need help with headphones is this the right place?

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
ramymounir

need help with headphones is this the right place?

Post by ramymounir »

i was trying to install headphones on my Netgear ReadyNAS server, but i can only install sabnzbd.. if there is a way to install it on ReadNAS servers please let me know.. but thats not the problem now :)

I have an O2 joggler that is connected to my audio processor as an audio source so i can stream music to different rooms in the house.. this joggler running Ubuntu.. i thought i can install headphones on it, and somehow set it up to fetch music and direct the downloaded files to the readyNAS server.

I installed headphones on the joggler, and i can open the page localhost:8181/manage

now the problem is

how to access the headphones settings page from any laptop on the network? this joggler will be sitting in a cupboard in the basement, and it is not practical to open the settings of headphones from it every time i need to change something..

i tried to use a laptop on the same wifi network, but it won't access the headphones page.. when i type localhost:8181 on the laptop browser it says no such page.. that is obvious i know because local host means i have to access from the joggler itself..
i also tried the internal ip of the joggler but it also didn't work.. 192.168.1.41:8181 nothing.

it is weird because.. for example
the readynas server ip is 192.168.1.100
when i type 192.168.1.100:9090 i can access sabnzbd from a ny laoptop in the network.. so why not the same for headphones on joggler??
ramymounir

Re: need help with headphones is this the right place?

Post by ramymounir »

any thoughts?

i need to access the computer that has headphones on my network from another computer... how do i do it??
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

kotua2

Post by kotua2 »

ramymounir wrote:any thoughts?

i need to access the computer that has headphones on my network from another computer... how do i do it??
Set Headphones HTTP Host to 0.0.0.0
restart it This should work :)