Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kierse

Re: Media Rover

Post by kierse »

yeahbut wrote: Growl support would be good as well...
Have no fear, I wouldn't leave out the OSX users!
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

rollingeyeball wrote: Currently I'm only getting xvid episodes, meaning I can and do just use the one feed.
Duh!!!!

Man I feel stupid now....  I have been setting up a feed for each show, I like the idea of just setting up a feed for my video parameters, language, etc., and letting mediarover do the work of figuring out what I want or don't want.  I had been thinking far too narrowly here.

EDIT* I was letting newzbin do much of the work when I could have just been letting mediarover do it.

I have set up a single feed, and not only does it seem to be working, media rover runs a hell of a lot faster now.  Finishing in a few seconds rather than a minute or so.
Last edited by qrb123 on September 28th, 2009, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Glad you got that sorted qrb123!
yeahbut

Post by yeahbut »

kierse wrote: Have no fear, I wouldn't leave out the OSX users!
Good stuff... Thanks.

Did you see my post regarding installing Cheetah & CherryPy on Snow Leopard?

yeahbut
kierse

Post by kierse »

yeahbut wrote: Did you see my post regarding installing Cheetah & CherryPy on Snow Leopard?
I think so, you said installation was pretty painless right?  Or was there another post that I missed...

Kierse
yeahbut

Post by yeahbut »

kierse wrote:
I think so, you said installation was pretty painless right?  Or was there another post that I missed...

Kierse
Yes. that's right, it was painless with a little command line knowledge...

:)
Goriem

Post by Goriem »

Hi!

First off, thanks for a GREAT addon to sabnzbd !!!

I really LIKE this - making things so much easier

a request, when adding more rss feeds to the parsing list, will it someday be possible to add feeds from http://www.nzbindex.nl/ for those of us (like me) that does not have access to www.newzbin.com ?
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Goriem,

I don't think it's possible, with /any/ automated downloading app to use that website, unfortunately.
It's because the link in the RSS goes to a webpage, and you have to select your files and click download from there.

Thanks for the site link btw. I like the layout, so I might use that whenever I Newzbins 240day retention falls short =S
On that note, I want regular season 1 reposts of every show known. Gah!

Edit to mention:
There are many other sites you can use though, that arn't Newzbin or paid or anything.
I think I'll have to edit AGAIN, with some examples.
Also, if you want a Newzbin invitation, I'll be happy to send you one. Throw me a PM :)
Last edited by rollingeyeball on September 30th, 2009, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

stanpete wrote: For some reason, mediarover is downloading daily shows serveral times - I'm not sure if this is
caused by the same "bug" mentioned by qrb123.
To everyone who has reported issues when downloading daily episodes: are you still having problems?  I've been doing some testing for the last couple of days but have been unable to produce any errors in regards to daily downloads.  MR has successfully downloaded episodes from two different daily series for the last 3 days without incident.

I'm only using Newzbin at the moment so I'll probably expand my testing to the other sources.  Can anyone shed some more light on this issue?

Thanks,
Kierse
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

kierse wrote:
stanpete wrote: For some reason, mediarover is downloading daily shows serveral times - I'm not sure if this is
To everyone who has reported issues when downloading daily episodes: are you still having problems?  I've been doing some testing for the last couple of days but have been unable to produce any errors in regards to daily downloads.  MR has successfully downloaded episodes from two different daily series for the last 3 days without incident.

I'm only using Newzbin at the moment so I'll probably expand my testing to the other sources.  Can anyone shed some more light on this issue?

Thanks,
Kierse
Hey Kierse,
I didn'T have much time lately - but I'll tell you my results later tonight. It's looking better though.
st
Goriem

Post by Goriem »

kierse wrote:

Thanks,
Kierse
Using:
SABnzbd ver 4.11 and Mediarover on windows 2003
using RSS feed from http://mytvnzb.foechoer.be/ x264 only (i havent had time to get to know newsbin yet)

the last week i have dl 5 shows automatically with mediarover and mediarover has downloaded every show and placed the show in the correct folder on my HTPC server (windows 2003 mediaportal tv server) - so no issues from my end.

I have event used the sorting script to sort and place manually downloaded series from tvnzb.com
daniel_owen_uk
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by daniel_owen_uk »

I pinned a problem down to a show (Dexter) that was available pre-air, wondered if this could cause issues?
stanpete

Post by stanpete »

Sent a PM to Kierse. Maybe I'll put a short synopsis in here once we/he figured it out.

st
kierse

Post by kierse »

daniel_owen_uk wrote: I pinned a problem down to a show (Dexter) that was available pre-air, wondered if this could cause issues?
It shouldn't as long as the nzb is named correctly (it must contain the series name, season and episode number).  But then again, MR will skip the nzb if its unable to scrape the necessary data from the title.  Can you give me a little more detail about what the problem was?  Did it successfully schedule the episode for download and just not sort it properly?  Or did it fail to schedule it at all?

Kierse
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

kierse wrote:
To everyone who has reported issues when downloading daily episodes: are you still having problems?  I've been doing some testing for the last couple of days but have been unable to produce any errors in regards to daily downloads.  MR has successfully downloaded episodes from two different daily series for the last 3 days without incident.

I'm only using Newzbin at the moment so I'll probably expand my testing to the other sources.  Can anyone shed some more light on this issue?

Thanks,
Kierse
It only happened the one time for me. I am only using newzbin as a source.  I tried using some other sources, but had language I don't speak issues.  

I am sending a PM as, the details of what it was downloading are not for public view.
Last edited by qrb123 on October 2nd, 2009, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.