Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kierse

Re: Media Rover

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: ERROR: configuration directory (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Mediarover) does not exist.  Do you need to run `C:\Users\jay\Downloads\kierse-mediarover-01399cd2af4113d6ac4dfa537b40c0e7b10ebda4\kierse-mediarover-01399cd2af4113d6ac4dfa537b40c0e7b10ebda4\scripts\sabnzbd_episode_sort.py --write-configs`?
I wasn't very happy with how the sorting script was being invoked and users on several different platforms were having problems getting it to work reliably.  As a result, I just pushed some code that reorganizes the sorting scripts in what I feel is a more logical manner.  Basically, I moved the current sorting script (MR/scripts/sabnzbd_episode_sort.py) into the root directory and renamed it to episodesort.py.  I added two example shell scripts (one for Linux/UNIX/Mac OS X and one of Windows) that should be invoked by SABnzbd.  These scripts can be moved around on disk to accommodate your individual configuration without having to worry about breaking anything.  Both scripts have a couple of variables that will need to be populated to match your installation.  I tried to set logical defaults but they won't work for everyone.

Another thing to note for all users: the sorting shell scripts will need to be made executable so that SABnzbd can run them.  In unix this means chmod'ing the file, in Windows this means setting execute permission on the file for the appropriate user (or for everyone).  If anyone needs help accomplishing this, drop me a line.

Let me know if these recent changes don't solve your problem.

Thanks,
Kierse
Last edited by kierse on July 27th, 2009, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayman

Post by jayman »

thanks kierse!  will try it out when I get a chance.
jayman

Post by jayman »

This is what I get now (in SAB) under windows using the .bat file and changing the root of my directory to "C:\Users\jay\Downloads\Rover\Rover" (without the quotes) where mediarover lives:

ERROR: configuration directory (C:\Users\jay\AppData\Local\Mediarover) does not exist.  Do you need to run `python mediarover.py --write-configs`?

Is it looking in the old place for the config directory?

One other thing, minor.  The log data for mediarover itself is not getting put in the log folder like it used to.  It's getting put in the same place as the config files.
jayman

Post by jayman »

I think the problem lies in that mediarover is putting the configuration files in the mediarover directory under a folder called "%LOCALAPPDATA%".  This is by default as I did not specify a directory when I --write configs.
kierse

Post by kierse »

I just pushed a fix for the logging problem.  You'll need to regenerate your logging configs - sorry about that :-[
jayman wrote: I think the problem lies in that mediarover is putting the configuration files in the mediarover directory under a folder called "%LOCALAPPDATA%".  This is by default as I did not specify a directory when I --write configs.
Strange, it appears to be working properly for me under Windows XP and the Windows 7 release candidate.  I don't have a Vista VM so I haven't tried it there yet (I'll try and get one up and running tomorrow).  This is what should be happening:

- under Windows XP, the default config path is %APPDATA%\Mediarover.  This gets translated into something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\kierse\Application Data\Mediarover
- under Windows Vista greater, the default config path is %LOCALAPPDATA%\Mediarover.  This gets translated into something like this: C:\Users\kierse\AppData\Local\Mediarover

Are you running Vista?  Also, when you say it creates a folder called "%LOCALAPPDATA%" in the MR directory are you saying you end up with this:

C:\Users\jay\Downloads\Rover\Rover\%LOCALAPPDATA%

Kierse
jayman

Post by jayman »

kierse wrote: I just pushed a fix for the logging problem.  You'll need to regenerate your logging configs - sorry about that :-[
jayman wrote: I think the problem lies in that mediarover is putting the configuration files in the mediarover directory under a folder called "%LOCALAPPDATA%".  This is by default as I did not specify a directory when I --write configs.
Strange, it appears to be working properly for me under Windows XP and the Windows 7 release candidate.  I don't have a Vista VM so I haven't tried it there yet (I'll try and get one up and running tomorrow).  This is what should be happening:

- under Windows XP, the default config path is %APPDATA%\Mediarover.  This gets translated into something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\kierse\Application Data\Mediarover
- under Windows Vista greater, the default config path is %LOCALAPPDATA%\Mediarover.  This gets translated into something like this: C:\Users\kierse\AppData\Local\Mediarover

Are you running Vista?  Also, when you say it creates a folder called "%LOCALAPPDATA%" in the MR directory are you saying you end up with this:

C:\Users\jay\Downloads\Rover\Rover\%LOCALAPPDATA%

Kierse
Yup, I am running vista and it ends up exactly like "C:\Users\jay\Downloads\Rover\Rover\%LOCALAPPDATA%".
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: Yup, I am running vista and it ends up exactly like "C:\Users\jay\Downloads\Rover\Rover\%LOCALAPPDATA%".
I created a Vista VM and went through the process of getting MR setup and configured.  When I ran --write-configs, MR correctly created the configuration directory in the expected location without error.  Can you still reproduce this behavior on your end?

