Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kierse

Re: Media Rover

Post by kierse »

qrb123 wrote: I just looked a little closer and  it downloaded the first one at 06:12:21 - Then the next one at 06:15:49 -- So it would have queued them up at the same time, because media rover runs at 10 minute intervals, and would have run for that batch at 06:10:00. 
Thanks qrb123, that helps.  I'll take a look

Kierse
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

kierse wrote:
qrb123 wrote: I just looked a little closer and  it downloaded the first one at 06:12:21 - Then the next one at 06:15:49 -- So it would have queued them up at the same time, because media rover runs at 10 minute intervals, and would have run for that batch at 06:10:00.  
Thanks qrb123, that helps.  I'll take a look

Kierse
Ehh, it's not a big deal - I would not waste time on it, it's only happened once to me so far, and it's not like I am so fat that hitting the delete key is a hard one for me.

I only posted because I wanted to make you aware of it, but it sounds like others already have, it's certainly no deal breaker.
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

Thank you for fixing the bug.

I'm now facing another problem though...
For some reason, mediarover is downloading daily shows serveral times - I'm not sure if this is
caused by the same "bug" mentioned by qrb123.

I'll try to give you an example:
So it downloads a daily show and the sorting script puts it in a folder like

Code: Select all

/usenet/tv/A Daily Show/2009/A Daily Show - 2009.09.23.avi
But then if mediarover is run again it looks like this:

ERROR - episode 'A Daily Show - 14x11' does not exist on disk - error.py:45
INFO - adding 'A Daily Show 14x117' to download list - __init__.py:443
And it downloads it again even if sab shouldn't queue the same job twice.

The resulting file will then be called:

/usenet/tv/A Daily Show/A Daily Show - 2009.09.23.200909241033.avi
That happens to all my daily shows, reports, and late shows...  ::)
Sometimes it downloads an episode more than twice... but I can't see any pattern for this behaviour...

help? :-)
thanks, stan
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Stan, was the show 14x11 or 14x117?
Might be a parsing error

Also, do you have duplicate series folders? That also causes it to think it's not yet downloaded

EDIT in bold, lol
Last edited by rollingeyeball on September 24th, 2009, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

rollingeyeball wrote: Stan, was the show 14x11 or 14x117?
Might be a parsing error

Also, do you have duplicate series folders? That also causes it to think it's not yet downloaded

EDIT in bold, lol
Yes, that seems to be a parsing error - I think I saw someone mentioning this bug just recently.
All three digit numbers get cut off at the end. I still wonder if this really has something to do with it.
So I tried some things:
First I tried to change mediarover.conf to rename all daily shows with a different pattern - so I changed
the usual "show - date - smart title" to "show - season episode - daily" hoping that it would result
in names like "A Daily Show - 14x117 - 2009.09.23.avi".
But that led to mediarover stopping with a python error. Seems like it just doesn't allow the
variable $(season_episode_2)s in the daily section.

Then I tried to rename one .avi in the folder manually. But mediarover still thinks the file doesn't
exist - even though the titles match exactly. (I even tried 4x11 ;- )

And to finally answer your question - I don't have duplicate folders or anything - it doesn't even work
when "A Daily Show" is the only folder on the entire disk....  :'(

Actually I'm out of ideas...
Is there anyone who has positive results with this?

st
Last edited by stanpete on September 24th, 2009, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daniel_owen_uk
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by daniel_owen_uk »

Have a quick question, I am getting some errors that I think I have narrowed down to my RSS feeds.  I removed all but one of the RSS feeds I have and it ran without errors, so it must be something to do with one of them.

So my question; What would mediarover do if you fed it an RSS feed that doesn't exist?
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

daniel_owen_uk wrote: So my question; What would mediarover do if you fed it an RSS feed that doesn't exist?
I honestly don't know - i'd say something like "no valid rss found" ...
Why don't you try it out ?

stan
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

It just runs through the nothingness without a problem.

2009-09-26 10:38 INFO - begin processing sources - __init__.py:214
2009-09-26 10:38 INFO - found feed 'norss' - __init__.py:230
2009-09-26 10:38 INFO - watching 1 source(s) - __init__.py:261
2009-09-26 10:38 INFO - processing 'norss' items - __init__.py:324
2009-09-26 10:38 INFO - finished processing source items - __init__.py:446
That is with

[[blegh]]

[[[norss]]]
			url = http://nourl.com/doubtthereisrsshere.rss
EDIT:
Kierse, could you add pysnarl support as a feature?
So when something is added to the queue it pops up a notification? I think it's pretty easy to do. Pysnarl does it all for you. It's probably still a level above my mediocre python understanding though.
Last edited by rollingeyeball on September 25th, 2009, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi stanpete,
stanpete wrote: First I tried to change mediarover.conf to rename all daily shows with a different pattern - so I changed
the usual "show - date - smart title" to "show - season episode - daily" hoping that it would result
in names like "A Daily Show - 14x117 - 2009.09.23.avi".
But that led to mediarover stopping with a python error. Seems like it just doesn't allow the
variable $(season_episode_2)s in the daily section.
I believe someone else has experienced this problem in the past although I can't remember what the exact circumstances were.  Unfortunately, I don't watch any daily tv so that aspect of the program is probably lacking.  I can say a few things though:

