Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kierse

Re: Media Rover

Post by kierse »

Goriem wrote: Hvow might one get a hand on this "updated" code? just d/l the same zip from www.mediarover.tv ?
Grab the latest code from the project page on github: http://github.com/kierse/mediarover/downloads

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

makkonen wrote: ... can we turn off the season folders?
No.  I have that on my list of things to do but currently the season / year is  required.

Kierse
Lockzi

Post by Lockzi »

kierse wrote:
Ghosttt wrote:

Code: Select all

2009-10-13 11:46 ERROR - unexpected response received from queue, unable to schedule item 'xxxx 7x04' for download - error.py:45
Hey Ghosttt,

You seem to be having the same problem as Lockzi: communication with SABnzbd is failing.  Increase your logging threshold and try manually adding an nzb to the SABnzbd queue (see previous post).  Let me know what response you get when adding the nzb.

Kierse
Somehow Media Rover works excelent for me now, I can't recall what I did to fix that specific problem. But I think I had forgotten to add the /sabnzbd/ to the http://127.0.0.1 URL and that yielded that error.

Verify the last part of your configuration :)
Goriem

Post by Goriem »

kierse wrote:
Goriem wrote: Hvow might one get a hand on this "updated" code? just d/l the same zip from www.mediarover.tv ?
Grab the latest code from the project page on github: http://github.com/kierse/mediarover/downloads

Kierse
Thnx
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

Can anyone think of a reason MR works as it should when I run it manually from the command line, but when cron runs it I get this error?

2009-10-16 07:40 ERROR - [Errno 32] Broken pipe - __init__.py:106
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/xbmc/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 104, in main
    _process(config, options, args)
  File "/home/xbmc/mediarover/mediarover/__init__.py", line 349, in _process
    logger.info("skipping '%s', not watching series", item.title())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1030, in info
    self._log(INFO, msg, args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1143, in _log
    self.handle(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1153, in handle
    self.callHandlers(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1190, in callHandlers
    hdlr.handle(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 669, in handle
    self.emit(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 778, in emit
    self.handleError(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 720, in handleError
    traceback.print_exception(ei[0], ei[1], ei[2], None, sys.stderr)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/traceback.py", line 124, in print_exception
    _print(file, 'Traceback (most recent call last):')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/traceback.py", line 13, in _print
    file.write(str+terminator)
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

I had it working great on my file server, but ever since I migrated to this new HTPC box I built, it does this.  Not sure where I messed up setting it up...
kierse

Post by kierse »

qrb123 wrote: I had it working great on my file server, but ever since I migrated to this new HTPC box I built, it does this.  Not sure where I messed up setting it up...
Hmm, did you remember to pipe the output to /dev/null or similar (you could also modify logging.conf and turn off logging to the screen).  I'm not familiar with the gritty details of any cron daemons but if it doesn't set up an output handler MR will likely die.  I know some cron implementations capture output and email it but that is daemon dependent.  Just a guess

Kierse
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi All,

Well I am finally trying to make the switch from Smartdownloader to Mediarover.  I have a few questions that I would appreciate some help with:

- I am getting an error that says I need to declare at least one root_tv directory.  My setting is: tv_root = M:\TV Shows   Do I need to format this differently?

- My tv show directory is just a tad off from standard.  I use:  M:\TV Shows\Show Name\Show Name - Season xx\Show Name - s01e01.avi   Will Media rover handle this?  I see there is a umask = 022 setting, but I don't see any documentation on the unmask variable.

- If I am reading all of this right, i need to turn off SABnzbd TV Sorter and set to Mediarover scripts.  Do I read this right that all I need to do is go to SABnzbd, Config, Folders, Folder containing the user scripts: and enter "C:\Users\Admin\Mediarover\Scripts"  

- The only issue I had with Smartdownloader was the way it handled certain shows like American Dad! as my directory structure was American Dad, or CSI Versus CSI Crime Scene Investigation.  Does Mediarover do a better job with this type of stuff?  I can see the alias setting in the config, but do I need to id each show or does it natrually do a getter job?

Many many thanks!  don't know what I would do with out these types of scripts!  Hong Kong TV is soooooo bad it is not even funny!

