbs.org, etc.?? I've never had the opportunity to use newzbin....is it a whole lot better than these other sites?? I see they're is a free and premium option, does the free option let me do everything binsearch can??  I really don't wanna have to pay for a search engine when they're are so many free options to get the job done.
2.) Anyone with an invite to newzbin willing to send one to me so I can check it out?? matthewbmcgee at yahoo . com  I've introduced a ton of family/friends to SABnzbd and they love it, would like the ability to do the same with newzbin if it is a superior nzb search engine.  Right now mynzb doesn't provide much functionality for me because nzbmatrix requires a monthly fee for files uploaded 20+ days ago, and I have an .rss feed setup to auto-dl tv shows from tvnzb.....so all I can really use it for now is recently uploaded stuff on nzbmatrix.....I would love to use this app to its full potential

Thanks for reading,
Matt
fakeyfakerson

Post by fakeyfakerson »

So is nothing going to be done about backwards compatibility with 3.1.2? That's pretty damn disappointing if you ask me, there's no good reason not to. I refuse to upgrade to 3.1.3 until it's jailbroken, which is never going to happen, so until then I'm stuck with an old mynzb version. Hacking my phone to make it seem like 3.1.3 is just another headache that could potentially cause unwanted problems that are completely avoidable.
barrettj

Post by barrettj »

fakeyfakerson wrote: So is nothing going to be done about backwards compatibility with 3.1.2? That's pretty damn disappointing if you ask me, there's no good reason not to. I refuse to upgrade to 3.1.3 until it's jailbroken, which is never going to happen, so until then I'm stuck with an old mynzb version. Hacking my phone to make it seem like 3.1.3 is just another headache that could potentially cause unwanted problems that are completely avoidable.
It's actually really simple to use the fake firmware version: you install an app, restart (not re-spring, you actually have to power off), and you're done.  If you want to go back, just uninstall the app.  I've had zero problems using the fake firmware app since it came out and I use a ton of different apps.  You should really give it a try.
kamikaze

Post by kamikaze »

Haven't viewed this thread in a while, but was wondering if there's any plans to be able to search newzbin categories?  It would be nice if we could select things like language & resolution (720p, 1080p, etc).  That's about all this app is missing, imo.
Thanks
tylor

Post by tylor »

Also wondering if there are any plans to add any other sites like (nzbmatrix) in light of the recent news regarding Newzbin

???
scope

Post by scope »

tylor wrote: Also wondering if there are any plans to add any other sites like (nzbmatrix) in light of the recent news regarding Newzbin

???
nzbmatrix has been added in 0.4.. Only downside is you either have to upgrade your iphone to 3.1.3, which is a big NONO if you want to stay jailbroken.. Or you can run Fake 3.1.3 (which I installed today), and it seems to work fine.
fakeyfakerson

Post by fakeyfakerson »

barrettj wrote:
fakeyfakerson wrote: So is nothing going to be done about backwards compatibility with 3.1.2? That's pretty damn disappointing if you ask me, there's no good reason not to. I refuse to upgrade to 3.1.3 until it's jailbroken, which is never going to happen, so until then I'm stuck with an old mynzb version. Hacking my phone to make it seem like 3.1.3 is just another headache that could potentially cause unwanted problems that are completely avoidable.
It's actually really simple to use the fake firmware version: you install an app, restart (not re-spring, you actually have to power off), and you're done.  If you want to go back, just uninstall the app.  I've had zero problems using the fake firmware app since it came out and I use a ton of different apps.  You should really give it a try.
the developer of the crack himself says that some people are having problems not being able to reboot after installing it and being forced to restore, and seeing as apple is only letting people restore to 3.1.3 would mean the jailbreak would be lost forever (until 4.0 comes out).

even the developer put this in the description:
"3.1.3 is just 3.1.2 API with jailbreak closed. So any app written for 3.1.3 should run on 3.1.2. There is no point letting appstore prevent your install. Appstore developers that force 3.1.3 are idiots. You can solve this yourself now."

i'd rather not take the chance of losing my jailbreak just for this application.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

You can restore to any firmware you want but that is besides the point. Quote from hacker is pretty spot on , there's absolutely no reason to require 3.1.3 except an oversight or just in spite. I sure won't be getting this app now. Tris ( game that apple banned due to pressure from EA ) is much more important to me than "lazyness" app such as this. I can queue up anything from within Safari, and monitor via sab's , admitedly slow, mobile skins.
mtehonica
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by mtehonica »

Any plans on a native iPad version of MyNZB?  It would be great to have this app on the full screen of the iPad without pixel-doubling it.
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

mtehonica,

iPad version will be planned depends on how long it takes to come out here :)
EricJD

Post by EricJD »

How about adding NZBs.org for search?
mattrb

Post by mattrb »

wally007 wrote: Tris ( game that apple banned due to pressure from EA ) is much more important to me than "lazyness" app such as this. I can queue up anything from within Safari, and monitor via sab's , admitedly slow, mobile skins.
If you dont like this excellent program, then use the WebUI. This program is special and important in every way.

One of the Top 10 apps on my phone.
bragg2012

Post by bragg2012 »

Got a feature request here for an already brilliant app.

Integrated wake on lan (wol) support.  I already have another app for this, but having it right in mynzb would be an added bonus.  I can then wake my server and wait for it to connect to sab.  Not sure if this could also use the same host/port setup and just send the magic packet or wether you would need to create a new port.

Also, nzbs.org would be a treat.  I also hope to god you bring out ipad integration, should be out at the end of this month in the uk but you can get the SDK already.