Media Rover expects all daily episodes to be of the format YYYY-MM-DD and does not (officially) support using series episode formats (s01e10, 1x10, etc) when naming daily episodes, .  That being said, MR will happily download incorrectly named daily episodes and try to process them as if they were series episodes (I should probably change that).  This probably wouldn't be a problem if it always downloaded episodes that were named the same way.  I'm guessing you are in this situation because it's downloading episodes named both ways.  Here's how it works: MR determines if a given nzb is a daily by the presence of a broadcast date in the nzb title.  It uses this info when looking for episodes on disk.  If it thinks its looking for episodes named one way, it will ignore any/all episodes named another way

If you'd like to read more about nzb naming, have a look at the TVRage.com naming convention found at http://cl1p.net/newzbintvtitledocs (thank you rollingeyeball).

Oh, another reason daily episodes must currently be numbered according to broadcast date is that there is a bug when handling episode numbers over 99.  As there are likely more than 99 daily episodes in a season, this will eventually cause problems.
stanpete wrote: Then I tried to rename one .avi in the folder manually. But mediarover still thinks the file doesn't
exist - even though the titles match exactly. (I even tried 4x11 ;- )
As I said above, make sure all the episodes are named with a broadcast date, not season / episode number.  This is how your daily series folders should be structured:

The Daily Show/
        2009/
                2009-09-01 - Some guest.avi
                2009-09-02 - Another guest.avi

If you structure your daily folder as above, does MR correctly identify the episides? 

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

rollingeyeball wrote: Kierse, could you add pysnarl support as a feature?
So when something is added to the queue it pops up a notification? I think it's pretty easy to do. Pysnarl does it all for you. It's probably still a level above my mediocre python understanding though.
A long term goal of mine was to add some kind of a notification system to Media Rover.  I'll definitely have a look at pysnarl when I get around to it.

Thanks for the suggestion
Kierse
yeahbut

Post by yeahbut »

Kierse,

Growl support would be good as well...

:)
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

I have a weird thing happen after adding a newzbin rss feed for another show - media rover works fine if I comment out the new show, but for some reason I get this error when I have one particular feed -- it seems to process most the feed, as I see it mentioning the name of the show, etc, but it ends in this error.

I get this right after it says "Proccessing 'show name' items

2009-09-27 00:36 ERROR - unsupported item title format - error.py:45

Then it goes through episodes it finds of the series, and properly says ignoring season, for seasons I am ignoring...

and ends in this

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/home/jeff/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 104, in main
   _process(config, options, args)
 File "/home/jeff/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 335, in _process
   episode = item.download()
 File "/home/jeff/mediarover/mediarover/sources/newzbin/item.py", line 35, in download
   return self.__download
AttributeError: 'NewzbinItem' object has no attribute '_NewzbinItem__download'
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "mediarover.py", line 19, in
   mediarover.main()
 File "/home/jeff/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 104, in main
   _process(config, options, args)
 File "/home/jeff/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 335, in _process
   episode = item.download()
 File "/home/jeff/mediarover/mediarover/sources/newzbin/item.py", line 35, in download
   return self.__download
AttributeError: 'NewzbinItem' object has no attribute '_NewzbinItem__download'
Last edited by qrb123 on September 26th, 2009, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

I think i get that randomly in logs too, but it doesn't do any harm
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

rollingeyeball wrote:
I think i get that randomly in logs too, but it doesn't do any harm
In my case it prevents MR from queuing up the shows available that it should be grabbing. 

What's weird about it is all my newzbin searches are exactly the same except for the show they are searching for.  I just go to search, reports, then put in show name, select english as my launguage, tv or hdcap as source, and save it and get the rss link to paste into the .conf file. 

Then I tell the conf file which seasons to ignore, then I make a folder on my disk for the show...
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Currently I'm only getting xvid episodes, meaning I can and do just use the one feed.

Anyway, this might help Kierse

2009-09-28 02:05 INFO - processing 'newzbin_allnewtv' items - __init__.py:325
2009-09-28 02:05 ERROR - unsupported item title format - error.py:45

2009-09-28 02:05 INFO - skipping 'The Eggs - 3x11', not watching series - __init__.py:350
2009-09-28 02:05 ERROR - missing episode season number - error.py:45
2009-09-28 02:05 ERROR - unable to parse item title and create episode object - error.py:45

2009-09-28 02:05 INFO - skipping 'The Sopranos - 5x10 - Cold Cuts', not watching series - __init__.py:350
2009-09-28 02:05 ERROR - unsupported item title format - error.py:45

I believe the names are OK, because that's just whats in an RSS feed. Perfectly Legal.