Cheers..
Last edited by pilGrim on October 18th, 2009, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

kierse wrote:
qrb123 wrote: I had it working great on my file server, but ever since I migrated to this new HTPC box I built, it does this.  Not sure where I messed up setting it up...
Hmm, did you remember to pipe the output to /dev/null or similar (you could also modify logging.conf and turn off logging to the screen).  I'm not familiar with the gritty details of any cron daemons but if it doesn't set up an output handler MR will likely die.  I know some cron implementations capture output and email it but that is daemon dependent.  Just a guess

Kierse
Trying the logging.conf now, will have to wait a few minutes before I know if it works. I deleted my logfiles as well to be able to tell real fast if it works
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

That worked. Thanks!!!
kierse

Post by kierse »

qrb123 wrote: That worked. Thanks!!!
One thing to keep in mind: if you modified logging.conf and turned off output to screen, you won't see any logging data when you run MR in a terminal.  Logging data will still be sent to the log file as usual (as long as you didn't turn that off too)

Kierse
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

kierse wrote:
One thing to keep in mind: if you modified logging.conf and turned off output to screen, you won't see any logging data when you run MR in a terminal.  Logging data will still be sent to the log file as usual (as long as you didn't turn that off too)

Kierse
I understand.  I took the "screen" out using # comments, so I could revert if needed.  Frankly, I don't want to run this manually.  What I love about this is that once I get it working as I want, it does the work for me. After all, isn't that what any good software is for, keeping people from having to do repetitive tasks or calculations?

Like I said before in a PM - I will gladly pay you $50 for this software and all of the support you have given me - all you need to do is send me a paypal email addy... This software is easily worth that, probably worth more.  This software took a $30 a month giganews account, all the way to a $150+ a month sat or cable subscription with a DVR, with no commercials as a bonus!!  I can't wait to see how you improve it over time. I see a lot of potential here.  I used sab for a while before discovering this little gem that has totally changed the way I think of sab and usenet.  Sab is great, but I had no idea how great it was until I found this.

Thanks again, I really mean that. Your software has done wonders for my household.  Even the wife comments on how she likes this better than when we had our TV needs met by other more costly solutions.  She can't get over the no commercial thing. She loves it. You made me look good to her, and I owe you for that :)
Last edited by qrb123 on October 18th, 2009, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi pilGrim,
pilGrim wrote: - I am getting an error that says I need to declare at least one root_tv directory.  My setting is: tv_root = M:\TV Shows   Do I need to format this differently?
Your declared tv_root directory has a space in the name, try wrapping it in double quotes like so:  tv_root = "M:\TV Shows".  I'm guessing the space is throwing off the config parser.
pilGrim wrote: - My tv show directory is just a tad off from standard.  I use:  M:\TV Shows\Show Name\Show Name - Season xx\Show Name - s01e01.avi   Will Media rover handle this?
Yes, but you'll need to update your code for it work.  I just pushed some code that fixes a bug with this particular feature.

In the config file you'll need to set the season template variable to something like the following:

Code: Select all

season = '$(series)s - Season s$(season)02d'
pilGrim wrote: I see there is a umask = 022 setting, but I don't see any documentation on the unmask variable.
This variable allows you to set permissions on all folders created by Media Rover.  I've had some problems with it in the past and in its current state I don't believe it works as it's supposed to (or perhaps how I expected it to).  You can safely ignore it.
pilGrim wrote: - If I am reading all of this right, i need to turn off SABnzbd TV Sorter and set to Mediarover scripts.  Do I read this right that all I need to do is go to SABnzbd, Config, Folders, Folder containing the user scripts: and enter "C:\Users\Admin\Mediarover\Scripts"
Not quite, there's actually a couple steps needed to get SABnzbd to automatically use the sorting script:

1. Make a copy of the sabnzbd_episode_sort script specific to your operating system (as it appears that you use Windows, you'll want to copy/rename sabnzbd_episode_sort.bat.example to be sabnzbd_episode_sort.bat)
2. Open sabnzbd_episode_sort.bat and set the necessary variables (specifically ROOT and PYTHON)
3. In SABnzbd, set Config > Folders > Folder containing the user scripts to "C:\Users\Admin\Mediarover\Scripts" and save
4. Go to Config > Categories and set the script dropdown for the tv category to be the sabnzbd_episode_sort.bat script and save
pilGrim wrote: - The only issue I had with Smartdownloader was the way it handled certain shows like American Dad! as my directory structure was American Dad, or CSI Versus CSI Crime Scene Investigation.  Does Mediarover do a better job with this type of stuff?  I can see the alias setting in the config, but do I need to id each show or does it natrually do a getter job?
Yes...and no.  Media Rover treats the folder titles as series names and uses them when determining if an nzb should be downloaded.  As I mentioned in a previous post, MR lowercases the folder name and strips out any non-alphanumeric characters before making a comparison.  Using your examples, a folder named "American Dad"  and an nzb named "American Dad!" will correctly match (as MR strips out the !).  A folder named CSI and an nzb named "CSI Crime Scene Investigation" will not.  In this case, you could either rename the folder or declare an alias.