Kierse
jayman

Post by jayman »

Yeah, it still does it.  That's really strange.  I have the folder where it's supposed to go it just won't put it there.  I even tried manually telling mediarover to put the configs in the right location and it does.  But then when you run mediarover it says it can't find the config files.  Maybe it's just something with my computer.  I guess if no one else is having the problem I'll just make do.  What I'm doing now is using the most recent mediarover but using the episode_sort script from the previous version.
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: Yeah, it still does it.  That's really strange.  I have the folder where it's supposed to go it just won't put it there.  I even tried manually telling mediarover to put the configs in the right location and it does.  But then when you run mediarover it says it can't find the config files.  Maybe it's just something with my computer.  I guess if no one else is having the problem I'll just make do.  What I'm doing now is using the most recent mediarover but using the episode_sort script from the previous version.
Does the scheduling script run correctly?  Or does it error like the sorting script?
jayman

Post by jayman »

kierse wrote:
jayman wrote: Yeah, it still does it.  That's really strange.  I have the folder where it's supposed to go it just won't put it there.  I even tried manually telling mediarover to put the configs in the right location and it does.  But then when you run mediarover it says it can't find the config files.  Maybe it's just something with my computer.  I guess if no one else is having the problem I'll just make do.  What I'm doing now is using the most recent mediarover but using the episode_sort script from the previous version.
Does the scheduling script run correctly?  Or does it error like the sorting script?
Yes.  The scheduling script runs correctly when the %LOCALAPPDATA% folder is at C:\Users\jay\rover\rover (the default on my computer).  It does not run correctly when I put it in C:\Users\jay\APPDATA\Local\mediarover.
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: Yes.  The scheduling script runs correctly when the %LOCALAPPDATA% folder is at C:\Users\jay\rover\rover (the default on my computer).  It does not run correctly when I put it in C:\Users\jay\APPDATA\Local\mediarover.
Hmm, are you changing %LOCALAPPDATA% by chance?  If you are and the purpose is to get the config directory created somewhere else all you need to do is the following:

Code: Select all

python mediarover.py --write-configs --config "C:\Users\jay\rover\rover"
Incidentally, what does your account say the value of %LOCALAPPDATA% is?  To get the default value, you can run the following in a command prompt:

echo %LOCALAPPDATA%
Kierse
jayman

Post by jayman »

kierse wrote:
jayman wrote: Yes.  The scheduling script runs correctly when the %LOCALAPPDATA% folder is at C:\Users\jay\rover\rover (the default on my computer).  It does not run correctly when I put it in C:\Users\jay\APPDATA\Local\mediarover.
Hmm, are you changing %LOCALAPPDATA% by chance?  If you are and the purpose is to get the config directory created somewhere else all you need to do is the following:

python mediarover.py --write-configs --config "C:\Users\jay\rover\rover"

I'm not changing %LOCALAPPDATA% on purpose.  I just run:  python mediarover.py --write configs and it put a folder called %LOCALAPPDATA% in my mediarover folder.  I did try placing it somewhere else as well by using: python mediarover.py --write configs --c "C:\Users\jay\AppData\Local\mediarover   and although it put the configs in that place mediarover didn't work.

I'll check what my account says of the value of "%LOCALAPPDATA%" when I get home but I already typed %LOCALAPPDATA% in the windows search bar and what came up was C:\Users\jay\AppData\Local.
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: I'm not changing %LOCALAPPDATA% on purpose.  I just run:  python mediarover.py --write configs and it put a folder called %LOCALAPPDATA% in my mediarover folder.  I did try placing it somewhere else as well by using: python mediarover.py --write configs --c "C:\Users\jay\AppData\Local\mediarover   and although it put the configs in that place mediarover didn't work.
Oops, I guess I should have mentioned that if you have MR put the configs somewhere else using the --config flag, you'll need to pass that new location (again using --config) whenever you call the scheduling or sorting scripts

python mediarover.py --config C:\some\other\location
python episodesort.py --config C:\some\other\location ...  # in MR/scripts/sabnzbd_episode_sort.bat
jayman wrote: I'll check what my account says of the value of "%LOCALAPPDATA%" when I get home but I already typed %LOCALAPPDATA% in the windows search bar and what came up was C:\Users\jay\AppData\Local.
Hmm, that looks correct.  I'll keep looking into the problem and let you know if I come up with anything.  Very strange indeed.

In the meantime, try using the --config flag and putting the configs somewhere else on disk.  Just don't forget to tell MR where the new config directory is!

Kierse
jayman

Post by jayman »

The newest version works great.  On my computer the config files are put under C:\Users\jay\Application\Data\Mediarover.  But it's all good as it appears to work flawlessly.  under vista 64 bit.
Stokkes

Post by Stokkes »

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I have a mixture of x264 based series and xvid/divx based series.

I know the purpose of the program is to automate the system, but I think it would be nice to have the ability to specify which series we want in x264 and which we want in xvid/divx/etc...

Sure I could use MyTvNZB RSS to generate two specific RSS feeds, but this doesn't work for older shows that have been cancelled (MyTvNZB doesn't carry cancelled/ended shows).

I currently use HellaVCR because it supports this. It works a bit differently (you basically configure which shows you want, tell it which episode you've last downloaded and it goes and grabs the rest, or it can grab an entire series). It doesn't have an intelligent checker however that will redownload an episode if it wasn't downloaded correctly, but I'm willling to live with this.

Any thoughts?