Hopefully I've been able to answer your questions.  Please let me know if something is still unclear

Kierse
revelation_22

Post by revelation_22 »

qrb123 wrote:
kierse wrote:
One thing to keep in mind: if you modified logging.conf and turned off output to screen, you won't see any logging data when you run MR in a terminal.  Logging data will still be sent to the log file as usual (as long as you didn't turn that off too)

Kierse
I understand.  I took the "screen" out using # comments, so I could revert if needed.  Frankly, I don't want to run this manually.  What I love about this is that once I get it working as I want, it does the work for me. After all, isn't that what any good software is for, keeping people from having to do repetitive tasks or calculations?

Like I said before in a PM - I will gladly pay you $50 for this software and all of the support you have given me - all you need to do is send me a paypal email addy... This software is easily worth that, probably worth more.  This software took a $30 a month giganews account, all the way to a $150+ a month sat or cable subscription with a DVR, with no commercials as a bonus!!  I can't wait to see how you improve it over time. I see a lot of potential here.  I used sab for a while before discovering this little gem that has totally changed the way I think of sab and usenet.  Sab is great, but I had no idea how great it was until I found this.

Thanks again, I really mean that. Your software has done wonders for my household.  Even the wife comments on how she likes this better than when we had our TV needs met by other more costly solutions.  She can't get over the no commercial thing. She loves it. You made me look good to her, and I owe you for that :)
I was having the same issue as qrb123. I am using a feed from mytvnzb.foechoer.be and nzbs.org and the error only occured with the nzbs.org feed enabled. Piping the script output to /dev/null cured the problem. Thanks for the hint kierse! I agree with qrb123, where do I send a donation. This script is the best thing since women :)

revelation22
Last edited by revelation_22 on October 18th, 2009, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Kierse,

Thanks for the replies!  I am at work but can't wait to get home and try out all the suggested fixes. 
kierse wrote:
Yes...and no.  Media Rover treats the folder titles as series names and uses them when determining if an nzb should be downloaded.  As I mentioned in a previous post, MR lowercases the folder name and strips out any non-alphanumeric characters before making a comparison.  Using your examples, a folder named "American Dad"  and an nzb named "American Dad!" will correctly match (as MR strips out the !).  A folder named CSI and an nzb named "CSI Crime Scene Investigation" will not.  In this case, you could either rename the folder or declare an alias.
Regarding folder names versus nzb names, I use XBMC and all my folder names are set to the TVDB.org naming convention for the scraper.  So in my case "CSI Crime Scene Investigation" is the folder name as just CSI does not work with the scraper.  Problem is that most people post this show as just plain old CSI.  In smart downloader I was able to set the alias to match them up for download, but the show would download as CSI and SABnzb would create a new directory structure under CSI.  I would then move it to "CSI Crime Scene Investigation" and rename the file, deleting the CSI directory.  Can Mediarover help with this?  Minimad tried to solve this with Smart Downloader by having the script rename the nzb by show folder name and save it to the blackhole that is watched by nzbd.  I was never able to get it working correctly on my end.  In the end I was just happy that all shows were picked up with my aliases, and just dealt with the fact that I had to manually find, move and rename them; not that many shows in the big scheme of things.

Thanks for much for all your work on this.  Everyone speaks so highly of the script that I can't wait to get it working correctly on my system!

Cheers
kierse

Post by kierse »

pilGrim wrote: Regarding folder names versus nzb names, I use XBMC and all my folder names are set to the TVDB.org naming convention for the scraper.  So in my case "CSI Crime Scene Investigation" is the folder name as just CSI does not work with the scraper.  Problem is that most people post this show as just plain old CSI.  In smart downloader I was able to set the alias to match them up for download, but the show would download as CSI and SABnzb would create a new directory structure under CSI.  I would then move it to "CSI Crime Scene Investigation" and rename the file, deleting the CSI directory.  Can Mediarover help with this? 
Yes, Media Rover should handle this properly.  When MR uses an alias to match an nzb to a series, the series name is ultimately still used when sorting/renaming the episode.  So in your case, an nzb named CSI would get renamed to CSI Crime Scene Investigation upon download.

Once you get it all configured and running properly, let me know how it goes.  You'll be one of the first users to make use of this feature (that I know of anyway).

Kierse